Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four Rebook Catches Fire For Marvel

(slashfilm.com) Deadline is reporting that Fantastic Four will be the next Marvel film Fox dates for release, to follow The Wolverine and X-Men: First Class 2. We knew a script was in the works, and that Trank was developing the film, but this is the first official news about forward momentum on the project in a while. The film will feature a new cast and a new take on the characters. Deadline says that FF will likely be Trank’s next movie. (Also meaning he might not end up doing Shadow of the Colossus after all.)

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Who is Trank?
    He directed "Chronicle", which I haven't seen, but at least makes him seem like a better choice than Tim Story was for the previous two films.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Who is Trank?
    He directed "Chronicle", which I haven't seen, but at least makes him seem like a better choice than Tim Story was for the previous two films.
    Ah. Josh Trank. Got it.

I was afraid we were looking at some one-name music video director.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Wants
    1. Classic-looking costumes. Something that doesn't have long-ass gloves at least.
    2. Motion-capture Thing. So its can be CG but the actor has to wear a suit to mimic a guy who has become a guy made of rock.
    3. No clouds. Not even in a scene when its raining.
    4. No dancing.
    5. No yuppie/metro-sexual Dr. Doom.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Ok, did I miss something from the first FF movies in regards to #3 and 4?
  • Options
    Wants
    5. No yuppie/metro-sexual Dr. Doom.
    I still remember how appalled I was to hear that nasally voice coming out of Doctor's Doom's mask. Never in all my years of reading the FF did I imagine him sounding like that. I know everyone complains about Jessica Alba, and that wasn't great casting either, but Doom was the real misfire for me.
  • Options
    I'm guessing #3 is referring to Galactus.

And wasn't there a horrible Reed Richards dance sequence in the second one? I barely remember that film.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, ok, I get it, yeah, we don't need any of that.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I'm guessing #3 is referring to Galactus.

And wasn't there a horrible Reed Richards dance sequence in the second one? I barely remember that film.
    Yep. I was referring to Cloud Galactus and the dance scene for Reed's bachelor party where the CG looked real bad. You're lucky you are forgetting it.

• Options
    @rebis is spot on with that. I would have no problem with the future FF movies taking place during the 60's.