Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

SDCC News: A Dream Come True! Neil Gaiman announces his return to Sandman!

A DREAM COME TRUE!
Neil Gaiman announces his return to Sandman!

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited July 2012
    I don't personally feel like I need more Sandman, but I know many who love it, and I am happy for them. And anything that will help bring attention to and keep the doors open at Vertigo is good news to me.

And it will be hard for anything else getting announced this SDCC to trump this news.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I like the fact that he very pointedly name-checked Karen Berger.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited July 2012
    . . . .
    And it will be hard for anything else getting announced this SDCC to trump this news.
    I'm still holding out for that Firefly bomshell (and I'm not talkin' about that upcoming 10-year anniversary reunion special), but yeah, Gaiman on Sandman will be tough to top.

Last week, I was talking to my LCS owner about DC's apparent plans to revitalize the Books of Magic franchise, and possibly the Sandman one as well. I asked him if it that means Neil will be on board. At the time, he didn't think that would be the case. I argued that without Gaiman's involvement, DC risked fan backlash not unlike the response BEFORE WATCHMEN was subjected to. I suspect what has happened here is that DC brought in Neil to make the transition more palatable. They'll have Gaiman crank out some new material, then have someone else take the helm. I'm sure they want to avoid another WATCHMEN scenario (i.e. being accused of mucking about with someone else's masterpiece).