Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel NOW!: Some thoughts....

Just some random thoughts about Marvel Now!...

1.) Original X-Men in the present- Why does this kinda feeling like "Teen Tony"/ Timeslide Iron Man? Sure it's a way to reset X-Men continuity without actually resetting it....but, c'mon.

2.) Uncanny Avengers- With Beast, Storm, Wolverine, Quicksilver, and The Scarlet Witch already on the team and Squirrel Girl, Firestar, Justice, the Falcon, and Namor on speed dial, it was just a matter of time before the Avengers became a field team for Xavier's School and another mutant franchise title.

3.) Marvel's big claim here is that it isn't a reboot and it's still an ongoing continuity, but Marvel editorial in the past decade have pretty much thumbed their nose at continuity....and pretty much have publicly stated it. So...what's up, Marvel?

Best Answer

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Answer ✓
    1. I have to say that for some odd reason, I am actually interested in this premise. I like time travel stories and whatnot. I'll be curious to see how Bendis handles the original 5 as teens looking at their present day selves and wonder how the heck they got that way. Especially Scott.

2. This doesn't have me all that interested although with the fallout of AvX, I can imagine the tension between the team members could be interesting but it's been said many times before that Avengers and X-Men on the same team is not a unique concept but the circumstances are new and that's probably the biggest selling point. I'll at least check out the first issue.

3. It does seem like it's all going to be in continuity. All of these new teams are coming off of AvX so that's one point that leads me to believe that this is all part of continuity. I see this less as a reboot but just another chapter in the Marvel Universe. No different than the Heroic Age or whatever we got after Civil War.