Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1250 Talkback: 2012 San Diego Comic-Con Interviews

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited July 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Comic-Con was this past weekend and Pants was there. Listen to his interviews with Katie Cook, Dave Dwonch, Jim Calafiore, Kevin Freeman, Freddie Williams II, Jamal Igle and the Eisner Award winning Mike Norton. (1:03:57)

Listen here.

Comments

• random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Good episode! Lots of con coverage episodes have spotty sound quality but this was pretty consistent. Nice job Pants!
  • poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    Great job!
    Thanks for all the info.
    Really interesting.
  • LIPKA679LIPKA679 Posts: 3
    Thanks for all this.
    Cheers
  • peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    random73 said:

Good episode! Lots of con coverage episodes have spotty sound quality but this was pretty consistent. Nice job Pants!

I came to post this same thing. Great job on the even volume.

• alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Yeah, Pants! Good job! I thought some of your roommates were a little.....okay, I'll say weird, but overall I enjoyed the interviews. I gotta make it to SDCC someday: probably after I retire cuz of my work schedule.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I am hoping one day I can get over my major fear of crowds and goto Comic Con. Every year my uncle that lives in San Diego offers to buy me a 4 day pass,and says I can stay with him. But I know if I do go,I will just end up having a panic attack on the floor.
    dubbat138 said:

I am hoping one day I can get over my major fear of crowds and goto Comic Con. Every year my uncle that lives in San Diego offers to buy me a 4 day pass,and says I can stay with him. But I know if I do go,I will just end up having a panic attack on the floor.

I am happy to bear that burden on your behalf. :-\"
    random73 said:

dubbat138 said:

I am happy to bear that burden on your behalf. :-\"
    i would be happy to give you the free tickets. But my Uncle is an asshole and I doubt you would want to put up with him ,even if it means getting to goto Comic Con for free.

That bad huh? My niece works in public relations for Caesars Palace and has been inviting me out for years and I keep failing to make the trip. She is not an asshole however.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    All interesting folks whose work I enjoy and have loved hearing from in the past, but to be completely truthful I was hoping for some new voices in the mix rather than the usual "friends of the show" assortment.

But my mileage may vary.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508

All interesting folks whose work I enjoy and have loved hearing from in the past, but to be completely truthful I was hoping for some new voices in the mix rather than the usual "friends of the show" assortment.

But my mileage may vary.

I think you make a good point LibraryBoy...but I'm hoping as Pants eases more into the producer-ship role that he will venture into the unknown and do interviews with creators he doesn't actually know.
    Finally listened to this episode late last night. Was fun,it is always great to hear Dave Dwonch on the show. Pants really needs to go out on night partying with Dave.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited July 2012
    alienal said:

But my mileage may vary.

I think you make a good point LibraryBoy...but I'm hoping as Pants eases more into the producer-ship role that he will venture into the unknown and do interviews with creators he doesn't actually know.
    Agreed. I offer constructive criticism like that knowing full well how hard it is to talk to people you don't know well! But I never said I wasn't a hypocrite! ;)
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Heard @Pants taking part in the podcasters panel on Word Balloon's SDCC wrap up show.

Good interviews @Pants, thank you.
  • I think pants does a fantastic job at cons. They are a terror trying to juggle being a fan and an Internet legend and talk to people. Pants embodies what a podcaster can do at a hugely busy con and stay sane.
    Well...
    He is as sane as anyone I know...
    Um...
    I digress on the sanity, BUT he kicks total ass!
    Most podcasts are about comics and do interviews. A few are interview shows and do comics.

I love you senior pantalones!!!!
    Wow! I'm with @MikeGallagher on this one too! Thats two agrees in the same day! Wait...is this Earth 2? Am I in the right universe? Must be cuz Pants is still awesome!
  • random73 said:

Wow! I'm with @MikeGallagher on this one too! Thats two agrees in the same day! Wait...is this Earth 2? Am I in the right universe? Must be cuz Pants is still awesome!

Pants brings out the awesome sauce in everything.
    Except soup.
    And candy.
    And vegetables.