Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Harris Comics, Vampirella.

Hi,

It's my first time posting, but I come here with a bit of a question. I'll be honest--I really am not too knowledgeable about comics and their publishers outside of the more popular brands (Marvel, DC, etc.). I've had some comics for a while, and since I really have no use for them, I thought I would sell them. The problem is, I'm not sure what they're worth and I'd like to see if anyone could give me any advice about their value.

They're all in good or great condition. I see no damage whatsoever.

So, without further ado, this is what I have:

1 - Vampirella poster (I can't see the design, at it's still sealed and rolled in plastic. All I can see is the bottom left corner, which features a copyright date (1994) and "Vampirella."
1 - Vampirella, "Hell on Earth #1" (Also says "Vampirella Monthly $10" on the bottom-back.)
1 - Vampirella "Zero," sealed in plastic
1 - Vampirella quarterly, spring 2008 #1 (says limited to 500 underneath the name Noah Salonga.)
1 -Vampirella "Queen's Gambit" It has a chromium cover and says Limited Edition on the back.
1 - Vampirella "Hell on Earth" 3 of 3, "Monthly 12" Dated Nov. 1998
1 - Vampirella "Shi" #1 - chromium cover, limited chromium edition.
2 - Vampirella vs. Mistress Nyx #1, both limited edition
1 - Vampirella "Ascending Evil" 1 of 3, says "monthly 1" and is dated Nov. 97.
1 - Vampirella - book 1
1 - Vampirella quarterly, Winter 2008 #1
1 - Cain 1.

Thanks guys.

All the best.

Comments

• Options
    With the comics you could either buy an overstreet buyers guide or google a comics price guide. Or go to mile high and the like and compare.
    Selling is another problem. Your books are only worth what you can get.
    A comic shop may pay half or a third guide price for something worth money. Otherwise your looking at a nickel to a quarter a book.
    Selling on an online auction is a way to go. Many collectors prefer online auction comics to be graded by CGC or the like and 'slabbed' (encased in a collector case with documentation). This is only worth doing on expensive books.

You will need to learn proper grade terminology also. Poor, fair, good, very good, near mint, mint. And the corespondent number grades.

You are stepping into a crazy world. Pm me if you want more help! And good luck!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    As Mike said, you might check in Overstreet and see what they're worth, and adjust your price accordingly. We also have a great thread on here - the Pre-Ebay thread - where people put their books up for sale before they bother hosting them on ebay. You avoid fees, you know they're going to a good home because a fellow forumite will buy them, and you get a price you pretty much want to get (I don't know that excessive haggling goes on...but I don't haggle!) :)

I would imagine if you took all those Vampirella books and made a "Vampirella bundle" out of them and put it on that thread, someone would scoop them up. I'm only just now discovering ol' Vampi, so who knows? I might even dive in... :)

But check Overstreet first or talk with an LCS owner YOU CAN TRUST and maybe they can help you figure out the value.
  • Options
    TripolarTripolar Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice guys. As I said, I really am not too savvy with comics. I had a few when I was really young, but Harris Comics was cleaning out their building in preparation for a move and left them in the lobby for the trash. I'm not looking to rip anyone off or make a nest egg or anything like that. My main thing is vinyl records, and I know I've gone nuts looking for a particular record, so I figured someone might be looking for these. I'll be sure to post in that thread. Again, thanks for all the help and advice. Another guy told me to just trash them, but as I said, they're in good shape (very good to near mint, I'd say, if I'm using a similar grading system to records), so that seemed a bit silly.