Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1251 Talkback: The Road to 'The Dark Knight Rises'

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited July 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
In anticipation of 'The Dark Knight Rises' coming out this Friday, we discuss the previous two Batman films - what comic books stories the movies draw from, the casting of the various roles and more. (1:31:28)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    FYI: In other bat-podcasting news, Bruce Timm is interviewed on Kevin Smith's "Fatman on Batman" show.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Heads up if I annoy you; I liked both of these movies & talk quite a lot about them!

M
  • Options
    MarkRojasMarkRojas Posts: 22
    This was a great review of the Nolan Batman movies to get prepared for TDKR, I imagine several thousand similar conversations will be had on Thursday afternoon while everyone is waiting in line for the midnight release.
  • Options
    UrbalcloudUrbalcloud Posts: 42
    Great episode, guys! Very much enjoyed the walk down Bat-memory lane. It's nice having Matt among the geeks again. Happens too rarely.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited July 2012
    Good episode guys. Can't wait to see this movie, it's going to be a nice opening to my first vacation from work in twelve years.

Boreanaz as Batman? He can do dark and broody, he's one of my favorite actors but I can't picture him as Batman. I knew after watching Equilibrium that Bale was going to be a great Batman.

I was really hoping that they would have done more with Harvey in Dark Knight and going into Dark Knight Rises.

MSNBC has had an article up about some theory about Levitt's cop identity. I won't get into it, it may or may not be spoilery.

I really can't wait to see this movie, you guys got me more stoked than I already was.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Great episode guys. Although, @Matt. I'm not sure I got enough perspective on your thoughts about the Bat-movies. Don't be afraid to talk more. :-@ :D I'm very jazzed to see this movie.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    where is Shane?
    I keep thinking Matt is Shane...
    And what happened to the guy who runs the movie theatre?!
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I thought Matt ran the movie theatre. boy are we showing our ignorance or what?
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    maybe during the intro... the geeks need to give a little more background... like... "I'm Brian Christman and I only read DC comics... I'm Murdough and I'm stuck in the 90s... I'm Jamie D and I love captain america..."

just a little something to remind old listeners and definitely give new listeners a little bit more information
  • Options
    Shaner was unable to make the recording, though he really wanted to.

Mike used to work at the theatre. I'm employed as a detective.

You're right, I should talk a lot less and stick to throwing out comments. :) I've always hate doing these types of episodes because I always feel like I push out the voices of the other guys.

The DKR review is going to be horrendous with the sound of my voice!!

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @Matt : stop underselling yourself - you know you're awesome B-)
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    oh yeah! Matt the Private Eye! Hey Dude! Long time no hear. sorry to be a dufus. no don't worry about crowding the other geeks out we hear them all the time. getting a new voice is good.
  • Options
    BibliomikeBibliomike Posts: 16
    Enjoyed this episode a lot and am very psyched for the midnight show tonight!

I didn't make the time to rewatch the first two films, so I listened to your CGS original reviews to refresh my memory. Just heard Bryan D say, in 2005, regarding what the next film might be, "Personally, I don't need to see another Batman-Joker movie; it's been done; move on." I know, with hindsight, everything is clearer... still, it made me chuckle.
  • Options

@Matt : stop underselling yourself - you know you're awesome B-)

random73 said:

oh yeah! Matt the Private Eye! Hey Dude! Long time no hear. sorry to be a dufus. no don't worry about crowding the other geeks out we hear them all the time. getting a new voice is good.

Thanks for the bode of confidence. As long as you, the listeners, think so, I'm fine with it. If I start thinking that, my ego will need a good kick!

M
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Decided to delay till tomorrow night for Imax viewing.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    @Matt

I enjoy your input on any episode you are on. In some ways you remind me of myself when I was younger.

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    If I start thinking that, my ego will need a good kick!

M
    Even more than it already does?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    @Matt, when it comes to Batman, I've always liked your perspective on the character.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I have pretty much been watching BB and TDK on repeat the last week before falling asleep. Can't wait until 10:30 tonight.
    I always knew Christian Bale would be great because he was great in American Psycho. Bruce Wayne and Patrick Bateman aren't all that different. Both have dual identities, are in tremendous physical condition, and are closed off from their emotions.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I hesitated to listen to this and then I just said "Heck with it, I'll go for it" since I had nothing else to listen to while grading papers. Still, you basically had 3 guys who don't mind spoilers vs. Pants! And all the talk about spoilage kinda made me feel something got spoiled, so now I regret listening. I guess I'll have to wait until I actually see the movie to find out! Heh-heh. My favorite moment in BB was the Alfred "All those bloody push-ups and you can't even lift a log (or whatever). My favorite moment(s) in DK was the beginning: just utter confusion and betrayal. What th--?!? Why are the robbers shooting each other? (which is basically what Joker wants throughout the movie--chaos)
    The Geeks: Brian works at ToysRUs, Jamie: Eh, I forgot the name of the company, Mike: used to manage a theater, Matt: private eye, Murd: Christmas Barn (?), Shane: still house-husband (?), and Bryan: works at a bank. (Bonus: Peter - dancing the night away, and Kevin: MIA.)