Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Coming back...tail between my legs

2»

Comments

• Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    Tea with milk :D Except now I have a new kind I like Earl Grey and vanilla :P
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

Tea with milk :D Except now I have a new kind I like Earl Grey and vanilla :P

As in the Earl Grey has vanilla right in (kind of like my current favorite, honey vanilla chamomile), or you add vanilla to the tea in addition to/in place of the milk? Because both sound fantastic.
  • Options
    I don't know who you are but your taste in tea saddens me. White Tea with Peach is great or White Tea with OJ,ah hell, White Tea with any type of juice is pretty damn good. I like mine iced. Oh and HELLO!
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2012
    Welcome back. Saw you on a thread earlier this weekend and thought you may have been back for awhile and I just missed it. And congrats on being married.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
  • Options
    Cheers all, @Justin_TheBuck I like white tea as well at the moment but I drink it warm with a little bit of honey.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Cheers all, @Justin_TheBuck I like white tea as well at the moment but I drink it warm with a little bit of honey.

Since I am from the deep south I prefer sweet tea. But have tried other teas and while they are good,I still like my sweet tea.

• Options
    Never had sweet tea. Currently in my house I have
    Earl Grey
    Earl Grey and Vanilla
    Earl Grey and Jasmine
    Earl Grey and Lavender
    White (Mai Pu Tang)
    Chocolate
    And standard black but I don't drink that stuff
  • Options
    I don't mind sweet tea as long as it's not to sweet. There are some I think can root teeth in mere sips,lol.
  • Options
    Is sweet tea the same as our iced tea?
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I drink a LOT of green tea, mostly because I've bought into the whole anti-oxident thing, and working overnights, I'm not eating in a healthy way.... And yes, Iced tea = Sweet Tea, except in the south, they REALLY sugar up the iced tea. As a kid, I remember my mother and grandmother both would buy the big plastic container of Iced Tea Mix, and I HATED it.

Now, I make my own, with a simple syrup as a sweetener, and find I quite enjoy it while we broil int he summer.
  • Options

Is sweet tea the same as our iced tea?

Pretty much. I have found that sweet tea is different based on what part of the USA you are in. When I have been up north the sweet tea isn't as sweet as it is when you are in the deep south. Plus it is always served ice cold.
  • Options

I drink a LOT of green tea, mostly because I've bought into the whole anti-oxident thing, and working overnights, I'm not eating in a healthy way.... And yes, Iced tea = Sweet Tea, except in the south, they REALLY sugar up the iced tea. As a kid, I remember my mother and grandmother both would buy the big plastic container of Iced Tea Mix, and I HATED it.

Now, I make my own, with a simple syrup as a sweetener, and find I quite enjoy it while we broil int he summer.

Yeah in the south sweet tea is extremely sweet. And served up as cold as it can be.
  • Options
    My favorite way to make tea is this. I got a gallon sized glass pitcher. I fill it up with warm water from the tap,then add 4 tea bags. Put the rubber stopper in the top. Then either sit it outside in the sun or put it near a window. Let it sit for at least 4 hours. Then remove the tea bags and add at least 8 spoons full of sugar. Stir it really good. Then put it in the fridge to cool it down.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I'm still addicted to P.G. Tips with honey & cream.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Stash is my tea brand of choice. My favorite is the double bergamot Earl Grey with a smidge of sugar. Peppermint in the evening, also sweet. I tend to want my hot tea sweet and my iced tea not. Iced tea should really just be dirty water! :D
  • Options
    random73 said:

Iced tea should really just be dirty water! :D

Dirty bitter water!
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

My favorite way to make tea is this. I got a gallon sized glass pitcher. I fill it up with warm water from the tap,then add 4 tea bags. Put the rubber stopper in the top. Then either sit it outside in the sun or put it near a window. Let it sit for at least 4 hours. Then remove the tea bags and add at least 8 spoons full of sugar. Stir it really good. Then put it in the fridge to cool it down.

What sort of tea bags to you use? Just normal black tea?

• Options

dubbat138 said:

Pretty much. Lipton is the brand I buy the most.

• Options

dubbat138 said:

Pretty much. Lipton is the brand I buy the most.

I don't know if they sell that here, only the premade stuff
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Lipton is not available in the UK.

It's a fairly classic Black Tea blend.

(Thanks, Wikipedia)
  • Options
    Cheers, I'll try it with some PG Tips
  • Options

Cheers all, Hazel was a "girl" who started causing a lot of issues. It all started when someone offered to send me their copy of watchmen because they had the absolute.

Man, I would love to hear more of this... sounds like petty drama, which I love. :)
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Lipton is not available in the UK.

It's a fairly classic Black Tea blend.

(Thanks, Wikipedia)

Thanks @wetrats . After I posted that I was wondering if it was out in the UK.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    If you're talking about Lipton Yellow Label, that's available usually only in independent shops, not the larger supermarkets. I speak with some authority on the matter.
    :-$
  • Options
    Cheers, after sorting out my cupboard I have found a tin of maple tea, think I might try that as iced tea
  • Options

Cheers, after sorting out my cupboard I have found a tin of maple tea, think I might try that as iced tea

Sounds good,be sure to report back and tell us how it was.

• Options