Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Went to the store...

So I swung by my LCS today and picked up three things:

'Batgirl' HC by Gail Simone and Ardian Syaf
'Punk Rock Jesus #1' by Sean Murphy
'Gonzo: A Graphic Biography of Hunter S. Thompson' by Will Bingley & Anthony Hope-Smith

and then I swung by Barnes and Nobel and bought the following off the "Buy 2 get one FREE" table:

'Supergods' by Grant Morrison
'The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay' by Michael Chabon
'The Zombie Survival Guide' by Max Brooks

So I haven't read any of them except for 'Punk Rock Jesus' (off to an interesting if not twisted start) and I'm wondering post purchase...what do the rest of the geeks out there think of these additions to my geek library? So I was wondering, what do you think I should start with? Have you read any of these? What did you think (non spoilery as possible)?

I know Amazon is there for reviews and such to determine these things for myself, but I trust you guys over amazon any day.

Comments

• Options
    to be honest I haven't read any of those, but I have heard interesting things about SuperGods (like it goes a long way into understanding Grant Morrison, if there is such a thing) and the book by Michael Chabon also got some press... I think the EOC guys talked bout Kavalier and Clay.. I say not a bad haul at B&N, nicely done sir.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Kavalier and Clay is the only thing from that list I have read. It was a good read. I have read Max Brooks World War Z and it was good so I assume his Zombie Survival guide will also be pretty good.
  • Options
    I've had the zombie survival guide sitting on my shelf for a while but I still haven't read it. Will probably get there eventually or just get rid of it.
  • Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    Lethem is one of my favorite authors, but when I read Kavalier and Clay a few years ago I really didn't dig it. I've been meaning to give it another shot. Supergods was interesting, and the Zombie Survival Handbook is fun, but not the sort of thing you sit down and read from start to finish. In my opinion, anyways.