Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Big Comic Box

Hi, I've had a huge box of comics sitting around for years. Mostly x-men, they are all like new and in plastic sleeves. I'm wondering around how much money I can sell these for.

Here's the list:

Kitty pride and wolverine 5
Kitty pride and wolverine 4
Kitty pride and wolverine 3
Kitty pride and wolverine 2
Kitty pride and wolverine 1

Nightcrawler 4
Nightcrawler 2 (wrapping is a little bent)
Nightcrawler 1

Xmen vs magneto special double sized 150th issue (unsleeved but pristine)

Alpha flight (unwrapped, not sure which issue)
Alpha flight (issue unknown)
Alpha flight (issue unknown, sleeve is damaged)

X men and alpha flight 1

Weapon x

Wolverine timeline weapon x card
X force deadpool card (not sure what it is
X men team pictures cars

Newer edition x men (issue unknown)

Comments

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    No idea how many are in the box, but there is nothing of substance in what you have listed. Assuming 'huge box' is about the size of a long box and that you have listed the most interesting items, i would think maybe $15-20 for the whole box.
  • Options
    FarthainFarthain Posts: 2
    I thought there were more when I started typing. That is everything, Ive never been into comics, and these are from a birthday present in 3rd grade when I went through and xmen obsession so I don't know anything about them. I just saw most of them said stuff like "limited edition set" (nightcrawler and the wolverine and kitty pride ones.) is there like a web database where I can check some info on those? Also if anyone wants to see individual pictures, email me at lmdfarthain@gmail.com
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Welcome aboard. For selling, as well as advice on selling, your best bet would be to use the eBay and selling thread. Also, taking a look at that thread may help give a sense of what sorts of prices people are selling single issues for. And, of course, looking up some of these issues on eBay or online retailer shops like MyComicShop.com can also help.

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Yes, look them up on mycomicshop.com. they will also tell you if they would buy them and how much they would pay.

Limited here just means it was a short number of issues, nothing special beyond that.
  • Options
    This thread reminds me of all the comic book jargon we take for granted.
    We take things like issue #'s as a standard concept, but how many people look at or can find the issue number on a magazine they buy regularly.
    A limited series has been reduced to something long time fans might skip over, but it sounds like it sound be something very special - I suppose at one time it was.
    Bags and boards, is it really important to cover our newsprint in a plasic wrapper? To some folks it is, Mylar baby!

Just some thoughts that popped in my head.
    Good luck selling your books, hope you get back into the hobby.