Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

From the pages of the Court of Owls story line Talon #1

So, what do you think of this series idea? I think it could have legs if, and big if, they keep it grounded.

Keep the mystical stuff to a science level, with the healing factor and other abilities, and don't get too out there with it. I have seen other books go downa a road of magic and occult that just killed the stories.

Im going to give it a shot cause I love the court of owls storyline.

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    a month ago i was looking forward to this but when it came time to place my DCBS order i just couldn't bring my self to do it. I didn't want to take on another Bat title.
  • Options
    I have been thinking about getting more bat titles. Birds of prey use to be a fave of mine pre new 52. Thinking red hood and outlaws too. U read them? Worth an ongoing read?
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    i have been reading Red Hood but i'm dropping off when the creative team changes.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Doesn't the concept sound like Jean Paul Valley/Azrael's solo series? I can't recall if he was running away from or to bring down the Order of St Dumas, but he was a rogue member. If this Talon becomes an "Agent of the Bat" than the new 52 is recycling some old 52 ideas.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

Doesn't the concept sound like Jean Paul Valley/Azrael's solo series? I can't recall if he was running away from or to bring down the Order of St Dumas, but he was a rogue member. If this Talon becomes an "Agent of the Bat" than the new 52 is recycling some old 52 ideas.

M

I certainly see the comparison as far as being rogue members breaking out of a secret society (though that idea is not unique to Azrael). But at the moment, from what has been said of the Talon series is that he is not an agent of Batman, and it sounds like they are going to try to get him into other parts of the DCU and away from Batman for awhile. Might he eventually become an ally or agent of Batman? Sure. But the initial plan seems to be to avoid that.

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    David_D said:

Matt said:

M

I certainly see the comparison as far as being rogue members breaking out of a secret society (though that idea is not unique to Azrael). But at the moment, from what has been said of the Talon series is that he is not an agent of Batman, and it sounds like they are going to try to get him into other parts of the DCU and away from Batman for awhile. Might he eventually become an ally or agent of Batman? Sure. But the initial plan seems to be to avoid that.

Yeah I knew the concept wasn't original with Azrael, it just stood out as another series spinning out of a Bat-crossover (especially one where Batman is broken) where he's breaking away from a secret society.

If this Calvin has shaggy blonde hair & occasionally wears glasses, I call recycled idea!!

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

David_D said:

Matt said:

M

Yeah I knew the concept wasn't original with Azrael, it just stood out as another series spinning out of a Bat-crossover (especially one where Batman is broken) where he's breaking away from a secret society.

If this Calvin has shaggy blonde hair & occasionally wears glasses, I call recycled idea!!

M
    There's definitely similarities. And Talon is edited by Marts, so it is from the Bat Office. But, who knows, they may succeed in getting it out from under the shadow and being it's own thing. We'll see.