Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1259 Talkback: Talking Fan Expo Canada with Tiz

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited August 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Fan Expo Canada is coming up in only a few weeks in Toronto so we talk with the Event Coordinator Tiziano De Santis all about conventions in general and specifically what to expect from this year's show. (1:36:52)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Just finished listening to the episode.
    Now I'm even more excited about going. This is my third year I come from Winnipeg to go..2 years ago was my first big con that I went to. It was a bit of a cluster f*** but that didn't deter me from going again.
    Those sketch duels Tiz mentioned sound awesome. I'm gonna try to see a couple this year.
    The comic guest list is f'ing amazing this year as always! Nice jobs expo people.
    Can't wait to see the exclusives.
    Tiz is making them sound wicked!
    Too bad none of you are coming I missed out before because I'm a new-ish listener( I'm the canadiana listener you mentioned in ep. 1200)
    maybe next year?
    Also I heard from creators last year about how friendly we are I think that's great for the con! Keep it up all you fans. see you at Fanexpo!!!!!
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Pants NOT going to a con. WOW! Now that is a shocker. Anyway, I hope you guys get a few more comic writers/artists on the podcast for interviews. I always enjoy a Uncle Sal or Tiz episode just telling it is. Keep up the great work guys.

Matthew
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I was one of those that ranted about the fire marshal "event" the the long lines outside that happened in 2010. And I MUST say that last year was MUCH, much better. There was better crowd control and the staff seemed better trained (or prepared?). Anyway, I wish I was going for the trifecta (3 years in a row!) but alas...my schedule and money are a little tighter this year. I think the atmosphere differences that the artist and other guests see are a reflection of the culture. I think Canadians just tend to me more friendly, open, and they don't take this stuff THAT seriously. They're fans, but they're not crazy-serious about it. Maybe it's for the same reason that they have so many comedians. Just a theory. I think what I'm going to miss most is not getting to talk to Uncle Sal, not going to the sketch duels (still haven't won yet though I've gone to about 8 in 2 years), and maybe the Masquerade. I met a girl there last year who was really cute and friendly. I wish I had exchanged phone numbers with her. On the other hand there were some jerky young guys a few rows back making noise with the toys they bought and talking to their friends on their cell phones throughout the show. Ugh. And when is this Vancouver show? I'm trying to decide if I should go to a new show and whether it should be Vancouver or wherever Wonder Con is next year.