Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Rick Remender Interview on His New Captain America

From iFanboy:

ifanboy.com/articles/interview-rick-remender-on-captain-america-from-marvel-now/#comment-437615

I'm excited about this for a couple of reasons:

1. JRJR's art on the cover looks amazing (I know it's only one picture)!
2. Brubaker clearly needs to take a break from this character, and I've really enjoyed what Remender's doing on Venom.

I'm a little nervous about this for a couple of reasons:

1. Not sure about mixing Cap and sci-fi themes, and
2. 99% of the time, I have no friggin' clue what goes on in Uncanny X-Force

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    JRJR on art and Remender's discription of what type of stories he'll be telling is enough for me to drop the book.
  • Options
    Romita Jr is enough to keep me buying the book -- but Remender's stories will be what determines whether I'll stay around past the first few issues. I only came back to Cap because of Brubaker's writing (and I had to buy a lot of trades to catch up!), so the quality had better be up the bar Brubaker set.
  • Options
    Quite a task following what Ed has done. Im on the fence as Cap is one of my top 3 fave characters, but lm not into him as a syfi based hero. Will have to give it a try and see where we ride to.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I am going to keep getting the book, as I really like Remender, but I'm going through my Cap Essentials, and I would LOVE it if someone did a modern take on the Kirby "Constant action" version of Cap.
  • Options
    Not a fan of jrjrs art, but really like remender. Same thing with the iron man book with Greg land art, not the hugest fan but really like Gileon. Has to come down to price point if the book doesn't grab me the first few issues.