Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I shook Neal Adams' hand yesterday.

Lifelong wish fulfillment. Had to tell someone who knows what I'm talking about. That is all.

Comments

• SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Very cool. For all of the talk about people not liking his current work, the man is a legend, and I am always interested in his art.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I know the feeling. I got to meet Walt Simonson this summer, and thank him for nearly 40 years. Incredibly satisfying.
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I know what you mean. I was at the pre-party for the Denver Comic Con, turned a corner and there was Neal freakin Adams. Awesome!
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I had a beer with Thomas Ott once B-)
  • TobyToby Posts: 91
    ...at the first NY comic con that CGS was at, my brother and I saw George Perez and stopped him on his way to the bathroom. He was nice enough to shake our hands and then he was off to take a wizz... He was wearing that same shirt that Pants uses for his forum avatar, Hawaiian one.
  • My mom bought me Batman #251 off the spinner rack at Family Drug in Akron, Ohio, and I memorized every line in every panel over the years. Bought Adams' work every time I saw it on a cover, even when I was young. His oversized Collector's Edition cover with Batman screaming over the corpse of Robin, with a mezzotint Ra's al Ghul in the background, is to this day one of my favorite comic-related drawings ever.

I see a Mort Drucker influence in his work now that makes it difficult for me to enjoy, but WOW does that older work fire me up.

To meet this man and shake his hand was a great honor for me. Plus I got a sweet signed Green Arrow print. Thanks for sharing with me in our common awe of these talented people!
  • MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Cant wait to meet him @ Dragon*con... as a Lantern fan his run with O'neil is to say the least iconic.