Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The CGS Podcast iTunes Artwork Petition

Let me start this off by saying CGS is by far the best Comic-related podcast ever. However, every time I download the newest episode and upload it to my phone I get this:

It's blank and boring and sometimes I actually upload some artwork just so I can satisfy my iTunes Artwork OCD.I'll always love the podcast and will continue to listen if it's NOT up there, but it would make it so much aesthetically pleasing to have it there. Who's with me?

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    There used to be artwork. For some time when I tried downloading episodes on my iPhone, I had the same problem. But for some reason, it has recently come back. I wonder if this is an iTunes code thing that is the problem? I just looked in my iTunes and there is no artwork there, but on my iPhone there is. Hmm...
  • Options
    I bet the file only has one size of logo in it. Or the XML file that makes the feed only defines one size of logo. iTunes probably demands a specific size to be shown in the Podcast section, but the phone will take a smaller minimum size.
  • Options
    I just load CGS into iTunes as music the I just use the logo as an album cover then paste it in
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    This is probably because iTunes has changed their artwork size recently so there are higher resolution versions of the file for all the new retina displays.

I have to dig through the archives and find all my old artwork and see if I can generate a higher res image. Then it should display everywhere.

Bry
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    I've wondered for a long time why some podcasts I subscribe to never have artwork associated with the downloads, when they may have had it at one time. I've always just added it manually because I tweak the info anyway.