Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1264 Talkback: Leaving Megalopolis Kickstarter with Jim Calafiore

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited August 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Jim has been on a few of our conventions episodes, but this is the first time we've had him on for a full interview. We cover his work for Valiant Comics in the 90's, his run on Exiles for Marvel and Aquaman and Secret Six for DC. He's now got a Kickstarter campaign for Leaving Megalopolis - a graphic novel with writer Gail Simone. (1:09:40)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    I liked his work on Gotham Underground. I never got into Secret Six w/ the exception of one issue that tied into Cornell's Action Comics run.

Matthew
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    It's amazing how well their project is doing over at Kickstarter. Not that it doesn't deserve it but I am blown away by how quickly they reached their goal. Megalopolis sounds great and I am happy to support it.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Thanks to mguy1977 he reminded me I have Gotham Underground in my "need to read" pile so I will read that next. I got to meet him at Motor City Comic-con and he sketched Blink for me. Really enjoyed his run on Exiles. Looking forward to listening.

I am going to need my own Kickstarter campaign to fund all the Kickstarters I want to support! :)
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    I met Jim in Chicago last weekend and talked about this a bit. What a great guy. I am pledging for the print and book. Can't wait to check it out!
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Great episode. I heard Jim talk about Megalopolis several weeks ago and was going to do the pledge where you are in the book and get the art. I checked a few days before Wizard World and it hadn't started yet. I saw Jim at Wizard World and he said they had already met their goal and that incentive was sold out!! I am a little bummed for that reason, but on the other hand so glad their project is doing so well. Gail and Jim are two great creators, can't wait to read this book!
  • Options
    Saw Jim at the Super Wild Pig Show and said how much I enjoyed Secret Six. Glad to see these two teamed together and naturally, I pledged as well.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    My $30 are down. Looking like this gonna be a great book. Role in feb!!!