Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1233 Talkback: Avengers vs X-Men Month 2

13»

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    The expanded Cap & Gambit fight in AvX #2 wasn't nearly as good as the shorter version in the main book. Cap smacking Gambit full-on in the face with his shield was one of the best moments ever!

I also kind of hated the resolution to the Spidey/Colossus showdown in the same AvX issue. Spidey stopped the actual Juggernaut before, but he couldn't slow down Colossusnaut? That one was totally ended that way so because the previous three fights in that series so far all went to the Avengers.
  • Options
    Well the juggerolosus is more powerful than colossus and juggernaut both. Kinda like if you put juggernaut and colossus together.....oh wait.
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    The blue area of the moon is explained in John Byrnes fan four run
    It had something to do with the kree and skrull empires sending their best warriors tgese two men fight for the empire and the fight is set on the moon were they put the blue area and these two warriors fight for centuries there. I also think its mentioned they're there when jean grey died not sure. This is all from my memories of the issue.
    Sorry I can't remember the issue #
  • Options
    mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    I'm listening now....and I agree with Bry, nothing wrong with the questions pants:) I'm loving this event so far and imo Wolverine and The X-Men is, other than the main book, the best of the crossovers, particularly the Slim/Wolvie dynamic played out recently. i'm definately team Avengers but more so team Wolverine:) I find his situation to be the most complex.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    I love when Pants asks questions. Not only does he help to inform the audience, he also spurs good conversation.

Ask away, Pantalones!

Bry

Isn't that what a good interviewer does....ask questions that his/her audience might have?

Sure maybe I knew the answers to all of Pants' Marvel questions but not everybody has been reading Marvel religiously since the early 70's.

Like Bryan said; "Ask away, Pantalones!"
  • Options
    mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    I'm curious as to Wanda's role in this whole thing....Going back to the prelude ish, other than Hope, they seemed to be setting her up for a major role.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    Getting back on topic....

can I point out that 'Tabula Rasa' IS NOT the Australian outback base of the X-Men, it's actually the area of land in america that was 'cut off' from the rest of the world under a giant domelike shield where time ran differently inside and in turn 'developed' differently to the rest of the planet. All this happened in the 'Dark Angel Saga' over in Uncanny X-Force, Tabula Rasa has also been extensivly explored in the new run of 'Uncanny X-Men'. I didnt mind lots of questions during the podcast....but those answering should have the right answers! :P

Apart from that, great podcast. I'm glad you boys are enjoying the storyline so far! :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    I can't wait for CGS to cover the Dark Angel Saga... They actually they may have to cover the first 19 or so issues since its one long story.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Just listened: Yeah, I thinks Pants questions are good ones! Even though I've been reading some Marvel titles almost consecutively since '97 (and sporadically since '66) and so not only have I forgotten some facts, but there are still many issues about Phoenix, Wolverine, Cap, and etc. that I have missed. I can't buy everything! Plus, it's like a trivia panel: it's a challenge to see if I can answer any questions as well or better than Jamie or Mike.
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Terrific episode, Gents! And I agree with Mike, Pants. Please continue to ask a boatload of questions; they greatly augment the conversation!
  • Options
    FYIs for the Episode.
    Wundagore. Home of the High Evolutionary, who tends to great humaniod animals (Childhood place of Pietro and Wonda who were nannied by an anthropomorphic cow).

Tabula Rosa - A place created in the U.S. by the then turned Apocolypes Archangle, where the creatures living there have been artificially created, raised, and evolved in a very short period of real time but an fast rate within the zone.

Rachel Grey (Summers) is the daughter of Scott Summers and Jean Grey from the Days of Future Past story line. She traveled back in time to try to prevent that time line from happening, but arrived during a time when Jean Grey was thought dead and Scott was married to Madelyn Pryor (The clone of Jean) and had a baby (Christopher Summers AKA Cable). This effectively wiped her out of the time line because she was first born and an only child.
  • Options

The blue area of the moon is explained in John Byrnes fan four run
    It had something to do with the kree and skrull empires sending their best warriors tgese two men fight for the empire and the fight is set on the moon were they put the blue area and these two warriors fight for centuries there. I also think its mentioned they're there when jean grey died not sure. This is all from my memories of the issue.
    Sorry I can't remember the issue #

Actually, this was first explained during Steve Englehart's run on the Avengers during the 70's, and was a key point in the evolution of the Celestial Madonna. The Skrulls had come to the Kree homeworld when the Kree were still a primitive race with the offer of raising them up to a technological civilization. The problem was that the Kree homeworld was populated by two competing intelligent species: the Kree and the Cotati. The latter were intelligent plants. The Skrulls offered a competition: each species would be given the knowledge needed to build a city; the one who built the most impressive city would be granted the aid to be uplifted further through the Skrulls' sponsorship. The Kree built the blue city on the moon, a paean to cold technology. The Cotati created a plant-based city, a synthesis between a habitat and a park. The Skrulls deemed the Cotati the winner, the Kree proved to be sore losers and wiped out the entire Cotati race (they thought), and took the technological spoils from the Skrulls by force -- which precipitated the feud between the Kree and the Skrulls.

The business about their best warriors battling gladiatorial duels in the blue city came about later, but the erection of the city itself and the establishment of its breathable atmosphere came about long before that.