Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Magneto vs. Darth Vader

2»

Answers

• Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Vader is powerful but nowhere the levels of Magneto. Just watch the films and you will see Vader might be able to lift and toss about heavy piece of equipment and Yoda was able to lift an X-Wing out of the Swamp but it took some effort for them to do that, but Magneto can do the same with no effort whatsoever. Magneto has stop aircrafts in mid flight and tossed them to the side with just a thought. If Vader could do that why did he not do it to Red and Gold squad as they took out the first Death Star.

Hell Magneto could take down the Death Star all by himself but Vader could not so Magneto should have no problem beating a guy how is part machine.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Vader is powerful but nowhere the levels of Magneto. Just watch the films and you will see Vader might be able to lift and toss about heavy piece of equipment and Yoda was able to lift an X-Wing out of the Swamp but it took some effort for them to do that, but Magneto can do the same with no effort whatsoever. Magneto has stop aircrafts in mid flight and tossed them to the side with just a thought. If Vader could do that why did he not do it to Red and Gold squad as they took out the first Death Star.

Hell Magneto could take down the Death Star all by himself but Vader could not so Magneto should have no problem beating a guy how is part machine.
    I find your lack of faith, disturbing.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Webhead basically says it for me. In my head I see it as a matter of effort. Darth and his powers always seem to lumber and take time, concentration and effort. Magneto in my experience seems to do more w/ less effort and do it faster.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    If Vader could do that why did he not do it to Red and Gold squad as they took out the first Death Star.
    For the same reason that Magneto never ripped the metal out of Wolverine's skeleton until the creative teams had a story behind it - because it would have been a boring movie.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    If Vader could do that why did he not do it to Red and Gold squad as they took out the first Death Star.
    For the same reason that Magneto never ripped the metal out of Wolverine's skeleton until the creative teams had a story behind it - because it would have been a boring movie.
    I pay to see Vader trying to swat X-Wings and Y-Wings as they make their bombing run. I do not think it would of been boring, I think it would of been cool.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Reading some of the comments reminded me of an thought that used to roll around in my brain. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Jedi/Sith powers come from midichlorians, and midichlorians live in the individuals bloodstream, then Ani had to loose a fair amount of power when he went all toasty. Has it ever been detailed on how much power he lost?
  • Options
    Reading some of the comments reminded me of an thought that used to roll around in my brain. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Jedi/Sith powers come from midichlorians, and midichlorians live in the individuals bloodstream, then Ani had to loose a fair amount of power when he went all toasty. Has it ever been detailed on how much power he lost?
    Not that I'm aware of but that is interesting. It has been said that Vader cannot wield full Sith powers because of his metal body. No lightning for DV. He can't leap around and do many other extraordinary things Jedi do.
  • Options
    GrimsisterGrimsister Posts: 35
    Magneto all the way baby!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    But the true question is this: who looks more awesome Magneto or Darth Vader?

I go for Darth Vader :>
    Agree with that. Darth Vader is more visually impressive
    The general concencus seems to be that Magneto is either faster or more ruthless than Vader. I keep reading that Mags would quickly rip all the metal from Vaders body thus killing him. Using the force what is to keep Vader from pulling all the blood from magnetos body. I guess my point is Darth Vader can do anything Magneto can do and he isnt limited to metal.

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force.
    We should ask if Magnetism is stronger than the Force?

Also, who is more evil? For me, it's Vader.
  • Options
    I used to LOVE Vader as a kid... he was the ultimate badass in the universe. And then, to see him redeem himself at the end of Jedi, who could ask for more?

And then along came those shitty prequels, which totally took the mystery and venom out of his character. Now, dammit, when I see the REAL movies, I have to see whiney pants lurking behind the mask, crying about how the sand gets into everything, and bragging about how he built C3PO...
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Now, dammit, when I see the REAL movies, I have to see whiney pants lurking behind the mask, crying about how the sand gets into everything, and bragging about how he built C3PO...
    Not sure why anyone would want to brag about that...

• Options
    Now, dammit, when I see the REAL movies, I have to see whiney pants lurking behind the mask, crying about how the sand gets into everything, and bragging about how he built C3PO...

If I built a robot you wouldn't get me to shut up about it. I'm sure you wouldn't either.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

If I built a robot you wouldn't get me to shut up about it. I'm sure you wouldn't either.
    You missed the joke.

That robot never shuts up either.
  • Options
    SonofthorSonofthor Posts: 73
    Both guys are awesome but I got to stay true to my Star Wars roots and think that Vader will win. If he chokes out mags before he can concentrate on using his own powers the VADER WILL OWN MAGNETO!!!