Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Disney+: Who’s In?

13»

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:
    Oh good.

I think if any 6 year old didn't like Baby Yoda, I would worry! He is like weaponized cuteness. (My mother is hard at work knitting some for our girls based on a bootleg pattern she bought on Etsy, since no official merch is ready for Christmas.)
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited December 2019
    DAR said:
    Release the Herzog cut!
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Matt said:

My 6 year old came in as I was watching Chapter 6. When it was over, she asked to watch Chapter 7. When I told her that’s next week, she asked to Chapter 6 again. This was the first time she really sat & watched Star Wars anything.

This is my experience as well... as much as I have tried to expose my kids to Star Wars, it has never really stuck. They consume the material, move on, and never invest much in the "universe" (unlike the MCU). My 11 year old daughter even said to me recently that "Star Wars is for old people".
    However, it has all changed thanks to The Mandalorian. They can't get enough, LOVE every character (beyond Baby Yoda) and discuss it endlessly. At first, I was disappointed when I realized that Disney was slowly rolling the show out weekly, but Friday night viewing of The Madalorian has become a full on Family event, and turned into something special. Kinda wish Netflix would do the same with the next season of Stranger Things.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I drank the SW Kool-Aid in 1977. I have never looked back. Yes, it can "do wrong" every now and then, but it always gets my forgiveness, and likely will until I die.

My wife, however, forswore all things SW with the prequels and while she tolerates the sequels, her heart is not in it the same way mine is.

Until The Mandalorian.

And not just for Baby Yoda (although he (if it's a he) does play a role)...it's recaptured a lot of the wonder and mythology for her that she was missing from the other stuff. The IG Robot, the Sandpeople using sign language to communicate, offworld Jawas, etc. She watches it with the same wide-eyed wonder she probably had years ago watching Empire or Jedi.

So do I for that matter, but like I said, they already HAVE me... :D