Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

who is your match

2»

Answers

• Options
    It would be a bit of each
    Jamie's love of Byrne
    Pants love of dc
    Murds love of history
    Shane's love of euro comics
    But that's just me!
    Shane loves euro comics?
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    European comics.
    Do I have the wrong person ?
    Someone likes them!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    European comics.
    Do I have the wrong person ?
    Someone likes them!
    Deemer says so
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Still new to the podcast.
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Still new to the podcast.
    I like me too
    But no one knows who I am
    Lol
  • Options
    Sorry Mike.
    I love you to man!
    Got the names mixed up.
    Loving the podcast too!
  • Options
    Sorry Mike.
    I love you to man!
    Got the names mixed up.
    Loving the podcast too!
    I love you too!
    Now that we have that out of the way, what are you getting me for Christmas?
    Everyone who listens always gets me something for Christmas.
    In the past the listeners have mainly got things to help complete my Ferari collection.
    (lol)

• Options
    I match Brian Deemer most and am grateful to him (and all CGS contributors) for having brought me back to comics.

I also am grateful to Adam for his thoughtful comments throughout and especially the Christmas Carol episode which my wife and I enjoyed listening to on a christmas day walk in manhattan.

The book of the month club selections (particularly, Blacksad, The world War I book, and Batman Arkham Asylum) were just the inducement I needed to get back into comics - Please bring the book of the month back - it was an excellent part of the show and was what hooked me into listening. I am now a monthly subscriber to all of the new 52 through DCBS thanks to you all.
  • Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    I'm still paying off MIke's Christmas gifts for the last three years, so I'm glad you're here to help lighten the load, Elf!
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    I'd say Jamie D, but there's that whole DMZ controversy...
  • Options
    tommysheroestommysheroes Posts: 174
    I forgot about the DMZ controversy. Man Jamie was so wrong.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    I forgot about the DMZ controversy. Man Jamie was so wrong.
    Its the only thing I've been 100% counter to with the man...
  • Options
    I'm still paying off MIke's Christmas gifts for the last three years, so I'm glad you're here to help lighten the load, Elf!
    Ahhhh, now I feel bad about crashing into that tree withit.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'll have to sell my kid!!!:(
    Not my comics!!;)
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    The gift I got him was much easier to pay off. I just gave her some crack and she was satisfied.
  • Options
    The gift I got him was much easier to pay off. I just gave her some crack and she was satisfied.
    HaHa!
    Godamn that's funny!
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited June 2012
    I'll list the four geeks, whom I consider myself to be the most simpatico with, and the geek whom I'm probably least so.

When it comes to the best match, Jaime D. and Mike are kind of neck and neck.
    The Shiznit Pimp has a slight edge for being the Strangers in Paradise Fan of the two (full disclosure, I'm an admin. on the SiP fans forum - so I freely admit there's a bit of a bias there). I do appreciate the numerous times Mike has gone out of his way to promote indie titles, and though I've never read Love & Rockets beyond one false start (started to read Maggie the Mechanic, got sidetracked, and never got back on track). L&R is a series I would very much like to read, and have fully committed my self to do so. By, "fully committed" I mean I've purchased most of the recent L&R trades, and at some point plan on plowing through them. Right now, Girl Genius is the title I'm currently fixated on, after I'm caught up on that one, I'd like to read The Walking Dead, so it might be a while before I get to Love and Rockets. I'm someone who tends to amass a large run then plow through it all at once, which admittedly is a bit odd for someone who is by all accounts more of a week-to-week comic buyer, as opposed to a wait-for-the-trade collector. Though, as evident by this photo of my nightstand's bookshelf, I have been known to buy both formats.

Murd is another whom I identify with, but for an entirely different set of reasons. Murd has always struck me as a kindred spirit of sorts. We both have a huge backlog of decades worth of unread comics, and I share in his enthusiasm for print media over the digital format. I'm not opposed to digital, but given the choice I'll take the tangible copy that I can touch, smell, and even taste (if I were so inclined). His Christmas anecdotes during the holiday season give me the impression he's the kind of guy I'd easily befriend.

Brian (aka Pants) is someone whom I don't usually identify with comic-wise, for his tastes tend to be much more DC-centric than mine. That said, he was partially responsible for me picking up Batman, and I've certainly been enjoying that series. Pants exudes a certain giddiness when he talks about comics. One can't help but get excited about comics when Pants goes into fanboy mode.

The geek I least identify with is Bryan. Deemer is much more extroverted than I am. I've always been a bit of an introvert, and I think the two personalities exert some influence on what stories we gravitate towards. While I don't always identify with his taste in comics, I'm always interested as to why he likes or dislikes a particular series. While Bryan didn't top my list, he does have the distinction of being the only one of the geeks whom I've had the pleasure of meeting in person.

The rest of the geeks fall somewhere in between, and I can identify with all of them on some level.
  • Options
    No one likes Deemer. He smells like wet feet and is a wife-stealer.

I am blown away by your commitment. Guilt from this makes me feel like I should read sip now. Lol.
    Maggie's story starts out completely different than it ends up. He changes gears and kills most of the scifi.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited June 2012
    . . . .Maggie's story starts out completely different than it ends up. He changes gears and kills most of the scifi.
    SiP also undergoes a bit of a transformation. While the original three-issue mini-series introduces the characters, it's the ongoing series that defines them. In addition to the story's evolution, there's a very noticeable change in Terry's artwork between that first three-issue mini-series and SiP's final issue. I'll be honest, if Terry's art style toward the end was indicative of the way he illustrated from the onset, I probably would never have bought that first issue. Initially, Terry's drawing style was very caricature laden. As the story progressed, his line-work became much more open and angular, and the character's expressions less cartoonish. He's stated publicly that the reason for the change in his art style was that he started drawing with the mindset that the book might be colorized someday. Personally, I was much more partial to his earlier art style, but his story was just so engrossing and good that any qualms I had with his artistic evolution were overshadowed by my eagerness to get my hands on the latest release.

I hope you give SiP another go. It's definitely a book that evolves, both artistically and story-wise. If SiP didn't resonate with you initially, there's a good chance it might if you were to probe a little further.

Okay, enough of this hijacking a thread with F2B's SiP gushing.
    Please resume your previously scheduled host bashing. . . . er. . . . that is to say love.

• Options
    Like Composite Superman / Forever Man I'll be Composite CGS / Forever CGS ... How is that for sitting on the fence?
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited June 2012
    I find it humorous how there is an "off topic" critique you can give posts. Where were these things on the last bunch of forums?

I have to say, hands down it's Peter. I'm a bit more reserve with my theatre skills, but put me in a situation I am surrounded by people I really know or by people I really could not careless less about and I'm sweating from the spotlight!

Although they aren't necessarily related to comics, I would like to think I am full of creative ideas. Pete is probably the guy on the show who is the most consistent with solid and interesting ideas for episodes. There's a reason he produced for some many years!

M.