Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Gallagher's Gallows

2»

Comments

• Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I just sent you one Mike. I think it's a fun idea personally so I'll be the first. So look out, or rather keep your nose out for some stinky comics :)
  • Options
    No,I'm not speaking for everyone,just tossing out some ideas why people may not have sent you any comics yet. I have no suggestions sadly.
  • Options
    No,I'm not speaking for everyone,just tossing out some ideas why people may not have sent you any comics yet. I have no suggestions sadly.
    I just sent one in, I'm thinking you'll start getting more in the summertime. Hoenstly most people don't keep the worst comics they own, but you can bet when I hit the summer cons I'll be looking for the worst crap I can find to make Mike suffer through. I have a few comics listed that I'm hoping to find on the cheap.

And Mike here is a question, if at some point I get maybe 10 books together, can I ship them all together? You wouldn't have to read all 10 in two weeks, maybe like one a week or something? It's the same price to send one book or ten, so just wondering. Looking forward to hearing about the first Gallagher's Gallows :)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Is anyone ever going to send one in?
    I don't think anyone wants to spend the money on shipping to send you free comics that you will more than likely be able to sit through. For me there was only one comic I could never read and it was the Batman comic that was more of a novel (it had like one two small planes pre page and the rest of the page was all words. I also think the art was digital). Can't recall who wrote it or the number but I want to say it was Morrison,I know it was in the 600s,I think early 600s. I maybe made it 2 pages in and said "I can't take the text." And I'm sure most comic readers have put down very few issues due to it being shit. How many do you think you've put down over the years due to it being crap?

Oh, I remember that one. It was the long-awaited Joker issue of Morrison's run.

I remember opening to the first page and going "what the hell?"
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    Y

I just sent one in, I'm thinking you'll start getting more in the summertime. Hoenstly most people don't keep the worst comics they own, but you can bet when I hit the summer cons I'll be looking for the worst crap I can find to make Mike suffer through. I have a few comics listed that I'm hoping to find on the cheap.

And Mike here is a question, if at some point I get maybe 10 books together, can I ship them all together? You wouldn't have to read all 10 in two weeks, maybe like one a week or something? It's the same price to send one book or ten, so just wondering. Looking forward to hearing about the first Gallagher's Gallows :)
    yeah that sounds fine. We will figure out some way of dealing with them.
  • Options
    Mike have you received my comic yet? I actually have number two waiting in the wings 8-X
  • Options
    I got two comics this week! Thank you so much.
    One will probably be a winner.

I don't know who sent them tho! Please let me know!
  • Options
    I'm assuming they are both from me. One was about a certain food item and one was about a music star :) The one about the music star I think might be a little longer than a standard issue, but it was so awesome I thought even if it didn't qualify it was still a good time. Also read the back insert about the writer, I think that is funny in itself.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I got two comics this week! Thank you so much.
    One will probably be a winner.

I don't know who sent them tho! Please let me know!
    Just curious what there was to dislike about this post.

I betting it is the Red hating like the Red hates.

• Options
    Haters gotta hate, boi
  • Options
    So what did you all think?
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    So what did you all think?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    It was a good first segment. Its always cool to hear about obscure, odd comics. I think the real fun will be hearing about a comic you actually couldn't finish.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I loved it,I need to get off my ass and send you some crappy comics.
  • Options
    I'm a few eps behind, what one is it on?
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    Two Words:

Bluewater Productions
    I got the mis-adventures of Adam west
    Garbage!!!
    then my comic shop kept putting them in my pull slot and I ended up with issues 1-4 I'm getting iratated just thinking about those comics.
    Bah! Garbage!!!

• Options
    It was on episode 1242 comic talk.
    You are going to love the next installment!!!
    I passed on the Adam west comic. Didnt even pick it up for a glance over. What is it exactly?
  • Options
    poisonelf1poisonelf1 Posts: 40
    He gets some mystical item that sends him into these crazy adventures.
    The first one was a batman like adventure.
    The second one was a cowboy adventure.
    THE LAST TWO ISSUES had to do with Alice in wonderland.
    He's got some ridiculous jesters outfit on and trying to stop the queen and.....
    Oh! I can't go on it hurts my head.:s
  • Options
    If I saw Superman on the street with a mullet, I would try to beat the crap out of him too. If we have golden, silver, bronze, and copper ages, does that mean there is a mullet age too? Dear god, I hope not.
  • Options
    Good I'm not far behind at all. Looking forward to hearing that segment.
  • Options
    Mullet age! Lol!

I'm going to send each entry a comic. Winners will also get a sketch card.
  • Options
    Now that's a cool think to do for the winners.
  • Options
    So the story about the Great Sandwich Detective is a little funny. The artist is from the Chicago region, and was doing free sketches on FCBD a few years ago. Whenever I get a sketch from someone I try to buy a print or their book, etc. So all he had was issue 4. I thought it sounded kind of fun, quirky, a little different. It (for me anyways) was a struggle to get through, and gave it away ASAP. Then a year or two later this segment pops up, and I had to see what Mike thought of it. So yes, I paid for it again just to make someone suffer lol. Ironically enough I am trying to get all the recent Spiderman issues, and I need that one, so Mike you totally made my day!
  • Options
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    So here is entry number one.