Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1279 Talkback: Comic Talk

13»

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited September 2012
    So.... Super Hero Weekend, huh? Sounds like an excellent cause. I sure wish people would talk about it more rather than complain about content provided free of charge by people working their asses off in what precious little spare time they have. Don't like? Don't listen. Especially if you're just listening so you can come on the forums and complain about how you don't like it anymore. Go. Seriously. Just go. We have a nice little community here, and I'm getting sick and tired of the "waaaaaaaaah, but it's not the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame anymore" rants every few weeks.

Just. Go.

Now then. :-B

Super Hero Weekend. Love the idea of it, I hope it's a resounding success. Don't know if I'll be able to afford any of the art myself, but I'll be sure to check the link just in case. It's comics, it's a good cause... best of all possible worlds right there, my friends.
  • Options
    Pants!
    It's seventeen-fifty or seventeen pounds fifty or seventeen pounds and fifty pence. It's never seventeen and a half pounds. Gah!
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    I saw the movie yesterday and LOVED it, well done, well filmed and well acted, this one had the feel of the comics, unflinching in the violence and I loved the fact our hero didnt complete some journey, he is the same person at the beginning of the film as the end. Well done movie and well worth your time. And I will always give a dig at 2000AD but I do understand its importance in the over all world of comics and do appreciate it. The dig is for my buddy Flint and as he gives me digs from time to time I would be remiss if I didnt dig at him from time to time.
  • Options
    Jamie D!

I love you, ya great big lug!
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    That's why he is the Shiznit Pimp.
    May his pimp hand always be strong
  • Options
    @Matt. Applause applause applause!

@whomeversaysimlosingmygeekcred im unemployed. Dredd was one of the 5 movies I was dying to see this year. If you want to send me the money I will be more than happy to see it. It is killing me that I can't.

(and I moved further away from the studio too for those that don't know where Pottstown is)
    ;)
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Bleeding Cool has just posted an article about Super Hero Weekend - bleedingcool.com/2012/09/27/retailer-artists-help-victims-of-domestic-violence/
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

@Matt. Applause applause applause!

@whomeversaysimlosingmygeekcred im unemployed. Dredd was one of the 5 movies I was dying to see this year. If you want to send me the money I will be more than happy to see it. It is killing me that I can't.

(and I moved further away from the studio too for those that don't know where Pottstown is)
    ;)

If I had the extra cash right now I would send it to you Mike so you can see Dredd. I saw it Wednesday in 3d. It is amazing and one of the best action films I have seen in close to a decade.

• Options
    I'm seeing it today! A friend pitied me. Thank you pity! Thank you friend!
  • Options
    I would love to know the secret person that disliked random73.
    I wish they would turn that shits back on, yo.
  • Options

It was interesting to see who was liking,disliking,etc the various posts. Even if it only lasted for a day.

• Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I checked out the auction's site, and there are a lot of different styles in the auction. My friend is a huge Stuart Sayger fan, so I made sure to send him the link. Trying to decide on which piece i want to bid on!
  • Options

Yep. Agree. I bet it's always the same shitheads trying to get a rise out of people too.

• Options

Yep. Agree. I bet it's always the same shitheads trying to get a rise out of people too.

Maybe I have been reading too much of the old Animal Man series recently,or it might be an after effect of the pain pill I had to take earlier for a pulled muscle in my lower back. But I think it's The Red being a shithead.

• Options
    I haven't seen Dredd but plan to, I can't get past Superman's missing trunks, and that is one heck of a Batwoman illo!
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    My birthday is this Saturday. I think I'm gonna make Pennie (the lovely GF) take me to see Looper and to get some chicken wings from my favorite local bar/grill.
  • Options

mguy1977 said:

Like Amber, I want to save my money for a real superhero movie that I am really interested in ie Superman Man of Steel.

Amber actually said that. Wow. What a numbnut.
    http://youtu.be/Zv9rZdjv4Mo
    Uhhhh, when did I say that? Like .. never.

I said I will consider my own budget when deciding what movies to pay to see as in either at the theatre or renting on. Most of them don't warrant it based on my personal and private financial situation. Thank you very much.

I had 2 gift cards this year. Saw Avengers and Batman.

Feel free to fill my account every weekend with $12 so I can go see a movie. I have no problem with that. Until then, how about you take your Fox-worthy misquoting and shove it.
  • Options

So.... Super Hero Weekend, huh? Sounds like an excellent cause. I sure wish people would talk about it more rather than complain about content provided free of charge by people working their asses off in what precious little spare time they have. Don't like? Don't listen. Especially if you're just listening so you can come on the forums and complain about how you don't like it anymore. Go. Seriously. Just go. We have a nice little community here, and I'm getting sick and tired of the "waaaaaaaaah, but it's not the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame anymore" rants every few weeks.

Just. Go.

Now then. :-B

Super Hero Weekend. Love the idea of it, I hope it's a resounding success. Don't know if I'll be able to afford any of the art myself, but I'll be sure to check the link just in case. It's comics, it's a good cause... best of all possible worlds right there, my friends.

Thank you! Yes, this was more than 50% of the show. I am grateful for the support from people like Pants, Shane & Jamie and all the artists that I know specifically because of this show. We've raised over $40,000 in 6 years.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

mguy1977 said:

Like Amber, I want to save my money for a real superhero movie that I am really interested in ie Superman Man of Steel.

Amber actually said that. Wow. What a numbnut.
    http://youtu.be/Zv9rZdjv4Mo
    Uhhhh, when did I say that? Like .. never.

I said I will consider my own budget when deciding what movies to pay to see as in either at the theatre or renting on. Most of them don't warrant it based on my personal and private financial situation. Thank you very much.

I had 2 gift cards this year. Saw Avengers and Batman.

Feel free to fill my account every weekend with $12 so I can go see a movie. I have no problem with that. Until then, how about you take your Fox-worthy misquoting and shove it.
    I like seeing Amber go all "Hellcat" here & flash her claws.

M

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Matt said:

I like seeing Amber go all "Hellcat" here & flash her claws.

M

Not only do I agree, but now I'm thinking she should add Hellcat to her costume repertoire. She could repurpose a lot of the Firestar costume (the red wig and yellow bodysuit), and just add a cowl, sash, clawed gloves, and boots. And you don't see a lot of people cosplaying her, either, which is a damn shame because she's an awesome character. Think about it, @ElizabethAmber!

• Options

Just. Go.

this... 1000x this...

Well said, @LibraryBoy.

Take out the earbuds and just go. Or better yet, start your own podcast and see how well you do?!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    FINALLY got to see Dredd. It's upsetting to know the closest theatre still playing it was an old one on a college campus.

Great movie. It's a nice balance to the 2 other comic movies I saw this year. Hope there's a sequel.

M
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Aw, who cares what Flint said. He didn't issue your Geek Cred cards. I have seen episodes of Dr. Who (not interested) and saw the first Dredd film (so-so) and I doubt if this new Dredd film will make it onto the screens in Japan. Besides there are geeks the world over, probably more than half of them don't know who Judge Dredd is. That doesn't make them any less geeky.
    ANYWAY, that Wonder Woman Day event Amber talked about sounds great. Wow, so many great events happening in the U.S. associated with comics these days!