Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

Why is it whenever my home state makes the news lately I just hang my head and walk away muttering to myself?

You know I feel your pain ... and am stuck doing the same thing.

chris
    Indeed.

But as much as I make fun of this and think the public shaming of her customers is ridiculous and truly Puritanical... I still checked the first list of names to see if I recognized any of them, hoping to find someone "Maine famous" in there. Pat Callahan or Jolly John or something. :D
  • Options

I meant lanterncast. I apologize to the members of lanterncast, their families, their pets, and to all humanity for the mistake.

What a freaking douche! Can't even get the name of the podcast you made a guest appearance on correct? Good lord man! lol

No worries bro. But I WILL say that you only co-hosted with me. Not my other cohorts. So for all you know, they're jerkwads and I'm the charisma and awesomeness that makes up the Lanterncast. hahaha

And, if you need a gentle reminder of something we discussed during the recording of that episode...

Chad: "We need to get shirts made. One for me 'I'm the Mike Gallagher of the Lanterncast' and one for you 'I'm the Chad Bokelman of CGS'."
    MIke: *Hysterical laughter*

• Options
    In middle school art class, about 1990, i made for my mom an ashtray. That sure seems crazy to me now.
  • Options

I meant lanterncast. I apologize to the members of lanterncast, their families, their pets, and to all humanity for the mistake.

What a freaking douche! Can't even get the name of the podcast you made a guest appearance on correct? Good lord man! lol

No worries bro. But I WILL say that you only co-hosted with me. Not my other cohorts. So for all you know, they're jerkwads and I'm the charisma and awesomeness that makes up the Lanterncast. hahaha

And, if you need a gentle reminder of something we discussed during the recording of that episode...

Chad: "We need to get shirts made. One for me 'I'm the Mike Gallagher of the Lanterncast' and one for you 'I'm the Chad Bokelman of CGS'."

I know most of your cohorts I believe.
    Ill name my cast Greencast and fix everything. Lol!

We can't do the t shirt now :(
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited October 2012

I know most of your cohorts I believe.
    Ill name my cast Greencast and fix everything. Lol!

We can't do the t shirt now

Don't worry about it, just because you're not on the show anymore doesn't invalidate the reason I had you on in the first place. You're a lover of comic history. Pure and simple. I told you that when I invited you on. And we'll remind everyone else of that fact soon enough when the episode goes up.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Actually, Kevin hasn't left in that manner. There's rumblings he'll be making some more appearances in the future.

Oh, is that what happened in Maine yesterday?
    Why is it whenever my home state makes the news lately I just hang my head and walk away muttering to myself?
    Dude. I live in South Carolina. Ain't nothing to be proud of here.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I'm from Pennsylvania.

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS ABOUT NEWS FROM MY STATE, BITCHES!!!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

Actually, Kevin hasn't left in that manner. There's rumblings he'll be making some more appearances in the future.

Hmmm which is worse Mississippi or South Carolina. I will say I didn't mind the 4 months I lived in SC. But I was stationed at Fort Jackson. All I really remember about the town there was there was an all female college near by.

• Options
    KyleMoyer said:

I'm from Pennsylvania.

The only thing that matters about your state in the Monroeville Mall. That's right. I love George Romero. Nothing. Else. Matters.

• Options
    Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    KyleMoyer said:

I'm from Pennsylvania.

Testify!! WOOOO!!! *sways*
  • Options
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

My best friend lives in SC, so there's at least one good thing...
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169

chris
    Indeed.

But as much as I make fun of this and think the public shaming of her customers is ridiculous and truly Puritanical... I still checked the first list of names to see if I recognized any of them, hoping to find someone "Maine famous" in there. Pat Callahan or Jolly John or something. :D
    I assumed he was referring to the earthquake...
  • Options
    Paul said:

chris
    Indeed.

I was. I have no idea what this other incident is.
  • Options

WetRats said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

My best friend lives in SC, so there's at least one good thing...
    Poor bugger.
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    WetRats said:

Paul said:

chris
    Indeed.

All I know is that when Jan was taking Zumba classes while she was on maternity leave, I think the Guelph Y had a whole different definition of it than they do in Kennebunk! ;)
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited October 2012
    As I live in Canada, I have absolutely no clue what 80% of the posts on the last 4 pages are talking about!?! Mike's out... got it. The rest might as well be written in latin.
  • Options
    steve_bryantsteve_bryant Posts: 96
    edited October 2012
    Matt said:

JDick said:

I am under the impression that any money that comes to CGS goes right back into the show. If a few of the guys make a few bucks fine by me.
    Are you guys trying to tell me that there are HR files kept on the geeks? I highly doubt it.
    CGS is a business in a sense. They have advertisers, partner with other entities (i.e. Super London Show or whatever its called), but let's not pretend that CGS is something its not (a multinational corporate enterprise making billions of dollars).

Sponsors keep the lights on & studio rented. No paychecks. There's no HR, Accounting, Loss Prevention, Janitorial, etc departments. There's no applications, handbooks, or contracts, so no need for HR files.
    Don't believe Matt for a second! Just like Batman, Matt has files on—and contingency plans in place for—every member of the podcast. And most of the forum folks, too.

He'll take you down in a heartbeat and you won't know what hit you.

He is vengeance.

He is the night.

• Options
    Hex said:

As I live in Canada, I have absolutely no clue what 80% of the posts on the last 4 pages are talking about!?! Mike's out... got it. The rest might as well be written in latin.

Illigitimi non carborundum.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Hex said:

HA!
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

bastard.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    gopfriedstutz!!!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    WetRats said:

Paul said:

chris
    Indeed.

A Zumba instructor in Kennebunk, Maine, had a little prostitution and internet pr0n business on the side. She got caught and is now on trial, and because of Maine laws surrounding the soliciting/hiring of a prostitute, her entire client list is being released so that they, too, can be charged, and they just named the first batch of folks this week. It's a big deal because public shaming of this variety is straight out of The Scarlet Letter and you'd like to believe we're past that point, but at the same time, everyone wants to see if they recognize any names on the list. Lots of speculation about area politicians being on it, especially since Kennebunk is next to Kennebunkport, which is where the Bush family summer compound is located and wouldn't everyone just LOVE to see a Bush on there (I know I sure would).

Gawker has a bunch of stories on this, too, including links to some of the woman's videos, which I haven't watched because I think an (alleged) popsicle to the ladyparts is kinda gross (I enjoy both separately, but I really don't think that's a good application of the Reese's protocol), but if that's your thing, go for it, babies!

And yes, this is way off topic. Ooooh. X_X
  • Options

WetRats said:

Paul said:

chris
    Indeed.

A Zumba instructor in Kennebunk, Maine, had a little prostitution and internet pr0n business on the side. She got caught and is now on trial, and because of Maine laws surrounding the soliciting/hiring of a prostitute, her entire client list is being released so that they, too, can be charged, and they just named the first batch of folks this week. It's a big deal because public shaming of this variety is straight out of The Scarlet Letter and you'd like to believe we're past that point, but at the same time, everyone wants to see if they recognize any names on the list. Lots of speculation about area politicians being on it, especially since Kennebunk is next to Kennebunkport, which is where the Bush family summer compound is located and wouldn't everyone just LOVE to see a Bush on there (I know I sure would).

Gawker has a bunch of stories on this, too, including links to some of the woman's videos, which I haven't watched because I think an (alleged) popsicle to the ladyparts is kinda gross (I enjoy both separately, but I really don't think that's a good application of the Reese's protocol), but if that's your thing, go for it, babies!

And yes, this is way off topic. Ooooh. X_X
    Oh. That.

I had to Google Zumba. I thought it was Microsoft's Pseudopod. Couldn't figure out why it would require an instructor. [Insert Apple-Cultist Microsoft slam here]
  • Options
    So maybe I should do a podcast on HR?
    Or inappropriate uses of frozen confections?
  • Options
    What about inappropriate uses of frozen HR confections?
  • Options
    Zumba informercials are perfect to watch when I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Watch that with the sound off while listening to a podcast? It's almost as good as those 80's morning workout shows...

...perhaps I have shared too much.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Zumba informercials are perfect to watch when I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Watch that with the sound off while listening to a podcast? It's almost as good as those 80's morning workout shows...

I was just watching "Friday the 13th:the final chapter" earlier today. And there is a scene in a hospital's morgue where the morgue attendant is watching one of those 80's workout shows. I had forgotten how sexualized those shows were.
  • Options

I'm suddenly reminded of the SNL Shake Weight parody...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/143264

• Options
    edited October 2012