Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Fifteen bucks, little man, put that sh--

Ah, never mind.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Matt said:

Wow, it's like a high school reunion!

It sure is, complete with all the high school drama!
  • Options

WetRats said:

Titans Together

Hey everyone! :-*

I don't want to go in to details but when Mike messaged me on facebook and started to trash talk Peter I absolutely lost any and all respect I had for him.
    Holy crap, @TitansTogether??? Okay, now I KNOW I stepped into a Delorean by mistake.
  • Options

I'm just waiting for the ghost of Rodney King to rise and say:

"Can't we all just get along????"

In all seriousness, my feelings on this are similar to @Wetrats, @Marty_Devine, @ctowner1 & my homie @Jon_Carroll. It's sad to see so much of this aired publicly (whether it be one person Facebook ranting or various posts on a forum thread).

Although, it's crazy that it takes a situation like this to bring the 1st and 2nd gen forum users out of retirement. Where's my Stan Leroy shirt? LOL.

It's seems that the 1st and 2nd gen forum philosophic way (pre-social media) and how we conduct ourselves differ from the 3rd and 4th generation forum philosophic way (social media induced). Not pointing fingers, it's just a social thing; a social trend. Will it change? I don't know.

As someone that has worked in various media and information technology fields, when one is let go (for whatever reasons), it's over. No amount of ranting, name-calling, fussing, whether it be one-sided or not changes anything.

In the grand scheme of things, there are bigger problems in the world and universe than this. Let it go, and move on.

Go hug your wife, husband or significant other. tell them you love em'.

Go Celebrate 24 Hour Comic Book Day.

Go enjoy Indian Summer.

Go call an old friend and talk to them. Catch up with the real world.

Go read some comic books.

Go do something that brings love to your soul, not hate and fervor.

Go.

CGS was here before most of us (if not all of us) and they'll be here after folks leave the show or are asked to leave the show.

The one constant in life is change. Remember that.

And that's all I'm going to say. Peace.

-Shawn

Barack O'Comics hast spoken. Now tell 'em why you mad, son!
  • Options
    I'm ready to discuss something less contentious....

like politics.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Tonebone said:

like politics.

or maybe religion
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2012
    JamieD said:

Tonebone said:

like politics.

or maybe religion

Or DMZ and Banana Fish.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Or Marvel and DC!

Excelsior! That means DC's for douchebags!

I keed I keed

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Or Grant Morrison.

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    or your mom

=;
  • Options

or your mom

=;

She was a SAINT!
  • Options
    danGPdanGP Posts: 65

or your mom

=;

She was a SAINT!
    Is that why she's trapped in hell?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    danGP said:

or your mom

=;

She was a SAINT!
    Is that why she's trapped in hell?

Shut up! You're not my dad!
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    It's all good.

kfreeman said:

I don't get the joke, sorry. I'm old. :)

kfreeman said:

I rest my case.

kfreeman said:

Speculation, idle gossip, and the like, you know. This board uses to be above this kind of stuff a few years ago, and it arguably still is the best comics-related board out there. But it has still devolved to a considerable degree.

I'm your mamma, I'm your daddy I'm that noogie in the alley...

You know me, I'm your friend Your main boy, thick and thin. I'm your Pusher Man...

You don't get the joke/reference, @kfreeman?

Adding a bit of levity is an indication of devolution?

(The former, I can understand. The latter... we'll see)

Song's old too, @kfreeman.

You misspelled "used" as "uses", so I took the opportunity to post some lyrics from Curtis Mayfield's "Pusher Man".

http://www.metrolyrics.com/pusherman-lyrics-curtis-mayfield.html

It was all in good fun. I was a bit surprised at your reaction. Guess it was just the joke going over your head. (Unless you were joking as well)

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    dubbat138 said:

Zumba informercials are perfect to watch when I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Watch that with the sound off while listening to a podcast? It's almost as good as those 80's morning workout shows...

...perhaps I have shared too much.

I was just watching "Friday the 13th:the final chapter" earlier today. And there is a scene in a hospital's morgue where the morgue attendant is watching one of those 80's workout shows. I had forgotten how sexualized those shows were.
    Were? Have you watched a modern workout program lately. They are plemty sexual if you watch them. My wife and I tagged Shaun T as gay years ago because of his various interactions with his crew....
  • Options

or your mom

=;

She was a SAINT!
    Your mom is Dorothy Mantooth?
  • Options

or your mom

=;

She was a SAINT!
    Your mom is Dorothy Mantooth?
    Nah. Sean Payton.
  • Options
    MelvillesFistMelvillesFist Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Planeis said:

dubbat138 said:

Zumba informercials are perfect to watch when I'm on the treadmill at the gym. Watch that with the sound off while listening to a podcast? It's almost as good as those 80's morning workout shows...

I was just watching "Friday the 13th:the final chapter" earlier today. And there is a scene in a hospital's morgue where the morgue attendant is watching one of those 80's workout shows. I had forgotten how sexualized those shows were.
    Were? Have you watched a modern workout program lately. They are plemty sexual if you watch them. My wife and I tagged Shaun T as gay years ago because of his various interactions with his crew....
    Hell, they've started pole dancing exercise videos. Nothing like helping the female youth of America perfect her pole dancing before her career in stripping starts!

M

• Options
    edited March 2016

WetRats said:

So at this point we just need to hear from Just Bill and Seraphyn and Old Home's Week is concluded, right? =;

MelvillesFist

I know I'm forgetting a ton of others. Doesn't mean I don't miss y'all.
    Okay, I'll bite.

It seems to me that a lot of folks on here are perhaps forgetting a key component to this situation.

That is to say, in the lead-up to being removed from the show and CGS network someone has meddled with the prime forces of nature. CGS won't have it. Is that clear? It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are new listeners who thinks in terms of variants and holofoil wrap-arounds. There are no comics. There are no fans. There is no DC. There is no Marvel. There are no small press. There is no mainstream. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of podcasting. Bede-podcasting, Time Bubble-podcasting, Tower-podcasting, World of Toys-podcasting, Jamie's Essentials-podcasting. It is the international system of podcasting which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today!

Also, its good to see everyone on here again.

...Who was that masked man?
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    edited March 2016

WetRats said:

So at this point we just need to hear from Just Bill and Seraphyn and Old Home's Week is concluded, right? =;

MelvillesFist

I know I'm forgetting a ton of others. Doesn't mean I don't miss y'all.
    Okay, I'll bite.

It seems to me that a lot of folks on here are perhaps forgetting a key component to this situation.

That is to say, in the lead-up to being removed from the show and CGS network someone has meddled with the prime forces of nature. CGS won't have it. Is that clear? It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are new listeners who thinks in terms of variants and holofoil wrap-arounds. There are no comics. There are no fans.

Also, its good to see everyone on here again.
    But isn't it sad that this is what it took to get @HughJarse @MartyDevine @MelvillesFist and other old timers to post? I remember waay back when I felt like a noob and started posting around ep 300. Welcome back guys!

I haven't weighed in on this thread yet but I will say that nobody is irreplaceable. least of all Mike, who was the last one in anyway. this is just another step in the life of the show.

The most Interesting thing to me is that there's an angel investor revealed in all of this. Don't know why that's a secret but I'm not surprised that it is.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

or your mom

=;

All your moms!
  • Options
    Trev said:

But isn't it sad that this is what it took to get @HughJarse @MartyDevine @MelvillesFist and other old timers to post? I remember waay back when I felt like a noob and started posting around ep 300. Welcome back guys!

If I'd known that Jarse guy was going to pop in here before me, I may just have stayed away.
    Just sayin'.
    Nothing personal, fella.

• Options
    TitansTogetherTitansTogether Posts: 7
    edited October 2012

WetRats said:

Titans Together

Hey everyone! :-*

I don't want to go in to details but when Mike messaged me on facebook and started to trash talk Peter I absolutely lost any and all respect I had for him.
    Holy crap, @TitansTogether??? Okay, now I KNOW I stepped into a Delorean by mistake.

(: Awww I feel all tingly. (:
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Peter said:

If anyone thinks those two things are "hate" - the art of wordplay is lost on ya. You should've kept quoting my post: The "I helped build CGS, bitches! You better believe I'm going to jump in when someone is degrading its value, even if I'm no longer on the show. Because unlike some, I know and understand and respect its history" part specifically.

And now for the part that makes me understand what magicians must go thru: way back when I departed and the boys were kind enough to say a few good words on the show, Mike's exact words were the title of Monday's ep. I decided to use it to return the favor. That's not hate. That's brilliance. :)

I had to listen to Tuesday's ep to even remember what I said. lol. And if you think that was just about Mike, you haven't been paying enough attention to my rants on comics critics and a handful of podcasters out there who try too hard. Rants that have been on TDR and on CGS. That stance has never been a secret. Episode 700 people.

It's never fun when you have to explain the joke. Sheesh.

Planeis said:

dubbat138 said:

Nah I am not a workout program type of person. I do my nightly 4 mile walk and that is about it for exercise.

• Options
    Toby said:

Could someone PM this jpeg? I'm in the first row on the bottom and want some type of button for being an old timer.
    ;-)
    I think a silhouetted version with names attached would be cool.

If you don't care to strain your eyesight....

Post photo wrap....

• Options
    TobyToby Posts: 91
    SJ,
    Thanks for the repost! I'm the shaved head with the light bluejeans three over from Deemer's right on the bottom. That was so much fun!

Toby
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    edited October 2012

Doing this from memory so please forgive mistakes and omissions:

Standing: Ken Haeser, Todd Wanish, Andrew Charipar, guy in glasses that I think once worked at Golden Eagle, Brad Miylo with his hand up, Lin Workman in the red and black shirt, Buz Hasson, Frank Rincon in the Skipper hat, Marty in the Cpt. A hat, Vince B looking all skulky next to him and standing next to a Heat sign - how appropriate, in front of Vince is Ed Chambers, between Ed and Frank - standing in the blue shirt and the guy kneeling in front of him in the lighter blue shirt - are the Scroggins brothers, guy standing in front of the Heat sign I can't remember, Rob Taylor next to him, Jeff in the light blue shirt, father and son John and James Hardin with Lance Kizer above and in the middle of them with the beard. Out of the rest that are standing, this is where I get in trouble for starting this because I should remember their names and I'm blanking! The guy in the Eagles jersey even drove me to a Wild Pig show once. Ugh! I suck! I know a few more though: the guy standing in front of the guy in the Eagles Jersey is Joe Sergi. And slightly next to him in the Spider-Man shirt is Chris Gallo. I believe the guy between them both is Flagwaver. Two up from Chris Gallo in the white tee is Rich Ginter.

Out of the kneeling crew, in the black shirt behind Toby is James Harris.

The seated on the curb crew: Kevin Volo, Morry Hollowell, Rob Jackson, Toby, Jennifer and Mario, Bryan with Clara, my ugly mug and Kyle behind me.

Whew - that's too much brain activity on a Sunday morning. I'll do the other ones later. Any help on this one would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

I'm just waiting for the ghost of Rodney King to rise and say:

"Can't we all just get along????"

In all seriousness, my feelings on this are similar to @Wetrats, @Marty_Devine, @ctowner1 & my homie @Jon_Carroll. It's sad to see so much of this aired publicly (whether it be one person Facebook ranting or various posts on a forum thread).

Although, it's crazy that it takes a situation like this to bring the 1st and 2nd gen forum users out of retirement. Where's my Stan Leroy shirt? LOL.

It's seems that the 1st and 2nd gen forum philosophic way (pre-social media) and how we conduct ourselves differ from the 3rd and 4th generation forum philosophic way (social media induced). Not pointing fingers, it's just a social thing; a social trend. Will it change? I don't know.

As someone that has worked in various media and information technology fields, when one is let go (for whatever reasons), it's over. No amount of ranting, name-calling, fussing, whether it be one-sided or not changes anything.

In the grand scheme of things, there are bigger problems in the world and universe than this. Let it go, and move on.

Go hug your wife, husband or significant other. tell them you love em'.

Go Celebrate 24 Hour Comic Book Day.

Go enjoy Indian Summer.

Go call an old friend and talk to them. Catch up with the real world.

Go read some comic books.

Go do something that brings love to your soul, not hate and fervor.

Go.

CGS was here before most of us (if not all of us) and they'll be here after folks leave the show or are asked to leave the show.

The one constant in life is change. Remember that.

And that's all I'm going to say. Peace.

-Shawn

This is why Shawn Pryor is the POTUSOC (President of the the United States of Comics), everybody. Hail to the chief. =D>