Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

April edition of Previews - what caught your eye?

for me, outside of my normal pull list, these are the new comics and GN I'm picking up from DCBS

Akira GN vol 1 (going to order 1 a month)
Locke and Key vol 4 & 5
Arsenic Lullaby Devils Decade
The Massive! (so stoked for this)
Bulletproof Coffin vol 1 TP
Bad Medicine #1 & #2 from Oni
Orc Stain Vol 1 TP
Mondo TP
Fatima: The Blood Spinners (love the art on this)
Right State HC
Planetoid #1 (got this on graphic.ly, awesome sci fi)
American Vampire Lord of Nightmares! (the main series is one of the best ongoing series right now imo)

and I want to see what the price will be for The Invisibles Omnibus HC, my birthday is coming up soon so might save it for then :D

Comments

• Options
    Mondo looks pretty cool
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Beyond the usual stuff I get, here's what jumped out at me:

ALTER EGO 110 - Captain Marvel-focused issue. Yes, definitely.
    MARS ATTACKS 1 - Could be fun.
    STAR TREK LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES HC - Should probably wait for the TPB, but if someone has a good enough discount, I'll go for the hardcover.
    SUPERMAN ACTION COMICS HC VOL 01 SUPERMAN MEN OF STEEL - Same here.
    WONDER WOMAN THE TWELVE LABORS TP - An era of Wonder Woman I know little about.
  • Options
    Here is a selection of things I think are interesting. Not my entire list, plus I have to get the chainsaw out and hack down the list.

Mainly surprised that there are no more Court of Owls crossovers with DC. Surprised me. Nice to see they aren't going to drag it through every other Bat-book with mediocre stories that will only serve to devalue the main story.

And I think it goes without saying that Watchmen will be on most people's lists. Bring on Silk Spectre.

--==MARVEL==--
    Battle Scars TP (p96) - Any advice on this one would be helpful. They sort-of made a big deal about it and I never really saw any impact in any other book about it.. at least, not matching to the hype on this story.

--==VERTIGO==--
    Right State HC (p136) - Sounds interesting but not sure. Any advice

--==IDW==--
    Kiss #1 (p153) - I've been looking for another Kiss book to replicate the awesome stories of Kiss: Psycho Circus but no luck yet. Hopefully this might capture that spirit but if it's like the Dark Horse series then I'll jump early.

--==IMAGE==--
    Creator Owned Heroes #1 (p186) - 'Triggergirl 6' probably could be in my ally.
    --==HUMANOIDS==--
    Technopriests Vol 1 (p298)
    Technopriests Vol 2 (p298)
    Technopriests Vol 3 (p298)

--==TITAN=BOOKS==--
    Alien: The Illustrated Story (p318) - Archie Goodwin & Walt Simonson. Regular version and artists edition

--==BOOKS==--
    International Rescue Thunderbirds: Owner's Workshop Manual HC (p351) - Got the Millenium Falcon one and liked it. Might give International Rescue a go.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Outside of the usual (Supergirl, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, World's Finest, Resurrection Man, Red Hood, all the Martian stuff from Dynamite) here's the other stuff that's on the current order:

Afterschool Charisma Vol. 5 - Great manga about a school for clones - famous clones. But what happens when a clone doesn't necessarily want to follow in their predecessor's footsteps. The ending to volume 4 was particularly horrifying (they cloned Hitler, who turned out to be a very nice person with none of the original's faults...didn't stop a Jewish organization from purchasing him...you can imagine the rest)

Alpha Flight complete series (the Pak version) - No brainer, I'm just happy Marvel chose to put the entire run together. Thanks guys!

Trades I collect: Locke & Key Vol. 5, Walking Dead vol. 16, Red Sonja Omnibus Vol. 3, Morning Glories Vol. 3, Fables Vol. 17, Demon Knights Vol. 1

Cool new stuff:
    Danger-A-Go-Go (Moonstone) - Look if you put Honey West and Sheena in a book together it's a case of shut up and take my money, already! :)

Night of 1000 Wolves - It's my buddy Dave Wachter on art chores! I'm honor bound to pick it up!

DCBS is also bundling the first four #1s of the Before Watchmen series. Hopefully Alan Moore will forgive me but I picked 'em up!

Idolized and Pantha were both heavily discounted as well, so I'm giving them a day in court.

Finally, picked up the book of Our Valued Customers. Folks, this webcomic/blog makes me laugh darn near every time I go there. It's a guy who works in a comic store recording what actual people say when they go in to buy stuff. OMG it's hilarious. I like to think I've never said anything that stupid, but I probably have. It's in the "Books" section of Previews.
  • Options
    Dave2099Dave2099 Posts: 61
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Drusilla (canelled, sadly)
    Dial H
    Earth Two
    Harbinger
    Marvel Zombies Destroy!
    Mind the Gap
    Secret
    Spider-Men
    Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who - Assimilation2
    The Massive
    Worlds' Finest
    X-O Manowar

I gotta say... I chopped a lot of DC from my Pulls, but there's no shortage of promising stuff out there. This list is in ADDITION to my subscriptions!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The Prophecy crossover/event thing from Dynamite has my attention, I may have to pick that up.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    @torchsong

"Dude don't get Hawkman. NOBODY likes Hawkman. Not even Superman and he likes EVERYBODY."
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    @torchsong
    "Dude don't get Hawkman. NOBODY likes Hawkman. Not even Superman and he likes EVERYBODY."
    He did a print run awhile back and I got the one where a guy's looking at a comic saying "BAT-Girl? What the hell is this? What's next? SUPERMAN-Girl or some shit? This is why comics are stupid!"

Proudly framed at the entrance to my studio. :)

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Outside my normal must buys just Locke & Key vol. 5 HC.

Short & sweet.

Matthew
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    @JohnTilton and @PeanutButterMustache I see both of you have Mondo listed. I had brought this book up when issue #1 hit and didn't get any replies. Do either of you know much about it? I read #1 but couldn't get a good read on exactly what it is trying to be or do. It has me intrigued but without knowing more I don't know what to think.
  • Options
    @zhurrie, I don't know much about Mondo other then what I heard on 11 o'clock comics. It sounded pretty cool and might want to check it out.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    @zhurrie this book was a trip, it's completely bonkers. I've read #1 and I loved it, main idea is there is a guy who always gets picked on, sorta bullied, by other guys at his job where he works as a shoveler that puts chickens in this machine that makes them super chickens so that they are larger and therefore creates more food. the problem is that one day he gets thrown in the machine and becomes this mutated hulk of a guy, don't want to give too much else away, but I loved it. if you like way out there stuff like for example maybe cowboy ninja viking, you might like this.
  • Options
    I do love crazy stuff, I just wasn't sure what I was reading and wasn't familiar with the team so I couldn't get a good read on if it was serious with a touch of humor or if it was just meant to be a bit crazy all around. If it was supposed to be semi-serious I wasn't feeling it, but as just an acid-trip/insane thing I definitely would check it out. The writing was why I couldn't figure it out, it seemed like it was really trying to be serious. I'll probably wait to hear some buzz about the trade and then decide. It has me interested though.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    hmm what is this "Iron: Or, the War After" HC
    its from Archaia...
    who is this Shane-Michael Vidaurri....

So its an Anthrpomorphic Queen + Country thats painted?

[-O< oh please be awesome oh please be awesome [-O<
  • Options
    @Miraclemet I've had it ordered since it was first announced. The art is almost my exact style and everything I love. It is some of the most beautiful, minimal, and lush watercolors and honestly if there weren't even words I'd buy it.