Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

DC Marvel Image IDW & Dark Horse April 2013 Solclitations

2»

Comments

• mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Hellboy Library Ed. vol. 6 HC hmm awesome!

Matthew
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible #1
    Star Wars #4
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Amala's Blade #1
    Star Wars #4
    Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ninth Assassin #1

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Francesco Francavilla is doing an issue of Hawkeye? Fantastic.

I love that Fury MAX from Ennis and Parlov is still going. At one point it seemed like it would be only a mini, and it will probably only go a few more issues after this, but I'll take it.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Re: The Image solicits.

I would think this solicit would be tongue-in-cheek, sort of a parody of the kind of boasting to be seen in solicits. . . except that it is from Mark Millar. And so-
    1. He means it.
    2. This might go 2 or 3 issues an never finish (see War Heroes):
    JUPITER'S LEGACY #1 – GEM OF THE MONTH
    story MARK MILLAR
    art / cover A FRANK QUITELY
    cover B BRYAN HITCH
    cover C DAVE JOHNSON
    cover D PHIL NOTO
    APRIL 24
    32 PAGES / FC / M
    $2.99
    The comic-book event of 2013 finally arrives as superstar creators MARK MILLER and FRANK QUIETLY give us the superhero epic that all future comics will be measured by. The world's greatest heroes have grown old and their legacy is a poisonous one to the children who will never live up to their remarkable parents. Unmissable.
    Now THIS is an Image solicit that succeeds in being fun, and owns the joke:
    SEX #2
    story JOE CASEY
    art / cover PIOTR KOWALSKI
    APRIL 10
    32 PAGES/FC/M
    $2.99
    SECOND ISSUE COLLECTOR'S ITEM!
    Simon Cooke's journey into the underbelly of Saturn City continues. Think about it... how repressed would YOU be after waging a war on crime for the entirety of your adult life? What happens when the superhero power fantasy finally ends? Find out by buying more SEX!
    Also- Andy Diggle and Jock are working together again? How did I miss this two months ago?

• GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2013
    Marvel
    X-Men #1
    Fearless Defenders #3
    Fantastic Four #6 & 7
    FF #6
    Indestructable Hulk #6
    Deadpool #7 & 8
    Captain Marvel #12
    Hawkeye #10

Mighty Skullskickers #1
    Witchblade: Day of the Outlaw
    Revival #9

IDW
    My Little Pony #6
    More Than Meets the Eye #16
    Robots in Disguise #16
    Transformers Spotlight: Trailblazer Trailcutter
    Transformers: The IDW Collection Vol 8 HC
  • Marvel's Essential this month is Defenders 7...wow, I remember these issues as just plain terrible. DeMatties left and Peter Gillis had NO feel at all for the characters, super-hero stories or the type of stories the Defenders did. At the rate they are chugging these out, the Defenders Essentials must sell a lot better than I thought.

I wish Marvel would put out a 3rd Horror Essential that would collect all of the short anthology tales they did in the late 60's/early 70's. There were a lot of great little stories hidden away in those books.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Wonder Woman
    World's Finest
    AME-COMI Girls
    Batman & Robin HC vol 2.
    Legion TPB 2.
    Absolute Superman/Batman
    JLA Chronicles vol 1
    Marvel Masterworks Fantastic 4 vol 9
    Marvel masterworks Thor vol 4
    Avengers: heart of stone

• Marvel's Essential this month is Defenders 7...wow, I remember these issues as just plain terrible. DeMatties left and Peter Gillis had NO feel at all for the characters, super-hero stories or the type of stories the Defenders did. At the rate they are chugging these out, the Defenders Essentials must sell a lot better than I thought.

I remember the decline during the DeMatteis period when the series seemed to turn into a horror-hero-guest-star-of-the-month period, and it was quite painful to read. I suspect the sales on the book were crashing by the time Gillis came on and they were forced to take the series into a different direction. I recall his run being better, but the real magic to the series was long gone, and there didn't seem to be much point in reading it anymore with Namor, Doc and Hulk written out of the book.
  • shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457

Marvel's Essential this month is Defenders 7...wow, I remember these issues as just plain terrible. DeMatties left and Peter Gillis had NO feel at all for the characters, super-hero stories or the type of stories the Defenders did. At the rate they are chugging these out, the Defenders Essentials must sell a lot better than I thought.

I remember the decline during the DeMatteis period when the series seemed to turn into a horror-hero-guest-star-of-the-month period, and it was quite painful to read. I suspect the sales on the book were crashing by the time Gillis came on and they were forced to take the series into a different direction. I recall his run being better, but the real magic to the series was long gone, and there didn't seem to be much point in reading it anymore with Namor, Doc and Hulk written out of the book.
    The Defenders were always a tough sell but the last few years were pretty awful. The art was just plain pedestrian for the most part, never very dynamic at all. The storylines were pretty much over complicated and unnecessarily wordy, the worst of the Bronze Age with none of the charm. The team seemed even more of a mismatch than expected, Iceman and Angel have often been poorly used by Marvel. This is an example of that. I would trade the last 3 Defenders Essentials for one Champions trade.
  • shroud68 said:

Marvel's Essential this month is Defenders 7...wow, I remember these issues as just plain terrible. DeMatties left and Peter Gillis had NO feel at all for the characters, super-hero stories or the type of stories the Defenders did. At the rate they are chugging these out, the Defenders Essentials must sell a lot better than I thought.

The Defenders were always a tough sell but the last few years were pretty awful. The art was just plain pedestrian for the most part, never very dynamic at all. The storylines were pretty much over complicated and unnecessarily wordy, the worst of the Bronze Age with none of the charm. The team seemed even more of a mismatch than expected, Iceman and Angel have often been poorly used by Marvel. This is an example of that. I would trade the last 3 Defenders Essentials for one Champions trade.
    I know they put all of the Champions stuff in a pair of trades years ago, but I have no idea if they are still in print or not.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    Avengers #9 - "New Universe"
    The return of the Star Brand!?!
    This is like a dream come true. Hickman handling a Star Brand storyline is going to be perfect.

and to top it off...
    Avengers #10 - Omega Flight!
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    No regular issue of Avengers Assemble that month, just an Age of Ultron issue? And it's not even written by Kelly Sue? Well, there's $4 saved.

Speaking of Age of Ultron, there's an Ultron #1 focusing on Victor Mancha from Runaways, and although there's an artist listed, the writer is labeled "TBD." That's... odd.

And I'm with @David_D on that Age of Jupiter solicitation... it might be a joke, but the fact that it's Mark Millar makes me think he's serious. In which case... oy.