Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1331 Talkback: Off the Racks - Threshold #1, X-Factor #250, Star Wars #1

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jamie, the shiznit pimp hand is STRONG.

I am pissed every time I walk into a comics shop and have to steer my daughter away from DC's clusterflunk of inappropriate material. In my opinion, they have been putting a big FU on the covers of all their comics for the past few years. Do they expect to have hip, mature, edgy, boundary-pushing comics that "kids" will start reading when they are in their late teens??? What are they smoking??? They are making themselves extinct.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I pretty much agree with what Jamie said in his rant. I'm just gonna buy what I usually buy from DC that month.
    X-Factor: a borrow from me. I don't really want to invest more time and money to find out what's gonna happen.
    Star Wars: a buy for me, but I didn't order additional issues. However, my interest was piqued, so I'll have to scout out #2 and #3 and perhaps order #4 this month. Before I read it, I hadn't watched the Star Wars movies in ages, so I had a difficult time placing it, but your discussion helped me a lot!
    Threshold: Pants! It just seems to be way out in the corner of some part of the DC universe that I don't care about. The Larfleeze story was a bit amusing, but not enough for me to continue buying it.
  • Options
    Jamie's rant was hysterical. WGAS. Hadn't heard that before but I liked it.
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    Cover gimmicks do nothing to make me buy more books, as I order off a spreadsheet cover unseen. I'm honestly not remotely fussed about the whole WTF thing. It just hasn't made a dent with me apparently. As for the kids, DC made it pretty clear in all the pre-relaunch publicity that they weren't marketing to kids with the New52. They said 18-34, and as much as we'd like to think that most of that audience is more sophisticated than that, we're wrong.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Paul said:

They said 18-34, and as much as we'd like to think that most of that audience is more sophisticated than that, we're wrong.

:-O :(( #:-S

I'm too old???!!!??? Maybe not even sophisticated????!!!!!????

• Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169

Paul said:

They said 18-34, and as much as we'd like to think that most of that audience is more sophisticated than that, we're wrong.

:-O :(( #:-S

I'm too old???!!!??? Maybe not even sophisticated????!!!!!????

I'm firmly in both of those camps (on and off with the second, but at the point where I refer to a large portion of members of the first as "kids").

I think I'm also getting too old to give a shit about what they do marketing-wise. I have barely enough time to read the books I get, let alone analyze how they try and sell them. ;)