Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Iron Man 3

13»

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Planeis said:

tazmaniak said:

Planeis said:

Hey, promotional people. TRY NOT TO GIVE AWAY THE WHOLE MOVIE.

Geez

To be fair, if you've been reading reports on entertainment sites, reading the interviews with cast and crew and looking at the on set videos and pics, almost everything in that trailer was already revealed.
    Uh.... thats kind of a big IF considering that people will be seeing this trailer online, on entertainment shows, in theaters. I haven't been reading the interviews with cast and crew, and haven't been looking at on set videos or pics.
    If staying spoiler-free is so important to you, perhaps you should avoid the internet, or at least the comics-talk-intensive parts thereof.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I actually still feel pretty in the dark about the film. Okay, maybe they showed us a big moment from the final battle (or maybe not), but I still don't know much beyond the Mandarin being a terrorist threat, who pisses Stark off (probably by hurting Pepper).
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    chrisw said:

I actually still feel pretty in the dark about the film. Okay, maybe they showed us a big moment from the final battle (or maybe not), but I still don't know much beyond the Mandarin being a terrorist threat, who pisses Stark off (probably by hurting Pepper).

And that Tony builds cool stuff!

M
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    So cant wait for this. Looks fantastic. I actually dig Mandarins accent and delivery... its odd and different but menacing imo. Curious to see how they make the rings actually work realistically. I hope this is half as good as it looks.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited March 2013
    Armor reveals.

Mark 33 Enhanced Energy Suit "Silver Centurion"

Mark 40 Hyper Velocity Suit "Shotgun"
  • Options
    Mark 17 Artillery Level RT Suit "Heartbreaker"

Mark 38 Heavy Lifting Suit "Igor"
  • Options
    Love that heartbreaker!
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    WetRats said:

Planeis said:

tazmaniak said:

Planeis said:

Hey, promotional people. TRY NOT TO GIVE AWAY THE WHOLE MOVIE.

Geez

To be fair, if you've been reading reports on entertainment sites, reading the interviews with cast and crew and looking at the on set videos and pics, almost everything in that trailer was already revealed.
    Uh.... thats kind of a big IF considering that people will be seeing this trailer online, on entertainment shows, in theaters. I haven't been reading the interviews with cast and crew, and haven't been looking at on set videos or pics.
    If staying spoiler-free is so important to you, perhaps you should avoid the internet, or at least the comics-talk-intensive parts thereof.
    Its not that important to me. I wasnt complaining about being spoiled for this movie. I am complaining about the marketing departments need in every single movie to essentially show you the entire story
  • Options
    Mark 35 Disaster Rescue Suit "Red Snapper"

Mark 39 Sub Orbital Suit "Gemini"
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
  • Options
    Iron Man 3 has a huge international opening, besting the previous film and Avengers. Iron Man 3 opened overseas with $195.3M, compared to Iron Man 2's $100M and The Avengers' $185M.

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    Overseas tally is now at $242M.
  • Options
    It has now made $307.7M overseas. In just one week, the film has passed the total international gross for Captain America ($192M), Iron Man ($267M) and Thor ($268M). It will pass Iron Man 2's $312M today.

The movie is looking at $160-$180M North American opening this weekend. Last year, Avengers was projected to open with $185M, but ended up making $207M.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I tell you what - if they really wanted to push that opening weekend number up, all they would have to do is get some massive play of that video of the kids Iron Man costume contest from Comic Con 2012.

youtube.com/watch?v=ri1CItlMHfo

I mean, let's face it - Very nearly every movie-going male under 50 is already a guaranteed ticket, a lot movie going females under 50 will go (be it with guys, or for Robert Downey, Jr., or comic fandom, or various other reasons), so we need to hit that all-too-neglected "grandma/mother" quotient, who would see that video and decide that RDJr. was just the sweetest young man and they should go see his little movie.
  • Options
    Iron Man 3 has made $948.9M worldwide. It will cross $1B by the middle of the week, becoming only the 4th comic book superhero film to do so.
  • Options
    At $1.14B, Iron Man 3 is now the 5th highest grossing film of all time, trailing Avatar, Titanic, Avengers and Harry Potter 8.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    tazmaniak said:

At $1.14B, Iron Man 3 is now the 5th highest grossing film of all time, trailing Avatar, Titanic, Avengers and Harry Potter 8.

Not counting for inflation, right?
    I'm gonna go look at boxofficemojo now.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    and don't forget the extra cash for Imax + 3D
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    I can't find the adjusted page at box office mojo, so went to wikipedia which went into detail about ticket prices. Here.
  • Options
    saw it a second time. Think I liked it a bit more. one thing that bugs me though is there is no justifying the lack of SHIELD / Captain America involvement in this story. I needed an explanation for that and or why Stark didn't turn to them (or anyone really) for help.
    I also would've enjoyed a line explaining Rhodes absence in a the new York invasion. A simple one line could've been added to the bar scene.
    One other thing that's bugged me personally is why the mandarin crew ever in a million years even attacked stark in the first place? just "saving face" doesnt cut it with me. here we have a near full proof plan to accomplish everything we want and we're close to pulling it all off and taking over the world. what do we do... I know, lets tip off, piss off, and bring in all the superheroes and all the only people in the world who could possible stop us! (and who most likely could do so with relative ease).
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    batlaw said:

saw it a second time. Think I liked it a bit more. one thing that bugs me though is there is no justifying the lack of SHIELD / Captain America involvement in this story. I needed an explanation for that and or why Stark didn't turn to them (or anyone really) for help.
    I also would've enjoyed a line explaining Rhodes absence in a the new York invasion. A simple one line could've been added to the bar scene.
    One other thing that's bugged me personally is why the mandarin crew ever in a million years even attacked stark in the first place? just "saving face" doesnt cut it with me. here we have a near full proof plan to accomplish everything we want and we're close to pulling it all off and taking over the world. what do we do... I know, lets tip off, piss off, and bring in all the superheroes and all the only people in the world who could possible stop us! (and who most likely could do so with relative ease).

Once Happy was injured, it was personal. Normally, you handle things yourself when its personal. Plus, I'm not convinced Tony would ask Fury for help. Rogers might've been wrapped up with a Soldier (it WAS Christmas time!)

I thought there was a mention somewhere along the line that Rhodey was handling something for the US government during the Battle of New York.

I believe the Mandarin was taking up Tony on the very public challenge. The challenge was made AFTER Happy was injured (accidentally) at one of the targets. If Happy wasn't there, then perhaps Tony wouldn't have made the challenge.

Plus, Killian went to Pepper to get financing through Stark Industries (they knew each other previously.) Maya went to Tony for help with the process (they had a prior relationship.) Both were using non-violent approaches first.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Matt said:

batlaw said:

Once Happy was injured, it was personal. Normally, you handle things yourself when its personal. Plus, I'm not convinced Tony would ask Fury for help. Rogers might've been wrapped up with a Soldier (it WAS Christmas time!)

I thought there was a mention somewhere along the line that Rhodey was handling something for the US government during the Battle of New York.

I believe the Mandarin was taking up Tony on the very public challenge. The challenge was made AFTER Happy was injured (accidentally) at one of the targets. If Happy wasn't there, then perhaps Tony wouldn't have made the challenge.

Plus, Killian went to Pepper to get financing through Stark Industries (they knew each other previously.) Maya went to Tony for help with the process (they had a prior relationship.) Both were using non-violent approaches first.

M
    I agree whole heartedly. Typical "Now... its personal" type move. Before Happy got injured he wasn't really trying to meddle with the Mandarin thing, right? He was dealing with his own stuff.

So, Happy gets hurt. Tony gets mad and makes his challenge, and then his house gets blown all to smithereens and he's out there on the edge for a while. Tony doesn't want help.