Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

So what's going on in comics?

I've been comic free for about 7 months due to a complete lack of funds and because of this have stopped following comic news due to an inability to buy the things the news makes me want. However I was bored these past couple weeks and started listening to CGS (never can seem to quit) and it made that thirst for comics knowledge come back. SOOOOOO.... What's been going on the past few months?
In the Marvel universe?
DC Universe?
Behind the scenes of DC?
Behind the scenes of Marvel?
Other?

Feel free to spoil if the story was terrible but if it's worth reading let me know and I'll at it to the infinitely long list

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Read: Hawkeye & damn near anything from Image.

Avoid: damn near anything from DC.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,624
    Torchsong said:

Dynamite - Wondering if they can secure the Brady Bunch license to make fourteen different titles about it with numerous variant covers.

I'm all for the Alice series; I've always wanted to see what she does on her off days. It will get cancelled shortly after the cousin oliver series due to low sales.

You forgot to mention the news of the last six months: Torchsong has returned to reviewing comics.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited June 2013
    Torchsong said:

Image, IDW, Valiant, Avatar - Producing great books that nobody will read enough to support and will likely be canceled within the first six issues of publication. Yes, I know you love them. Yes, that title's gone, too.
    Top Shelf, Fantagraphics - Producing brilliant artistic tomes of wonder that absolutely nobody will read until they have a massive sale.

And that's the state of the comics industry right now. You're welcome.

VALIANT still going strong - way past #6. I'm getting all their books.

I'll read Top Shelf + Fantagraphics full price. No regrets.

Yep, it might be a sad state of the comics industry. But that's in the USA. It's rather jolly over here in the old world though.

edit: Almost forgot - Panini just got the rights to publish the VALIANT books all through Europe.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    In truth, I've heard nothing but praise for Valiant, so here's to hoping they make a big fat liar out of me! :)
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I'm kind of lukewarm about Valiant's attempt to bring back their 90's line, primarily because they're lacking the powerhouses their old universe were anchored to: Solar, Magnus and Turok. Still, I'd give them a chance if my finances weren't already stretched.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Torchie, that is about the most brilliant breakdown of the current state of the comic industry I've ever seen.

We can all go home now. This thread is done.