Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Superman/Wonder Woman Ongoing

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46122

Charles Soule and Tony Daniel are on a new monthly title, Superman/Wonder Woman launching in October.

Comments

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I'll check it out, but I'm back to trades only for the foreseeable future on DC titles...and Marvel's...this may be a digital purchase.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    *shakes head & walks slowly away*
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I want to hear more about it before I decide, but, based on the current crop of Superman titles, I'm not encouraged. I'm not all that interested in the romantic angle here either.
  • Options
    As I said in the MOS thread, coupling up the demigods of the DCU separates them too much from humanity.

They both need close relationships with actual human beings to keep them grounded.
  • Options
    It would take amazing art to sell me on this concept. I like Tony Daniel okay on bat books, but he's too clunky in his style (IMHO) to draw a book like this.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    It runs into a fundamental problem right off the bat (I don't mean Tony Daniels which can be fixed). Who do they fight? There are only so many bad guys would give them problems. Between the 2 of them they can out punch and out think everybody in DC.

Assuming that problem can be solved; the book could be a fun team-up. So my vote is why not team up the Logo* with the Lunchbox.

*I am a Superman fan
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

It runs into a fundamental problem right off the bat (I don't mean Tony Daniels which can be fixed). Who do they fight?

Anyone who tries to break them up.

Batman, I guess.
  • Options

Anyone who tries to break them up.

Batman, I guess.

Yep which is will not be a fun team-up book.

If DC goes that direction the fun story arch would be a love rectangle with Superman falling for Big Barda and Mister Miracle/Wonder Woman causing all kinds of trouble.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    We're getting Batman/Superman, and also Superman/Wonder Woman. To complete the triangle there should be a Wonder Woman/Batman book.
  • Options

We're getting Batman/Superman, and also Superman/Wonder Woman. To complete the triangle there should be a Wonder Woman/Batman book.

Or, if you want a three-way, get Green Lantern (Hal Jordan).
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Or, if you want a three-way, get Green Lantern (Hal Jordan).
    I suppose that could work. I hear that Lady Blackhawk isn't doing anything (one?) since her book got cancelled.

• Options
    mwhitt80 said:

It runs into a fundamental problem right off the bat (I don't mean Tony Daniels which can be fixed). Who do they fight? There are only so many bad guys would give them problems. Between the 2 of them they can out punch and out think everybody in DC.

Assuming that problem can be solved; the book could be a fun team-up. So my vote is why not team up the Logo* with the Lunchbox.

*I am a Superman fan

Who says they're gonna be fighting?

Maybe it'll be a return of the Romance Comic?

:\">
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited June 2013
    WetRats said:

Who says they're gonna be fighting?

Maybe it'll be a return of the Romance Comic?

"And where were YOU last night, buster?"
    "Umm...Gee Diana...some of the guys at the office were...uhh..."
    (the lasso of truth comes out)
    "Spill it!"
    "I was out with Black Canary...ummm..."
    "AND?"
    "...the Huntress..."
    "AND?!?"
    "...power girl..."
    "POWER GIRL!?! That's your cousin! That's SICK, Kal!"
    "Not in this dimension! Oh...and Wonder Girl..."
    "WONDER GIRL!?! That's MY cousin!!!"
    "Is she?"
    "I...I'm not really sure. This whole reboot thing has me so confused."
    "No kidding. I really need to go back to not boning Lois."
    "Yeah, I guess I'll go back to c*ck-teasing Steve Trevor."

To be honest, I can't decide which is worse. :)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Tony Daniel gives me pause, but I know nothing of Charles Soule. Can anyone point me to any work he's done, and do you think he's any good or not?
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    ^I've really liked Soule's Swamp Thing, all three issues of it so far. He seems like the first solid new writer DC has picked up in the last year or so.

I actually think this series sounds like it could be good. I've enjoyed the WW solo series (one of the few New 52 books I'm still reading) and would like to see more of her interactions with the rest of the shared universe (Johns' Justice League didn't do anything for me). I run hot and cold on Daniel's art, but I think he has the potential to do good things here.
  • Options
    GadaboutGadabout Posts: 16
    I will wait and see how it does. I am sure there was a massive cyber groan when DC paired the two biggest names they have for Superman/Batman and it turned out great. There are plenty of mega powers who could show up and cause these two trouble. Lobo hitting on Wonder Woman would be awesome. This would be a fantastic place to introduce a nU Maxima, too!
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I agree with @Elsiebub. Charles Soule has been really strong on Swamp Thing. I'm loving his run so far.

I don't know if he is a big enough draw to this book though to be honest. I'm not really interested in seeing what superman and Wonder Woman get up too, so I'll probably give this one a miss.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

I don't know if he is a big enough draw to this book though to be honest. I'm not really interested in seeing what superman and Wonder Woman get up too, so I'll probably give this one a miss.

I have a feeling that will be the reaction of every comic buyer in the US. It could be an awesome book. But no one gives a crap about Wonder Woman in comics, and Superman has been the 3rd/4th banana at DC for at least a decade. It's going to be an uphill battle to keep this title in the mid tier of DC books (regardless of quality).

I really like the idea of the 2 in a team-up and I want it to be a fun book. I just think it's a giant meh by most people.