Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Super Wildpig Show

Comments

• Options
    We've added Journey Into Mystery#85 in Fine condition (1st app. Loki and Odin) and All-Star Comics#28 in Fine condition to the bonus raffle! Bonus raffle tickets will be $1 a piece with no purchase limit. Half of the proceeds from the bonus raffle will go to CGS! $10 weekend passes are available at www.wildpigcomics.com

Thanks,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    Very bummed I can't make it, Super Show was a lot of fun last year. Gas is too expensive and Northern Virginia is too far from New Jersey.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    16 Days! (15 days until most of us will be getting there)
  • Options
    rkbrasserkbrasse Posts: 17
    Anyone interested in some SWPS gaming? As in Fluxx, Settlers of Catan etc .... Is there space at the bar to play some card games like fluxx? How about an Avengers viewing on Friday night?
  • Options
    Actually, an Avengers viewing anytime on Friday. I was planning on seeing it early Friday before hitting the road, but seeing it with geeks is always more fun.
  • Options
    DaniDani Posts: 5
    Anyone interested in some SWPS gaming? As in Fluxx, Settlers of Catan etc .... Is there space at the bar to play some card games like fluxx? How about an Avengers viewing on Friday night?
    There are a couple tables at the bar, so you could easily play some games there. For awhile Bill had a weekly Magic game going on up there. I just can't guarantee the tables will be free, but it's worth a shot.

As for an Avengers viewing Friday night, there are quite a few theaters in the area by the hotel. I would suggest the Loews in New Brunswick. It'd probably be about a 20 minute drive. I'm also partial to the theater in Manville. There is a theater much closer to the hotel in South Plainfield, but I haven't been there in years. I couldn't tell you if it was nice.

Any other questions, let me know.

-Dani
  • Options
    Thank god there are no Carmikes. LOL
    I will be attending the whole show now thanks to the generosity of several fine individuals. And I thank them
  • Options
    someone may want to check the theatres to see if there are any tickets available. Most theatres have been selling Avengers tickets for the past two weeks.
  • Options
    Hey, this is Fred Chao, I do those pesky Johnny Hiro comics. Sorry this is so last minute, but life has been nutso for the last few weeks. Finally catching up with things. I haven't yet figured out transport or stay. Is anyone going to Wild Pig from NYC? I'd love to catch a ride. And if anyone has room to crash, I'd totally appreciate that as well. Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
  • Options
    Fred, if you take a train on Friday (or Sat. morning) to the Bound Brook station via the Raritan Valley Line, I will have someone pick you up. The WildPig crew has rooms booked at the hotel, so I'm sure you can find a place to crash. Drop me a line at wildpig@wildpigcomics.com if you have further questions, and please keep me posted, as I want to avoid any empty tables at the show.

Best,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    There's also this thread I started which seems to have faded away lol.

http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/336/superwildpigshow-rooms#Item_4
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Sadly, Raph Soohoo will be unable to attend this after all. But I'm still in! That just means things will be a lil' less cuhraaaaaazy.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I got my list pretty much all set and ready. Looking forward to all of the fun.
  • Options
    I will be doing sketches and cards at the cgs table. Also I will sign any book with whatever name you want. Now is the time to get those Jack Kirby books signed!!!
    I plan on explaining a million times why I don't work for Carmike any longer.
    I am planning on making Chris rig the raffle so I can have it ALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
    muwahahahahahahaha
    (or at least the JiM)
  • Options
    Also I will sign any book with whatever name you want. Now is the time to get those Jack Kirby books signed!!!
    Will you sign a book for me as Rob Granito?
  • Options
    Yes but I'll have to use someone else's handwriting
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, Chris! I'll definitely take the train if I have to, but since I am tabling, I will have some stuff with me.

So wondering if anyone might have car transportation from NYC I can hop aboard. Again, any help on that end is wholly appreciated. Thanks so much!
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey guys, in regards to seeing The Avengers that weekend, are there any cinemas around that have Lux Level seating? Thanks!
  • Options
    Chris, here is a list of local theaters that may suit your needs:
    -AMC Loews New Brunswick, Route 1, New Brunswick
    -Bridgewater Commons Mall (the luxury seats are situated around tables, and servers bring you food and beverages)
    -Reading Cinemas, 180 North Main Street, Manville

Best,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    The Super WildPig Show is a mere 9 days away! We've posted all raffle and bonus raffle prizes (including a Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine#2, 1968). Weekend passes are still available between now and an hour before the show at www.wildpigcomics.com While people paying at the door will have to wait on line, weekend pass holders walk right in when the doors open. Plus, purchasing your weekend pass also gives the ticket holder first shot at FCBD books, as well as three raffle tickets! Tickets and info are available at www.wildpigcomics.com

Thanks,
    Chris, WP
  • Options
    Chris, here is a list of local theaters that may suit your needs:
    -AMC Loews New Brunswick, Route 1, New Brunswick
    -Bridgewater Commons Mall (the luxury seats are situated around tables, and servers bring you food and beverages)
    -Reading Cinemas, 180 North Main Street, Manville

Best,
    Chris, WP
    Thanks a lot, Chris! Looking forward to seeing you again!
  • Options
    Excited to be going to my first WildPig Show! I'm in the middle of my own, personal CGS marathon leading up to the show!

By the way, I have space available in my room at Embassy Suites for Friday night. Just message me if you're interested!
  • Options
    Thanks again, Chris, for the cinema recommendations. We bought tickets yesterday for the Bridgewater Commons Mall location for Friday.
  • Options
    I should do some Avengers cards huh?
    I HOPE TO MEET MORE PEOPLE THIS YEAR!
    Don't be shy! I'm not!
    (Just don't give me candy. lol)
  • Options
    But then how else am I supposed to lure you into my van?
  • Options
    I will enter any van for $2
  • Options
    Wow, times are tough.
  • Options
    glandgland Posts: 17
    MoCCA yesterday got me into the con groove, I'm now looking forward to this more.
  • Options
    Complete randomness - Mapquest directions to SuperWildPigShow have me getting on Hoes Lane East at one point close to the show.