Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1431 Talkback: Oh No, Not Another Clip Show?

Time for another episode of unaired clips from the show. You'll hear talk about Alyssa Milano, Doctor Who, iCarly, Star Wars, and even comic books. There may be some adult language so 'earmuffs'. (48:58)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    So it's come to this...
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    They've just given up haven't they ;)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Can't say as I've ever watched iCarly, but the wife and I were regular viewers of Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens about ten years back. Get home from work on a Friday after a long week, order some take-out, kick back and watch some lighthearted teen-based comedy... yeah, I understand the impulse completely. Funny is funny.
  • Options
    Apparently I'm even funnier when I'm NOT on. ;)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Whoa, you have a room full of grown men watching iCarly, oogling the underage cast...and I have a lot of problems?!

M.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Matt said:

Whoa, you have a room full of grown men watching iCarly, oogling the underage cast...and I have a lot of problems?!

M.

Yes.....Yes you do, grown man in a Patriots Helmet and Jersey, all you needed was the shoulder pads, wearing it for luck during a game :-O
  • Options
    JamieD said:

Matt said:

M.

Yes.....Yes you do, grown man in a Patriots Helmet and Jersey, all you needed was the shoulder pads, wearing it for luck during a game :-O
    They are on back order along with my Belichick-cut hoodie!!

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    It looks like it's been about 8 or 9 days without a proper episode (I don't count CWOP or the "clips" episodes). I take it that NYCC must have really wipted you guys out. While I appreciate the efforts by @pants to keep churning out something for the CGS faithful, it isn't the same as a fresh episode. Here's to hoping you all recover soon, please.
  • Options
    loooooooooooooooooooove the clip show. "Make them Laugh," guys..
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

loooooooooooooooooooove the clip show. "Make them Laugh," guys..

AGREE!
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284

It looks like it's been about 8 or 9 days without a proper episode (I don't count CWOP or the "clips" episodes). I take it that NYCC must have really wipted you guys out. While I appreciate the efforts by @pants to keep churning out something for the CGS faithful, it isn't the same as a fresh episode. Here's to hoping you all recover soon, please.

I would think clip shows are more work than an actual episode since you have to sort through hundreds of hours for one minute clips. Plus since we've never heard it, isn't it "fresh" too? I like the change of pace, and it's fun to hear everyone being goofy! I have a friend who named his hockey team after iCarly, so I know adults out there love it too! And why do people bash watching iCarly, but watching My Little Pony is acceptable? If it entertains you, who cares!
  • Options
    Nick said:

I would think clip shows are more work than an actual episode since you have to sort through hundreds of hours for one minute clips. Plus since we've never heard it, isn't it "fresh" too? I like the change of pace, and it's fun to hear everyone being goofy! I have a friend who named his hockey team after iCarly, so I know adults out there love it too! And why do people bash watching iCarly, but watching My Little Pony is acceptable? If it entertains you, who cares!
    I think the "type" of entertainment one gets from iCarly (noticed no mention of the male cast) verses MLP is why there seems to be concerns.

M
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Ah, who cares about iCarly...though, I too, do think it was a funny show! The losing Brian/Bryan on Skype, and Pants not able to do the "Previews" Episode Intro....now that was FUNNY!