Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel's Infinity Discussion **SPOILERS**

I gotta say I think this event has starting off to a good start. Great art and a good story...so far.

Lucky for me I've been reading both New Avengers and The Avengers titles along with most of the other Avengers titles for a long time so I am up to speed on what has been going on. The concept of the Builders seem to be a familiar one from sci-fi but that does not make me want to see what Hickman will do with it any less. It is the inclusion of Thanos that has really got me jazzed. Thanos has always been a great villain and I've been a huge fan of Marvel cosmic characters since the 70's. Plus the inclusion of the other cosmic races like the Shi'ar, Skrulls and The Kree, and especially the Spaceknights is always a bonus for me. Although I do not think we will be seeing anymore of the Spaceknights in the foreseeable future.

So post your thoughts and please let's try to stay away from the "Marvel sucks" posts and "I am not reading this event" posts. They really do not add to the discussion, my hope is we can keep this thread on topic and get some good discussions out of it.

Please post what you think about Infinity good or bad.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I get my comics monthly from DCBS and so I've only read August's books.

That being said I'm really, really enjoying it. I was surprised how much the Avengers books(following Infinity #1) furthered the story. One book focused on the battle with The Makers in space while the other dealt with The Black Order on Earth. Interesting too to see Namor play the Black Order against Wakanda in a plot thread that has been going on since he attacked the country in AvX. The space battle was brutal but exciting. My only gripe is that it reminded me a little too much of AvX with the heroes rushing off to stop a cosmic threat from reaching earth.

I couldn't be happier that Hickman is writing this and how nicely it's paying off for those of us who have been diligently reading his Marvel books.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I haven't had a chance to read last weeks books yet, enjoying it so far, except for that whole thing with Galador and the Spaceknights getting all blown up.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    As much as I am excited for this "event" I'm kinda pissed about reading basically the same story three times in the latest batch of "cross-overs". Sure the events were told and viewed from the different perspective of the featured character(s), but there was too much overlap for my liking. I feel like I paid $11 for the same regurgitated story in Captain Marvel #15, Avengers Assemble #18, and Avengers #18 and it has left a sour taste in my mouth for Infinity before the event has really even picked up speed.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    I don't know if anybody is still using Marvel's AR app but on the last page of issue #1 they had this. It had nothing to do with what was going on but I got a good laugh out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiWFH8L3ak
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Still liking Infinity, but the current current X-Men crossover; "Battle of the Atom" has become the far more enjoyable read for me. Never would have ever guessed that the X-Men would be more fun than the Avengers! Marvel is full of surprises lately.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Hex said:

Still liking Infinity, but the current current X-Men crossover; "Battle of the Atom" has become the far more enjoyable read for me. Never would have ever guessed that the X-Men would be more fun than the Avengers! Marvel is full of surprises lately.

Cause Bendis started writing X-men and stopped writing Avengers

:-?

I was really not enjoying Infinity just really didn't "get it" but the Thor scenes have gotten me interested enough to finish it off
  • Options
    After reading issue #4 of Infinity, they are REALLY trying something different with this event. The Thanos story is almost a good introduction to the character and makes him a big player int he current MU, and wipes away the whole "Well, he's kind of turning into an ally of the heroes" thing for the last few years. Then, we've got the release of the mists that are giving people powers all over the Earth, and finally, it seems that killing one of the Architects may not be the best of ideas.

No idea where they are going with this, which makes me, as a reader, very happy!
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Krescan said:

I was really not enjoying Infinity just really didn't "get it" but the Thor scenes have gotten me interested enough to finish it off

When I was reading that issue I did not think they would go that far with it but I'm glad they did. That is one of those scenes that will stick with me for some time.

No idea where they are going with this, which makes me, as a reader, very happy!

Just finished getting caught up and I agree with you SolitaireRose. I don't no where they are going but I'm enjoying the ride.