Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1216 Talkback: Comic Talk

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited April 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Just a good old fashioned comic talk episode. We discuss some of the news coming out of C2E2, Fantastic Four Season 1, the Ultimates line and even chat about some classic TV. (1:19:59)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Comic Talk = good start into Monday.....me likey!
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Don't want to go all Yoko Ono here but Pants if you are going to Seattle and Chicago all by yourself why are you manning the table? I know you want to promote the show but aren't you missing out on being on the floor and the panels? Getting reports on con events is important too. Just want to make sure you are getting the full con experience. Well if you decide to come to Motor City Comic-con or Detroit Fanfare (yeah right :)) ) I will volunteer to man the table in relief. Looking forward to your con report. Keep up the great job.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Nice job on the artwork, Ken! It reminds me a little bit of a cross between a Jim Lee and Brett Booth.

And Murd got Muddled by a teenager? This guy sounds like a Murd-In-Training!
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    FYI for WKRP Fans: Loni Anderson & Howard Hessman will be at the Motor City Comic Con!

Whatever happened to Jan Smithers??
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I kind of had a thing for Bailey
  • Options
    bailey was so hot. those glasses
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Jan Smithers... :x
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I haven't completely finished the episode yet, but I got past the part where you were talking comic book news and I'm very surprised Shane never mentioned the G.I. Joe/Danger Girl crossover announced at C2E2. That's right up his alley.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    For Christmas, I bought myself the complete "Checkmate". I had never heard of the show, but Sebastian Cabot is a co-star and he never made a bad ... anything. One of the best things about classic TV is how freaking hot some of the women are. I just watched an episode with a young Elizabeth Montgomery. DAMN! DAMNITY DAMN DAMN!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I never thought Loni anderson was that hot.But Bailey was smoking hot. I think she was the start of my love of ladies with glasses.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I'm glad I listened to this episode before I did my DCBS order. I was able to add some of the specials you mentioned at the beginning, including the Prophecy one. So, thanks! I also liked hearing all the excitement about the Avengers movie and amused by Pants trying to not hear any "spoiler" discussion from the trailers and the voice mail. As for the classic TV, yeah I also don't like how they cut stuff out. Darn advertisers! And yeah, Karin Jan Smithers. I hear she lives in Ojai, California---thinking about getting back into acting (imdb and wiki). (Ah, and hey Pants, if the others don't care about your recording the pre-show stuff, why not go for it!)
  • Options
    I discovered ME TV last month when I was in Fort Worth. Now After finding the local affiliate in San Diego, I may never leave the couch! :))
  • Options
    I discovered ME TV last month when I was in Fort Worth. Now After finding the local affiliate in San Diego, I may never leave the couch! :))
    I wish i got channels like Me TV,Retro,Bounce,This TV and Antenna TV.

• Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Was that Shane who yelled out "Hokey Smokes"? Does that mean I'm not the only one who uses that? :-O
  • Options
    bendoc55bendoc55 Posts: 14
    I never thought Loni anderson was that hot.But Bailey was smoking hot. I think she was the start of my love of ladies with glasses.
    </blockquote

...then what about Granny Clampett?
  • Options
    She is one of the few ladies with glasses I didn't find hot.

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727

She is one of the few ladies with glasses I didn't find hot.
    I was going to test your use of the word "few" but I had Google safe search off and now my eyes are scarred permanently. That's what I get for being a smartass, I guess.
  • Options
    Another hottie was the big glasses chick that kisses Robocop in the first movie
  • Options
    Funny conversations filled with Marvel Now Snarkiness.

While I understand this "here we go again" attitude from Jamie and Peter, I'm not sure what new "buzz words" marvel's marketers could use other than "It's a new direction/great jumping on point , etc." like they did with the POINT ONE initiative.

On last years Marvel Movies tanking ? Sorry but I think Peter was a little wrong .

Thor made $181,030,624 Domestic and $268,295,994 Foreign. It cost 150 million

Cap Made $176,654,505 Domestic and $191,953,858 Foreign costing 140 million

http://boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=summer11comicvs.htm

While they obviously werent Avengers Or Dark Knight explosinve hits those aren't failure numbers either .

Maybe Pete was thinking about 2010, when Scott Pilgrim and that crop of hero films didn't live up to expectations?