Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Super Wildpig Show

Comments

• Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    Here's a link to a Google Map I did for the Show. In addition to the Embassy Suites and O'Briens Tavern I've also noted a few places that I want to eat and some Co-op ATMs. What's so special about Co-op ATMs? There are no branches of my credit union in the area and I don't have to pay any fees when I withdraw cash from Co-op ATMs.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    there be many hoes in NJ
  • Options
    EdChambersEdChambers Posts: 64
    there be many hoes in NJ
    It is the Garden State, after all.
  • Options
    birdbird Posts: 3
    Watch out. I live here, and there is "hoes lane", and then there is "old hoes lane"! That can be a major difference!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I am so jazzed to go to the show. I can't wait to meet people and get my sketches and all of those beautiful back issues and trades.
  • Options
    DaniDani Posts: 5
    I figured I'd give everyone a taste on just how many long boxes are going to be at the show.

This is my basement right now:

IMG_1285

IMG_1274

IMG_1281

IMG_1273

IMG_1270

IMG_1279

Enjoy!

-Dani
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    That's even worse than my basement.
  • Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    I'm going to try and come on Sunday. My first Supershow without being a guest artist. I'll be able to completely chill :)
  • Options
    Here's a link to a Google Map I did for the Show. In addition to the Embassy Suites and O'Briens Tavern I've also noted a few places that I want to eat and some Co-op ATMs. What's so special about Co-op ATMs? There are no branches of my credit union in the area and I don't have to pay any fees when I withdraw cash from Co-op ATMs.
    We actually will have a flyer for everyone at the show that has directions to the bar on one side and various places to eat on the other. If you pre-ordered your ticket, it will be in the envelope. If not, then they will be at the register when you check out or at the admission table when you go in.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Ryan

• Options
    We actually will have a flyer for everyone at the show that has directions to the bar on one side and various places to eat on the other. If you pre-ordered your ticket, it will be in the envelope. If not, then they will be at the register when you check out or at the admission table when you go in.

Ryan

Will that flyer be available for those of us who arrive Friday night and are hungry?
  • Options

Ryan

Will that flyer be available for those of us who arrive Friday night and are hungry?
    Yeah, I can put some outside the ballroom while we are setting up.

Ryan

• Options
    Something else I just thought of now and I figured it would be better to find out now than later.... Was there something I needed to print out and bring with me to pick up my pre-ordered tickets? Or do I just show up with my name and you'll have it on record? I know I got a confirmation email, but I don't remember what was in it.
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    Something else I just thought of now and I figured it would be better to find out now than later.... Was there something I needed to print out and bring with me to pick up my pre-ordered tickets? Or do I just show up with my name and you'll have it on record? I know I got a confirmation email, but I don't remember what was in it.
    Yes! Your email should have a bar code that you need to print out and bring with you. They will scan you at the door and give you your badge.

Bry

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Actually, I just found the confirmation email and it appears that yes I do need to print out tickets and bring them with. I'm leaving the post above here though because it can remind someone else to not forget their tickets. ;)

EDIT - posted this before the above reply showed up.
  • Options
    Yes! Your email should have a bar code that you need to print out and bring with you. They will scan you at the door and give you your badge.

Bry

We'll also have a master list of all the attendees, so if you forget your printed ticket, it's not a big deal.

Ryan
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    There are also Eventbrite apps for iPhone and Android which will save you the trouble of having to print and bring your ticket(s). There's a link in the confirmation email.
  • Options
    ChrisSnellChrisSnell Posts: 34

Bry

What if you bought tickets for more than one person, but only received one bar code?
  • Options
    Don't worry about it. I have each preorder setup with an envelope that you'll receive when you check at the admission table. In the envelope, you will find the appropriate number of wristbands for the number of tickets you ordered. If you ordered 3 tickets, you'll see 3 sets of wristbands (9 total).

Ryan
  • Options
    argocomicsargocomics Posts: 19
    I don't usually come on the forum to hawk my wares but just so people don't accusing me of not mentioning it, I'll have Argo 5 # 4 at the Super Wild Pig Show with a pin-up by CGS's own, Mike Gallagher. You can see the cover and 3 page preview here: http://www.indyplanet.com/index.php?id=6384
  • Options
    rkbrasserkbrasse Posts: 17
    For anyone interested in going as a group, I bought tickets to the 9:15 at the regal Hadley for the avengers movie. Message me and we can float cell numbers etc
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    That's even worse than my basement.
    I wish that was my basement. All of those books. Amazing.
  • Options
    So can we just download the through the app to be scanned?
  • Options
    So can we just download the through the app to be scanned?
    Yeah - that should be fine too. Like I said, we have a master list of all the attendees, so even if you don't have anything with you (printed ticket, smartphone app, etc) you will still be OK.

Ryan

• Options
    MatthewPetzMatthewPetz Posts: 30
    Can't wait for the show! I'll have PRINT copies of War of the Woods there. WOO HOO!
  • Options
    EdChambersEdChambers Posts: 64
    Can't wait for the show! I'll have PRINT copies of War of the Woods there. WOO HOO!
    I have all of the issues of War of the Woods through comixology and love the series! Great work and I highly recommend it to everyone. I look forward to more in the future.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    I want all of the Friends of Mike to gather with me on Saturday at the bar!
    Who is with me?
  • Options
    We have CGS factions now?
  • Options
    T2GunnzT2Gunnz Posts: 14
    I'm so mad i had plans to go even had a hotel room reserved buttttt as life does i have been hit with a curve ball. Good news my wifes pregnant, bad news money is tight so I had to cancel my plans and limit myself to around $50 a month for my books. EEEEEEEEhhhhh the sacrifices we make for our children.
  • Options
    I'm so mad i had plans to go even had a hotel room reserved buttttt as life does i have been hit with a curve ball. Good news my wifes pregnant, bad news money is tight so I had to cancel my plans and limit myself to around $50 a month for my books. EEEEEEEEhhhhh the sacrifices we make for our children.
    You need to ask yourself, "What is more important? Super Wild Pig Show or my child's future?"

I'll see you this weekend.
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50