Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Super Wildpig Show

124»

Comments

• Options
    Guest List Announcements:
    -Don McGregor had to cancel his appearance due to illness (feel better Don!)
    -Shawn Martinbrough will be appearing on Sat. only from 1-5 PM
    -Reilly Brown will be arriving at the show at approximately 1 PM on Sat. He will be on hand for the remainder of the weekend.

We will see you all this weekend! Thanks for the support!

Best,
    Chris, Danielle, Ryan, & the WildPig Crew
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    @MikeGallagher I would love to go to the bar on Saturday night but I can only come to the show and I won't be able to come on Sunday as I will be taking care of my daughter who is too young to be going to a show like this just yet.
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    Cafe Bua
    http://www.cafebua.com/

If you're looking for a place for breakfast on Saturday or Sunday give this one a try. It is very reasonably priced. I had the chicken and waffles plus 2 eggs and juice. It was delicious. Including tip I paid $9. I'm tempted to come back for dinner and try one of their Vietnamese or Korean specialties.
  • Options
    T2GunnzT2Gunnz Posts: 14
    I'm so mad i had plans to go even had a hotel room reserved buttttt as life does i have been hit with a curve ball. Good news my wifes pregnant, bad news money is tight so I had to cancel my plans and limit myself to around $50 a month for my books. EEEEEEEEhhhhh the sacrifices we make for our children.
    You need to ask yourself, "What is more important? Super Wild Pig Show or my child's future?"

I'll see you this weekend.
    I so wish that was possible my wife's is straight off the boat polish she still remembers the communist times she'll get all KGB on me lol.

btw: i'm new to forums how do i specify what part of the quote i want to use. Thaks if anyone can help.
  • Options
    ok nevermind lol
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I'm so mad i had plans to go even had a hotel room reserved buttttt as life does i have been hit with a curve ball. Good news my wifes pregnant, bad news money is tight so I had to cancel my plans and limit myself to around $50 a month for my books. EEEEEEEEhhhhh the sacrifices we make for our children.
    \m/ <:-P =D>
  • Options
  • Options
    Wow. Saturday was so much fun. It was nice meeting people like Jim and Dan from the ForceCast. I also got a chance to finally meet Mike Gallagher and Matt from CGS which was cool. Great stuff for sale and it was just a great day. Loved it.
  • Options
    MaxDillonMaxDillon Posts: 19
    edited May 2012
    As is the case for every WildPig show, my work schedule prevented me from attending. I do like hearing what everyone bought. Anybody willing to share some info on their haul?

• Options
    For trades, I got:
    The Goon vol 6-10
    The New Teen Titans: Games
    The Rocketeer: The Complete Adventures
    Avengers Forever
    Marvels
    All New Issues vol 1

I got a bunch of single issues as well but they are at home and I don't remember them by heart. I did get a bunch of Nightwing issues that make me happy.
  • Options
    MaxDillonMaxDillon Posts: 19
    For trades, I got:
    The Goon vol 6-10
    The New Teen Titans: Games
    The Rocketeer: The Complete Adventures
    Avengers Forever
    Marvels
    All New Issues vol 1

I got a bunch of single issues as well but they are at home and I don't remember them by heart. I did get a bunch of Nightwing issues that make me happy.
    Nice haul, Jaydee! I would have had that Teen Titans trade on my list too!
  • Options
    I haven't read it yet but the art. Oh my goodness, the art is gorgeous. Although, I did noticed something in skimming it. There is a scene in the Bat Cave where Batman is talking to Robin and Dick joins in. He calls Robin "Tim", but that's not possible. It would have been Jason. He was even wearing the classic Robin costume. Kind of threw me off for a bit. Looks awesome overall though.

As for the single issues, I got an issue of Adventure Comics with Aquaman on the cover. A few issues of DC Comics Presents and Peter Parker: Spider-Man. I also got two issues of Green Lantern: Mosaic and Green Lantern/Green Arrow. I feel like there is still more I'm missing but I don't have them in front of me.
  • Options
    BetaRayBenBetaRayBen Posts: 50
    The best things I picked up were sketches in my comics log book from Mike Gallagher, Jamie Fay, Alex Robinson, and Andrew Charipar. These are my first sketches, and I now officially have the sketch bug. Thanks guys!

I also bought over 260 50¢ books! Found a lot of miscellaneous Marshall Rogers comics I'd been meaning to get, as well as tons of stuff from the early 80's, including Legion, Titans, Justice League, Outsiders, Doctor Strange, Fantastic Four and Marvel Team-Up.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I'm in the same boat. I got a sketch from Mike of Batman and Darth Vader jousting while riding My Little Ponies and a sketch from J.K. Woodward of Nightcrawler at the show and today I just received the sketch I won from Dafu Yu of Wolverine for muddling The Murd and those are the first sketches I've ever gotten and now I'm getting the sketch bug, too. I even have the two themed sketchbooks going - the completely bizarre combinations of characters that make no sense in one and X-Men in the other.
  • Options
    WoodWood Posts: 19
    Thanks for the shout out on the recap ep fellas. It was nice seeing you all as usual, my only regret is that I didn't have the chance to hang that night and talk and relax about all things geek.

I had to laugh though when Murd was doing the shout outs because he referred to me as "Jason Wood, Esquire." I am most definitely not a lawyer! :)