Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

"A Salute to Jamie D." Talkback Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    SteveAtkinsStudiosSteveAtkinsStudios Posts: 70
    edited May 2014
    Pants said:

jaydee74 said:

Am I mistaken or is there an episode where it's a clip show of the best of Drunk Cap? If there is, would you know what episode that would be on?

Episode 1098: The Best of Drunk Cap

It's from almost three years ago, but it's complete till that point.
    I put that together. I will make another one, if the Geeks want me to. For the fans...and for "Jeremy".

RIP Jamie D.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Corwin said:

...Drunk Cap is going to be devestated.

I must admit, I finished this episode while on The Manhattan Bridge. I was about two seconds away from being that weird guy crying on the subway. Cap's salute...damn.

Parallax said:

A fitting tribute, gentlemen (and lady). Nice to have everyone back again, although of course, we wish it was under better circumstances.

Cap's message at the end destroyed me. Once again, he lost his Bucky.

It's at least a small comfort to know that Jamie's probably up there right now Simon & Kirby all about how awesome Cap 2 was.

Finally worked up the nerve to listen to the episode...I couldn't do it while at work. Can't wait to hear Drunk Cap.
  • Options
    KilmarockKilmarock Posts: 174
    What a great tribute to Jamie. Loved the clips that opened and closed the episode. The voice mails were great. Loved the stories. Loved hearing you guys laugh as you told them.
  • Options
    TobyToby Posts: 91
    I can't listen to the tribute. Just found out. Listened to the short announcement episode. Numb. =((
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Thank you for this. A fitting send off to a wonderful man.
  • Options
    Wonderful episode. Strange to be moved so much by the passing of a man I never met. That's the power of podcasting for you.

One more for the 'destroyed by Drunk Cap' list here.
  • Options
    WeddyWeddy Posts: 4
    A fitting tribute guys. Glad it was full of laughter
  • Options
    If I'm to be perfectly honest, I miss you, Jamie, in every way, shape, or form.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Eulogy for Jamie D.

That is magnificent @Brendan_Pickett

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Thanks for that Jamie tribute episode. I felt I was with you in the studio. Nice hearing Jamie's sister there along with long-time CGSers Peter, Bryan, and Kevin. It's comforting to know that Jamie (and those left behind) has that great support group of friends. And it's great knowing that CGS will go on in some form. That was comforting to me!
  • Options
    I'm new to comics and podcasting and I just happened to stumble on to you guys. I like to start from the beginning and just listen to ones that sound interesting to me. Over the last 2 weeks I've listened to about 80 hours of ur show while at work and 98% were under the 200 mark until I saw this episode. I was very upset to find out about the untimely passing of Jamie d an avenger i have come to enjoy over these last few weeks. I send my condolences to Jamie's family and friends he will truly be missed. I forget who said it but Jamie's personality and genuine spirit will forever be immortalized in cgs.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I can't remember if I posted in this thread yet.

Jamie was the first of the CGS guys I talked too. As I told him many times I agreed with his views on comics way more than most of the rest of the guys. And loved the Jamie's essentials spinoff show. Usually every other month I have to make a 3 hour drive to go help out with my now almost 101 years old grandfather. And I will sometimes have bad panic attacks while driving a long distance. But I have found by listening to podcasts while driving it helps prevents the panic attacks. Many trips have been made to the coast while listening to an episode of Jamie's Essentials.

After now losing 4 Aunts and now Jamie D to cancer,I have wanted to do something. So almost 1 1/2 years ago I started growing my hair out. Next March I am cutting it all off and donating it to a charity that will use it to make wigs for cancer patients.

Back in the fall of 2007 I went through a very rough time. And Jamie was nice enough to message me a handful of times just to check up and see how I was doing.

Mr D you are missed.
  • Options
    Now Jamie belongs to the ages: the Gold Age, the Silver Age, the Bronze Age...
  • Options
    Could someone please refer me to the episode where Jamie gives his heartfelt thank you to everyone who chipped in and paid his trip to London?