Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Which Female Marvel Superheroine Can Carry Her Own Film?

Comments

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

Another vote for She-Hulk, but they'd have to go semi-campy and that doesn't really fit in with what they are doing.

Guardians didn't have any campy elements!?!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Hex said:

Another vote for She-Hulk, but they'd have to go semi-campy and that doesn't really fit in with what they are doing.

Guardians didn't have any campy elements!?!
    I haven't seen GotG, but based on the previews (& casting of a comedic actor to star), I thought there was camp.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

They don't HAVE to go campy.

They don't HAVE to replicate the specific comics.

They certainly CAN go campy, and I have every confidence they could do so well.

As I said before, I think the character could work well in a romantic comedy.

Superheroes can work in many different genres.
  • Options
    To clarify, she seemed more tongue-in-cheek and broke the fourth wall (third wall? Anyway, one of those walls) and spoke directly to the audience. On the other hand, I'd also love to see a Deadpool movie and it has the same issues. Just that it doesn't seem to quite fit with the current tone of Marvel movies. They have a lighter touch, for sure, and Guardians even more so. But they'd have to take yet another step in that direction and I'm not sure they would do that.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    Black Widow could carry her own movie. You could put her in a 007, Mission Impossible type of movie and it would work very well.

She-Hulk could carry her own movie. You could make a movie with a bit of a comedic tone with her, or you could do an action drama. I think you can make a good movie with her with either tone.

I don't follow the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel, but she seems like a character that you could make a movie with.

Misty Knight and Hellcat are too characters that I have long liked and I could see them being developed for movies.

Because I love Zoe Saldana, and she can kick some butt on the screen, I could see Gamora getting a solo movie.

Valkyrie could be a good character to make movies with.

Silver Sable could be cool. But with her connection to Spider-Man she may be hands off for Marvel Studios.

Dazzler. One of my personal favorites.

• Options

To clarify, she seemed more tongue-in-cheek and broke the fourth wall (third wall? Anyway, one of those walls) and spoke directly to the audience. On the other hand, I'd also love to see a Deadpool movie and it has the same issues. Just that it doesn't seem to quite fit with the current tone of Marvel movies. They have a lighter touch, for sure, and Guardians even more so. But they'd have to take yet another step in that direction and I'm not sure they would do that.

The movie doesn't have to be exactly like the comic books. The movie version could have some comedic tones, or it could be more action-drama. You don't have to do the self aware/talk to the camera stuff in a movie.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    At this point, the lack of a Black Widow movie is money being left on the table.

If you look at recent Marvel video games there are five (available) names that would be new to Marvel Films that are being used across most of these games. Two have a good chance of appearing in announced projects (Wasp and Elektra).

The other three are Carol Danvers, She-Hulk and Squirrel Girl.

They seem to be the characters who've had a recent multi-media push without a film to go along with them. She-Hulk did have the Agents of SMASH TV show, and Carol was a regular on both Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Super Hero Squad.

I could see them start to include the Kamala Khan Ms Marvel in a similar fashion.

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Black Widow. ScarJo just beat the Rock at the box office and she's already got a well established movie character.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    bamfbamf said:

Greg said:

You lost me at Selena Gomez.

or taylor swift or fill in the blank... =)
    Barf and Barf again ;)
  • Options
    Black Widow - no brainer. ScarJo can have the kid, get back in shape, and start filming immediately. I'd love it.

Ms. Marvel (Capt. Marvel, whatever) - After Age Of Ultron.

What I want to see - Spider-Woman. I think that would be FREEKING AWESOME. Make her a reformed Hydra agent or something.

Like all the marvel movies, if you get a good script and director and the right actor, it's gold. If not, well, let's not go there. Keep the streak alive!
  • Options
    AxelBrass said:

Black Widow - no brainer. ScarJo can have the kid, get back in shape, and start filming immediately. I'd love it.

What I want to see - Spider-Woman. I think that would be FREEKING AWESOME. Make her a reformed Hydra agent or something.

Like all the marvel movies, if you get a good script and director and the right actor, it's gold. If not, well, let's not go there. Keep the streak alive!

Would she be lumped in with Spider-man, though? I'm not certain Marvel Studios would run with a solo movie that includes "spider" in the title with Spider-man making Sony money. If she is included with the Spider-man contract, there's a better chance for her being a reformed Osborne project.

M
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure
    Matt said:

AxelBrass said:

Would she be lumped in with Spider-man, though? I'm not certain Marvel Studios would run with a solo movie that includes "spider" in the title with Spider-man making Sony money. If she is included with the Spider-man contract, there's a better chance for her being a reformed Osborne project.

M
    I'm pretty sure she'd the MCU, as she didn't make her appearance in a Spider-Man book, but who knows.

If Sony owns her movie rights, then I hope they DON'T make a movie with her. After Amazing Spider Man II, I'm pretty much done with that movie franchise. A textbook example of a good lead actor, a great character, tons of potential stories to choose from. All pissed away by such poor execution by whoever made all the strange decisions that impacted that film.

• Options
    Best I can tell there's no clear indication as to who owns Spider-Woman's right. I would have to place my bet on Marvel Studios though. She has nothing to do with Spider-Man other than having a similar sounding name.
  • Options

Best I can tell there's no clear indication as to who owns Spider-Woman's right. I would have to place my bet on Marvel Studios though. She has nothing to do with Spider-Man other than having a similar sounding name.

I just heard ASM3 was pushed back a year or two to get the Sinister Six movie & a female character from the Spider-Universe movie in first. Speculation was either Spider-Woman or Black Cat.

Wonder who owns Madame Webb? What about Silver Sable?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

I just heard ASM3 was pushed back a year or two to get the Sinister Six movie & a female character from the Spider-Universe movie in first. Speculation was either Spider-Woman or Black Cat.

Wonder who owns Madame Webb? What about Silver Sable?

M
    I think it'll be Black Cat first.

I don't know who has dibs on Silver Sable, or even if anyone has thought to include her in any deals, but she has a connection to Spider-Man, so I would guess Sony. A Silver Sable movie could be pretty cool.

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    I think it has to be black widow. Not making one is money left on the table at this point. There's no reason a Black Widow movie couldn't be just as action packed and have the same type of story as Captain America 2.

But, when this same topic was brought up on a very popular movie forum I frequent... it was amazing how many people brought up the most insane reasons why a Black Widow movie CAN'T be made.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird) is scheduled to make an appearance in "Agents of SHIELD".
    Perfect!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Hex said:

Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird) is scheduled to make an appearance in "Agents of SHIELD".
    Perfect!

Would be cool to see Hawk-Guy make an appearance too.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Carol M Effing Danvers.
  • Options
    Matt said:

I wonder if Agent Carter is successful it'll create a huge push to try a female leading movie. I wonder if the next wave of Netflix series will feature some more female characters to grow that demographic.

I'm still holding out for Black Panther to hit the big screen, not the small screen.

M

Denzel Washington would like to play T'Challa, but you won't care for his impression of a certain Pixar movie...
  • Options

Matt said:

I wonder if Agent Carter is successful it'll create a huge push to try a female leading movie. I wonder if the next wave of Netflix series will feature some more female characters to grow that demographic.

I'm still holding out for Black Panther to hit the big screen, not the small screen.

M

Denzel Washington would like to play T'Challa, but you won't care for his impression of a certain Pixar movie...
    Thanks for the heads up; I don't even need to check out the link now.

M
  • Options
    That's probably wise if you're a fan @Matt :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014

That's probably wise if you're a fan @Matt :)

Its nothing about being a fan or not. Glad to hear Denzel would like to play Black Panther (though if think he's a little too old), which you posted. Whether he praises or (unnecessarily) mocks a Pixar character or the company doesn't interest me. I just don't care about Pixar. No need to waste my time hearing/reading about it.

Truthfully, unless its for my wife or daughter, I normally don't waste my time with things that don't interest me. Whether its good or bad.

M
  • Options
    Yes, I know exactly how you feel.
  • Options
    denzel's too old, but he can play the dad? and the one who dies in the first 15 minutes of the film?
  • Options
    I agree. Denzel as T'Chaka would be pretty cool.

(I always thought Michael B. Jordan would make an awesome Black Panther ... damn that FF reboot!)
  • Options
    Here's a radical idea... how about an African actor?
  • Options
    Even more radical. How about a Latino?
  • Options

Even more radical. How about a Latino?

That's not radical, that's reactionary...
    :D