Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Here Comes the Inhumans Movie?!?!

http://www.slashfilm.com/vin-diesel-inhumans-tease/

"Vin Diesel
Vin and Marvel... you all made it happen!

I get the strange feeling that Marvel thinks I'm Inhuman... Haha."

i rather see Black Panther or Doctor Strange!!!

Comments

• Options
    Groot aside, I'd guess playing a mute (by choice) superhero is the perfect Marvel role for him. :-)
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    yeah... vin's acting ability leaves something to be desired... except when he's a tree or a robot...

i know next to nothing about the Inhumans... time to read up!

YOWZA!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    bamfbamf said:

yeah... vin's acting ability leaves something to be desired... except when he's a tree or a robot...

YOWZA!

All the cgi hair in the world wouldn't be able to drag my eyes from her true "super powers."

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Groot aside, I'd guess playing a mute (by choice) superhero is the perfect Marvel role for him. :-)

bamfbamf said:

Horseshit.

Once again, the quality of the performance and the quality of the project is confused.

Vin Diesel is a decent actor. He's just usually cast in crappy films. Watch him in Saving Private Ryan, he's quite good.

I think if he's cast as Black Bolt, his charm will be on par with Chris Pratt's, despite the lack of clever dialogue.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    bamfbamf said:

YOWZA!

I'll watch anything my beloved Ms. Hendricks is in. ANYTHING.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    WetRats said:

bamfbamf said:

Horseshit.

Once again, the quality of the performance and the quality of the project is confused.

Vin Diesel is a decent actor. He's just usually cast in crappy films. Watch him in Saving Private Ryan, he's quite good.

I think if he's cast as Black Bolt, his charm will be on par with Chris Pratt's, despite the lack of clever dialogue.

I agree. Diesel only needs a good script and good director. He could have played Draxx as well as Batista if they'd have let him.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I'd be all over an Inhumans movie. It's weird, just a couple of years ago it looked like Marvel was going to end the cosmic line entirely with the cancelation of Guardians and Nova to be replaced only by the bad Defenders book. I felt like I was the only person in the world still interested in Marvel cosmic. And now? Mainstream movies, cosmic is front and center in the comics....

But we can't get a Wonder Woman movie.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    There might be a marvel movie every two months at the pace their talking about doing new projects and I LOVE IT!
  • Options
    I dont know anything about the inhumans, any suggested reading list?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,616

WetRats said:

bamfbamf said:

Horseshit.

I agree. Diesel only needs a good script and good director. He could have played Draxx as well as Batista if they'd have let him.
    Vin Diesel is great in Boiler Room.
  • Options
    Sonofthor said:

I don't know if there's an Essential Inhumans trade or not, but I'd suggest finding their first appearances by Lee and Kirby in Fantastic Four -- I don't recall offhand which issues or in which trades they've been collected -- and then get the Marvel Masterworks collection which collects their first series as a back-up in Thor (still by Lee & Kirby), a Medusa solo story by Archie Goodwin and Gene Colan, and their second series (from Amazing Adventures) by various creators (Jack Kirby, Roy Thomas, Neal Adams, Mike Sekowsky).

Those will give you a grounding on their origins and place in the classic Marvel Universe before you get into the more recent appearances.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    AxelBrass said:

There might be a marvel movie every two months at the pace their talking about doing new projects and I LOVE IT!

We all owe Kevin Feige a great deal for churning out so many quality movies over such a period.

I hope the bubble doesn't burst anytime soon.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited August 2014
    Sonofthor said:

In all seriousness ... I'd go with Wikipedia. I took a multi-decade break from comics and Wikipedia has been invaluable to me in catching up.

• Options
    Also, the recent "Inhumanity" storyline ("Inhumanity," "Inhumanity: Awakening," and "Inhuman") would make a convenient jumping on point.
  • Options

Sonofthor said:

I don't know if there's an Essential Inhumans trade or not, but I'd suggest finding their first appearances by Lee and Kirby in Fantastic Four -- I don't recall offhand which issues or in which trades they've been collected -- and then get the Marvel Masterworks collection which collects their first series as a back-up in Thor (still by Lee & Kirby), a Medusa solo story by Archie Goodwin and Gene Colan, and their second series (from Amazing Adventures) by various creators (Jack Kirby, Roy Thomas, Neal Adams, Mike Sekowsky).

Those will give you a grounding on their origins and place in the classic Marvel Universe before you get into the more recent appearances.
    Thank you, My coworkers and friends rely on me to know about all these characters, they dont know that I have to do a tone of research sometimes lol
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

Sonofthor said:

I've been begging for an Inhumans Essential for years! The early FF appearances and first series would fit perfect in the Essentials format. A no-brainer for Marvel... instead we get Dazzler.
  • Options
    Hex said:

I've been begging for an Inhumans Essential for years! The early FF appearances and first series would fit perfect in the Essentials format. A no-brainer for Marvel... instead we get Dazzler.

Agreed.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited August 2014

Sonofthor said:

In all seriousness ... I'd go with Wikipedia. I took a multi-decade break from comics and Wikipedia has been invaluable to me in catching up.

Be careful stating that...some people around here find that method to be blasphemy. You'll end up on the naughty list!

M
  • Options
    Full run of the 70's 12 issue series on ebay here
  • Options
    I’ve been thinking a lot about how Marvel launched the Inhuman stuff, and it really feels like they stumbled out of the gate and haven’t recovered. They built up that this would be a big deal, with special covers, and massive tie-ins and spinning out of Infinity, but then they couldn’t come to terms with matt Fraction, and things just….didn’t happen.

I was looking forward to it, simply because I feel it’s one of Kirby’s untapped ideas at Marvel, and most times when they use the Inhumans, they fall back on the old “Maximus the Mad has taken over!” story, which was tired by the time they got their own series in the 70’s. It’s SUCH a rich setup, and so many interesting characters, but it’s almost as if it is cursed, since every time they get a series, it falls apart going back to the solo run in Amazing Adventures being by Kirby…and he went ahead and signed with DC as he was working on it.

They may have to do something big to get people to pay attention if they are really going to launch the characters.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Sonofthor said:

I'm pretty sure the Essential line is dead.

WHICH MAKES ME MAD!!!!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,616

WHICH MAKES ME MAD!!!!

I don't like that the Essential Line is pretty much dead, but I wouldn't mind seeing an Epic Collection of the Inhumans. They are more expensive than Essentials, but you can't find color reprints for much cheaper.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited August 2014

WHICH MAKES ME MAD!!!!

I hear you. I LOVE the Essentials, can't beat the bang for the buck. If it comes out in Essentials, I'll pretty much buy it. Essentials was tailored just for me, most of the line was stuff that was out just before (or at the beginning) of my getting into Marvel. Can't get enough of them... and I (almost) prefer the black and white format, especially for the Kirby and Ditko stuff.

I was really wanting Marvel to release Essentials for;
    Inhumans
    Nick Fury - Agent of SHIELD
    Eternals (although I got tired of waiting and bought the Omnibus a while back).
    Champions

• Options

WHICH MAKES ME MAD!!!!

DITTO!

• Options
    Matt said:

Be careful stating that...some people around here find that method to be blasphemy. You'll end up on the naughty list!

M

Well, it's not like I read Wikipedia entries in advance of seeing a movie ...

:-)

• Options

Matt said:

M

Well, it's not like I read Wikipedia entries in advance of seeing a movie ...

:-)

Or read the novel before seeing the movie.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Or read the novel before seeing the movie.

M

Touche'!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm still trying to figure out how @Pants somehow manages to watch ANY comic movie trailers and avoid all spoilers. Does he close his eyes and plug his ears in the theater the moment he realizes it's a trailer for a comic property? Admirable or odd, it's proven to be effective I suppose.
  • Options

I'm still trying to figure out how @Pants somehow manages to watch ANY comic movie trailers and avoid all spoilers. Does he close his eyes and plug his ears in the theater the moment he realizes it's a trailer for a comic property? Admirable or odd, it's proven to be effective I suppose.

As someone who had seen a movie or two with him; yes he does. He's virtually in a mental deprivation tank!

M