Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

October Previews - What'cha Gettin'?

Here's the monthly order as it stands - it's small but it's fierce!

DC Stuff
AME COMI GIRLS TP VOL 03 EARTH IN CRISIS - This series kinda fizzled out and I'm bummed we never got a Starfire figure out of it so I could have completed my Teen Titans set (They made Robin, Wonder Girl and Raven! No love for Kory?). Considering it was designed to promote statues and toys it was surprisingly well written with great artwork.
SUPERGIRL #37 DARWYN COOKE VAR ED - The only Cooke variant I'm picking up. May drop as the artwork will likely show up in the trade.
SUPERGIRL TP VOL 05 RED DAUGHTER OF KRYPTON - And speaking of trades. I wasn't a fan of this concept when I heard about it, but some people I trust who've read it said it was actually pretty good.
SUPERMAN EARTH ONE HC VOL 03 - First two volumes of this were great. Hope J. Michael and co. can keep it going.
INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US TP VOL 02 - For a book based off a video game, this thing just blew my mind.

Manga Stuff
CERTAIN SCIENTIFIC RAILGUN GN VOL 10 - a book about junior high school girls and surprisingly it's NOT the most pervy thing on the list this month.
MASTER KEATON GN VOL 01 - No debate. Urasawa title. Must be purchased.
DOROHEDORO GN VOL 14 (MR) - Still the best book nobody's reading.

Other Stuff
SALLY OF THE WASTELAND HC - Got to review a preview of the first issue. Good enough to warrant getting the full story.
SUNSTONE OGN (MR) - THIS is the most pervy thing I'm picking up this month! :) A deviantartist makes good with a fun comic about love, BSDM, and relationships. No, it's not what you're thinking. Yes it kinda is. :)
COMPLETE ELFQUEST TP VOL 02 - Still mired deep in Vol. 1 and loving every page of it.
VAMPIRELLA ARCHIVES HC VOL 11 - I will not stop picking this up...I look forward to the day when I can sit and read them all.
WICKED & DIVINE TP VOL 01 THE FAUST ACT - Heard good things and it's only $6 through DCBS.

Toy Stuff
POP GOTG DANCING GROOT VINYL FIG - Me and every other person on the planet. This is actually for the wife.
POP NFL DREW BREES VINYL FIG - THIS ones for me, though. Who dat?

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635
    edited October 2014
    Dark Horse
    Usagi Yojimibo Saga vol 2 - @Torchsong you might as well get this, then you can apologize to Stan too.
    Complete Elfquest vol 2

DC
    Superman Earth One vol 3 - I always miss these earth one books when I scroll though the DCBS spreadsheet

IDW
    Ghostbusters vol 9

Black Science vol 2
    Saga vol 4
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Usagi is another one I've always wanted to start...but one (or three) at a time! My dollars are torn between Elves, Vampirella and the Legion of Super-heroes these days! :)
  • BOOM!
    Capture Creatures #2

Dark Horse
    1 For $1 Mind MGMT #1
    Ghost Fleet #2

DC
    Animal Man TP Vol. 1
    Justice League 3000 #12
    Justice League Dark #37
    Trinity Of Sin #3

Dynamite
    Django Zorro #2
    Twilight Zone #12

IDW
    Star Trek Planet Of The Apes #1

Aqua Leung GN Vol. 1
    Bitch Planet #1
    Humans #2
    ODYC #2
    Saga TP Vol. 3
    Saga TP Vol. 4
    Shutter TP Vol. 1

Marvel
    All-New X-Factor #17 & #18
    All-New X-Men #36
    Cyclops #8
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635
    Torchsong said:

Usagi is another one I've always wanted to start...but one (or three) at a time! My dollars are torn between Elves, Vampirella and the Legion of Super-heroes these days! :)

You need to go ahead and write a tear-stained apology note on your wife's good stationary to Mr. Sakai, because that is how you are going to feel for ignoring these collections.
    You should at least think about getting volume 1 of Usagi Saga to read after you finish volume 1 of the Elves. But hey I won't judge you for missing out on comics you know are going to be excellent.
  • CREEPY ARCHIVES HC VOL 21: Yes, I understand that Creepy and Eeerie werent’ as good during the Bill DuBay era, but it’s still cheaper than buying the back issues, a beautiful format and I do like horror anthology stuff. I missed out on a LOT of these when I wasn’t making enough money to buy hardcovers, and they rarely show up as discounted, but I will put these runs together at some point.

SHOWCASE PRESENTS BLUE BEETLE TP: Yes, I have all of these in a box somewhere, but I love the Showcase format and it’ll be fun to have thse in a big book I can read easily., Len Wein and Paris Cullins doing fun super-hero stuff!

ARCHIE 1000 PG COMICS MEGA DIGEST TP
    WORLD OF ARCHIE JUMBO COMICS DIGEST #46: I like the BIG Archie digests. HOURS of reading, usually going back to the 50’s for a very cheap price. Great for a quiet afternoon’s read..

SIMON & KIRBY HC LIBRARY SCIENCE FICTION: Another one I missed while looking for a job. It’s Kirby, come on!

BACK ISSUE #78:
    COMIC BOOK CREATOR #7 (C: 0-1-1): While I am starting to feel a bit unnerved by some of the actions TwoMorrows has been involved with lately, I do still love their magazines and buy them all.
  • Torchsong said:

Well...you don't have to spend a lot of dollars on the Legion....
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2014
    Torchsong said:

POP NFL DREW BREES VINYL FIG - THIS ones for me, though. Who dat?

I'm going to get the Adrian Peterson one so I can take a switch to it and feel like a big man.

Torchsong said:

True. The Vampis I'm buying are those massive archive editions from Dynamite. I'm not getting through them as fast as they're putting them out but I'm trying! :)
  • Torchsong said:

Torchsong said:

True. The Vampis I'm buying are those massive archive editions from Dynamite. I'm not getting through them as fast as they're putting them out but I'm trying! :)
    I will probably go back and get those, but I'm not in a rush, as they didn't have any issues edited by Archie Goodwin if I remember right. Some good Filipino art in the 70's, though. I always loved that influx of the Filipino artists in horror comics at DC and Warren.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    New books getting added to my list...

Garbage Pail Kids - a blast from the past I can't pass up!
    The Valiant - Loving Valiant at the moment after picking up the Humble Bundle. Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt - SOLD!

Torchsong said:

Torchsong said:

I will probably go back and get those, but I'm not in a rush, as they didn't have any issues edited by Archie Goodwin if I remember right. Some good Filipino art in the 70's, though. I always loved that influx of the Filipino artists in horror comics at DC and Warren.
    What's amazed me is the artwork throughout. You don't see stuff like this much anymore...at least not on this level. The very first issue had some hack named Neal Adams doing a story. I dunno...he may make something of himself if he buckles down and focuses on his art.