Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Big Hero 6 | Movie News

2»

Comments

• Options
    My son (10) and I really enjoyed it. Since this was not a Marvel film I don't think folks thought to stay. We were the only two in what was a nice crowd during a Lions game to stay for the credits. I wonder if Disney will do a TV show like How to Train Your Dragon? This would be tailor-made for TV.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Incredibly fun movie!
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Took my boys to see it today. Really really good movie. We loved it.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    My wife and I tried to catch it Saturday but it was, I kid you not, sold out.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    $56.2 million for the weekend if I saw that right.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I actually want to see this!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I took our 8 and 10 year old and they both loved it. I liked it but I actually enjoyed the short before the movie more.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Hated it.

Excuse me people but Honey Lemon was a special operative for the government with extensive training in tactics and martial arts, not some hippie-dippy nerdcore stringbean!

(This is how stupid most nerds sound when bitching about a comic book movie.) :)
    (Actual review follows).

Loved every minute of it. Buying the DVD day one. Absolutely a fun movie for all ages and levels of fandom. Marvel does it again - while DC still tries to figure out how to make Wonder Woman accessible to all audiences, Marvel gives us a robot balloon. :)
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Hated it.

Excuse me people but Honey Lemon was a special operative for the government with extensive training in tactics and martial arts, not some hippie-dippy nerdcore stringbean!

(This is how stupid most nerds sound when bitching about a comic book movie.) :)
    (Actual review follows).

Loved every minute of it. Buying the DVD day one. Absolutely a fun movie for all ages and levels of fandom. Marvel does it again - while DC still tries to figure out how to make Wonder Woman accessible to all audiences, Marvel gives us a robot balloon. :)

Whoa ... your post was the best plot twist since "The Sixth Sense!" LOL!

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Saw it yesterday with my wife, our two girls (9 & 6), and my brother and sister in-law. Everyone emphatically gave it two thumbs up. Big Hero 6 ticks off all the boxes for a great movie... great action, great characters, fun humour and tugs at the heart strings. Not to mention beautifully rendered. Needless to say Baymax wins hands down for animated character of the year.

My elder daughter's only complaint was that too much was given away in the trailers and that her friends, who had already seen the film, spoiled it for her (damn those spoilers).

My wife's only complaint was that the asian characters were too "anglicized".

Can't wait to get the DVD. I'm sure there are a TON of easter eggs crammed into the overly rich backgrounds. Spotted Black Talon, Orca, and Sleepwalker action figures (statues?) in Fred's bedroom.

Disney (and Marvel) deserve to make buckets of money from this latest outing.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I saw Orca and a Hydra statue...I don't remember much of that actual scene because I kept scanning the background. :)
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    edited November 2014
    this is a funny short film starring Ryan Potter, the voice of Hiro

http://youtu.be/XGkdUEHa7sI
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Oh and did everyone else notice the pseudo Stan Lee cameo?
  • Options
    batlaw said:

Oh and did everyone else notice the pseudo Stan Lee cameo?

Hopefully, you stuck around for the post credits...
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Saw it last night with our 12 yr old son and a buddy of his... we loved it. None of us had much of a clue as to what it was about except that it had a good rating on Rotten Tomatoes and that it was loosely based on a comic book.

Humor, action, and heart. I even got choked up a couple of times!