Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Divergence and new titles to follow Convergence in June

Via CBR here.

Also, no more New 52 branding.

And they say there will be a focus on story over continuity.

Comments

• Options
    Here's the official listing of ongoing and new titles from DC.

New Titles

Batman Beyond W: Dan Jurgens
    A: Bernard Chang
    Bat-Mite (6-issue limited) W: Dan Jurgens
    A: Corin Howell
    Bizarro (6-issue limited) W: Heath Corson
    A: Gustavo Duarte
    Black Canary W: Brenden Fletcher
    A: Annie Wu & Irene Koh
    Constantine: The Hellblazer W: Ming Doyle
    A: Riley Rossmo
    Cyborg W: David Walker
    A: Ivan Reis
    Dark Universe W: James Tynion IV
    A: Ming Doyle
    Green Lantern: Lost Army W: Cullen Bunn
    A: Jesus Saiz & Javi Pina
    Doomed W: Scott Lobdell
    A: Javier Fernandez
    Earth 2: Society W: Daniel Wilson
    A: Jorge Jimenez
    Dr. Fate W: Paul Levitz
    A: Sonny Liew
    Harley Quinn/Power Girl (6-issue limited) W: Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner
    A: Stephane Roux
    Justice League of America W: Bryan Hitch
    A: Bryan Hitch
    Justice League 3001 W: Keith Giffen
    A: Howard Porter
    Martian Manhunter W: Rob Williams
    A: Ben Oliver
    Midnighter W: Steve Orlando
    A: ACO
    Mystic U W: Alisa Kwitney
    A: Stay tuned for artist info!
    Omega Men W: Tom King
    A: Alec Morgan
    Prez W: Mark Russell
    A: Ben Caldwell
    Red Hood/Arsenal W: Scott Lobdell
    A: Denis Medri
    Robin, Son of Batman W: Patrick Gleason
    A: Patrick Gleason
    Section Eight (6-issue limited) W: Garth Ennis
    A: John McCrea
    Starfire W: Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner
    A: Emanuela Lupacchino
    We Are Robin W: Lee Bermejo
    A: Khary Randolph

Ongoing Titles

Action Comics W: Greg Pak
    A: Aaron Kuder
    Aquaman W: Cullen Bunn
    A: Trevor McCarthy
    Batgirl W: Cameron Stewart & Brenden Fletcher
    A: Babs Tarr
    Batman W: Scott Snyder
    A: Greg Capullo
    Detective Comics W; Brian Buccelato & Francis Manapul
    A: Francis Manapul
    Batman/Superman W: Greg Pak
    A: Ardian Syaf
    Catwoman W: Genevieve Valentine
    A: David Messina
    Deathstroke W: Tony S. Daniel
    A: Tony S. Daniel
    The Flash W: Robert Venditti & Van Jensen
    A: Brett Booth
    Gotham Academy W: Becky Cloonan & Brenden Fletcher
    A: Karl Kerschl
    Gotham By Midnight W: Ray Fawkes
    A: Juan Ferreyra
    Grayson W: Tom King & Tim Seeley
    A: Mikel Janin
    Green Arrow W: Ben Percy
    A: Zircher
    Green Lantern W: Robert Venditti
    A: Billy Tan
    Harley Quinn W: Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner
    A: Chad Hardin
    Justice League W: Geoff Johns
    A: Jason Fabok
    Justice League United W:Stay tuned for creative team info!
    A:
    Lobo W: Cullen Bunn
    A: Cliff Richards
    Secret Six W: Gail Simone
    A: Dale Eaglesham
    Sinestro W: Cullen Bunn
    A: Bradley Walker
    New Suicide Squad W: Sean Ryan
    A: Carlos D'Anda
    Superman W: Gene Luen Yang
    A: John Romita, Jr.
    Superman/Wonder Woman W: Peter J. Tomasi
    A: Doug Mahnke
    Teen Titans W: Will Pfeifer
    A: Kenneth Rocafort
    Wonder Woman W: Meredith Finch
    A: David Finch

And Bleeding Comics has given us the therefore cancelled books here.

Earth 2
    Justice League Dark
    Justice League 3000
    Supergirl
    Batman And Robin
    Red Hood And The Outlaws
    Green Lantern Corps
    Star Spangled War Stories
    Infinity Man And The Forever People
    Secret Origins
    Red Lanterns
    Swamp Thing
    Futures End
    World’s End
    Aquaman And The Others
    Klarion
    Trinity Of Sin
    Batwoman
    World’s Finest
    Arkham Manor
    Batman Eternal
    Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Three
  • Options
    They are also dropping the "New 52". I wonder if there will be a new branding.

And I am SO DOWN with Section 8. The new DCU has a deep need of Baytor!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Baytor/Groot crossover needs to happen. A whole book of nothing but "I am Baytor" and "I am Groot".

Like the artwork I saw for the Starfire book, so I may be picking it up. Hitch on JLA will also be worth a look.

The big news? OMEGA MEN!
  • Options
    @Adam_Murdough should be sad to get a Bizarro mini-series.
  • Options
    Bizarro (6-issue limited)
    Whoa!
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    These two catch my eye.

Harley Quinn/Power Girl (6-issue limited) W: Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner
    A: Stephane Roux
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Baytor/Groot crossover needs to happen. A whole book of nothing but "I am Baytor" and "I am Groot".

Mix in Game of Thrones: I am Groot! Baytor! Hodor!

And yes, we had that joke on our podcast about a month ago.
  • Options
    rebis said:

This one. For me.

Batman Inc. for Robin.
  • Options

Dr. Fate W: Paul Levitz
    A: Sonny Liew
    Mystic U W: Alisa Kwitney
    A: Stay tuned for artist info!

I'll definitely give Dr. Fate a shot. One of my favorite characters (the first two versions anyway), a good writer, and an artist whose work I love.

Also, the artist for Mystic U is a Belgian artist I've known for a few years, Mauricet. He's very good, and I think this will be his first American work.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    OK.

If they actually mean it about abandoning one big convoluted DCU in favor of books that stand on their own, I will be thrilled.

Bizarro!

Bat-Mite!

Prez!

I hope the presence of so many 6-issue limited series means they are gonna be revamping/improving their trade paperback system.
  • Options
    Will Pick up/Check out
    Black Canary
    Justice League of America
    Omega Men
    Section Eight
    Starfire

Will Continue to Read/Support:
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Gotham Academy
    Harley Quinn
    Justice League

Will Miss Reading:
    Earth 2
    Supergirl
    Swamp Thing
    Batwoman
    Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Three
  • Options
    @Torchsong: I thought there was a new Earth 2 book announced.
  • Options
    Dr. Fate, Starfire, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Bat Mite & Bizarro. Have my vote. Whatever this "Dark Universe" thing is has me curious.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Torchsong said:

The big news? OMEGA MEN!

YES!

...now if only I could get an ongoing Metal Men
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I hope the presence of so many 6-issue limited series means they are gonna be revamping/improving their trade paperback system.

I hope so as well. They have REALLY let their trade department go to hell, other than the Showcases.

• Options
    (I'm just going to copy and paste here what I've been saying on FB re:my thoughts on this.)

The New 52 was crap. It was SUCCESSFUL crap. But crap. It wasn't MEANT for us and it never was. (Just look at the way loyal DC fans have been dropping like flies since it started.) What I think is happening is that DC has been riding the wave of events and popular series (such as Snyders Batman and others) and now that they're so many odd years in, the amount of traditional DC fans that have left is leaving them with the "new readers" they gained from the initial relaunch...and that's not enough to support them. So they do Convergence, "Hey look at the old DC stuff you remember and love! It's here for you to check out a little! You interested?! huh!??!" and we were. So they went, "Hmmm, so how do we get those old fans back?"....This is their answer. Or step one of their answer.

I think DC is starting to feel the blowback too from treating their talent badly early on in the New 52. It's the same scenario I thought of when the economy tanked. I was working in retail at the time and they kept changing our pay structure, how much we were paid, our benefits, our hours, etc. OVER and OVER again and we were expected to take it because, "You're lucky to have a job." And I told myself, "You just wait. The second the economy bounces back, these people are going to remember how SHITTY they were treated and just leave." Low and behold, it happened. (I worked at Garden Ridge...which is now, after a SERIES of changes due to internal turmoil, "At Home") Same with DC. They treated their talent like shit with the excuse of, "Uh you're lucky to be getting THIS level of exposure." and now things are slowing down for them. They want to boost up interest and sales...but they burned too many bridges. So they're trying as much as they can with the only people they can. Because everyone else is very "fuck DC" right now (in terms of creators).
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Garth Ennis (with McCrea) back at DC? I think this is the first time that has happened since The Boys got dumped by DC Wildstorm. (There may have been a Hitman special that got published after that, but I think it had been in the can for ages). I don't know what a Section 8 is, but I will definitely get that.
  • Options
    David_D said:

Garth Ennis (with McCrea) back at DC? I think this is the first time that has happened since The Boys got dumped by DC Wildstorm. (There may have been a Hitman special that got published after that, but I think it had been in the can for ages). I don't know what a Section 8 is, but I will definitely get that.

Well, Section 8 might refer to one of two things: part of the Housing Act of 1937, or that thing Klinger was always trying to get in order to get out of the Korean War—a military discharge for someone mentally unfit for duty.

I know which term I'm betting on.
  • Options

David_D said:

Well, Section 8 might refer to one of two things: part of the Housing Act of 1937, or that thing Klinger was always trying to get in order to get out of the Korean War—a military discharge for someone mentally unfit for duty.

Don't forget the famous caveat to Section 8: Catch 22.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm missing Swamp Thing. Would've really liked somethin Shazam/Marvel Family related too.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

Don't forget the famous caveat to Section 8: Catch 22.
    Well, yeah, Catch-22 is obviously the villain of the series.
  • Options
    David_D said:

I don't know what a Section 8 is, but I will definitely get that.

Section Eight was group of "assassins" who frequented the bar Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan hung out at. Two major members of the group were Baytor - a strange all-mouth creature that walked around screaming "I am Baytor" as his only means of communication - and Dogwelder - who, yes, defeated his foes by welding dogs onto their bodies. It was Ennis at his finest.

Also, Dogwelder would make a great name for a rock band.

Also Also @WetRats , I think they are introducing a NEW Earth 2 book focusing on the Justice Society...but cancelling the existing one. Probably not a huge shift or anything...

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Torchsong said:

Also Also @WetRats , I think they are introducing a NEW Earth 2 book focusing on the Justice Society...but cancelling the existing one. Probably not a huge shift or anything...

I presumed it was akin to Justice League 3000 becoming Justice League 3001 and Batman & Robin becoming Robin, Son of Batman.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

David_D said:

Section Eight was group of "assassins" who frequented the bar Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan hung out at. Two major members of the group were Baytor - a strange all-mouth creature that walked around screaming "I am Baytor" as his only means of communication - and Dogwelder - who, yes, defeated his foes by welding dogs onto their bodies. It was Ennis at his finest.

Don't forget Bueno Excellente who defeated his foes with the power of perversion.

Bueno.....
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

Torchsong said:

David_D said:

Don't forget Bueno Excellente who defeated his foes with the power of perversion.

Bueno.....
    For those on the forums that haven't read Hitman it is a great series. My all time favorite ennis work.
  • Options
    For me, saying a series is my all-time favorite Ennis work is like saying getting poked in the eye is my all-time favorite Three Stooges manuever I'd want to have done to me.

No, wait, I did like “Dangerous Habits,” which would be more like a shaving cream pie to the face than a poke to the eye.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

Via CBR here.

Also, no more New 52 branding.

And they say there will be a focus on story over continuity.

They were not really focusing on either story or continutity before, so I guess this is an improvement.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
  • Options

For me, saying a series is my all-time favorite Ennis work is like saying getting poked in the eye is my all-time favorite Three Stooges manuever I'd want to have done to me.

No, wait, I did like “Dangerous Habits,” which would be more like a shaving cream pie to the face than a poke to the eye.

His stuff tends to be more grotesque that I enjoy.

He is a genuinely talented, skilled and creative writer, but he's just not writing for me in most cases.

(Yes, "Dangerous Habits" was brilliant. And not gross.)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Wow Cullen Bunn is writing 4 books...two of which are Lantern books! YAY! (He better not be leaving Magneto...)
  • Options
    Corwin said:

Wow Cullen Bunn is writing 4 books...two of which are Lantern books! YAY! (He better not be leaving Magneto...)

I don't think Magneto is continuing post-Secret Wars.