Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Who are the most prominent Marvel and DC characters to have never had a solo series?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

rebis said:

Totally understandable. I have a hard time keeping all the various Spider-Women and Scarcrows straight.

Not to mention the Iron Men, Spider-Men, Captain Americas, Thors, Ms Marvels and Captain Marvels.

Thank God DC has never had problems like that!
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275

Plus there was this series from the 1970s. I've got a few issues of it in my collection:

I don't think I have EVER heard of that character lol
  • Options
    Really? It's Adam Warlock. He's a long time "Marvel cosmic" character and an associate member (if that's a thing) of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited March 2015
    I can understand not knowing Adam Warlock. I know who he is, but he is a bit niche. Sure, he was a cult hit in the 70s, but was also off the board for a long time. And if you didn't read Infinity Gauntlet or some of the related series or minis that followed in the '90s, he was easy to miss.

Heck, I've been reading Marvel since the early 80s, and I know I read Infinity Gauntlet when it came out, and was reading Silver Surfer at the time, and I don't think I can remember a single scene that Warlock was in. I recognize him, but I don't really remember his "voice" if you know what i mean. I remember what Thanos was like from IG, but Warlock didn't leave a big impression on me. I mostly thought of him as "that 70s cosmic character". Since then I've learned that he made a big impression in his initial time, but when I was getting to know the Marvel Universe in the 80s, he didn't seem to be getting referenced very much.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    And for the uninitiated, Warlock first appeared 'way back when in this issue of the FF... when he was known simply as "Him"...

...and then went on to have a brief altercation with Thor...

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    There's a very good chance that more people will learn about Adam Warlock in the coming years, if there's any veracity to this report.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

There's a very good chance that more people will learn about Adam Warlock in the coming years, if there's any veracity to this report.

Man. Those are two guys who must do a LOT of squat lifts together. It's funny how the exaggerated muscularity of many (most?) superheroes really comes through when they are in statue form.
  • Options
    Sorry. I was just joking to amuse myself. Trust me. I KNOW who Adam is. :P
  • Options
    LOL! Ah, okay. I was thinking he was kind of a known quantity, esp. given the renewed GotG interest, but wasn't sure.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    bats00 said:

Yes, I found it hard to believe that the guy who hosts the world renowned Resurrections - An Adam Warlock and Thanos Podcast would not know who Adam Warlock is.

• Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

<
    Yes, I found it hard to believe that the guy who hosts the world renowned Resurrections - An Adam Warlock and Thanos Podcast would not know who Adam Warlock is.

LOL! Okay, so basically I'm an idiot.

(Hafta figure my notifications blow up with "agrees" on this one)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Mr_Cosmic said:

bats00 said:

That's a real podcast?

Say hello to a new subscriber!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Sure is! It was originally a podcast focusing on Warlock but he's now included Thanos.
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words guys! But I don't want to be cause of hijacking the post. So who else is there? I mean there is a Squirrel Girl ongoing now. Is anyone left?
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    G'nort has never had a series, to my recollection...