Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Hey Ladies!

I'm new to the forums and was curious if there were any other gals roaming around these parts. (Not that I'm anti all the lovely gents on the boards, just reaching out.) If so, what was your first comic/what are you reading and loving these days?

Mine:
Green Lantern #23 Threat of the Tattooed Man / Recently started C.O.W.L and digging it.

Comments

• Options
    JulienaeJulienae Posts: 23
    mwhitt80 said:

I'm not sure if anyone has welcomed you yet. So welcome to the forums @julieane; anyone who posts a picture with uncle sal is welcomed addition.

Also not trying to jack your ladies thread but you needed to be welcomed

Thank you! All are welcome on the thread, but the crickets from the females is concerning...
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Well we have @grannygeekness that pops up like candyman when you say her name, but the females have been a little sparse on the forums. All voices are welcome so have fun.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I miss @little_witch. :(

Welcome to the family, @Julienae!
  • Options
    Hey, maybe I should change my name to Candyman. Ummm....it's a little hard to remember my first comic, but probably Richie Rich. Right now, I'm reading and loving Saga, Gotham Academy, Grayson, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Omega Men. And welcome, it's good to see another woman here!
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    Julienae said:

I'm new to the forums and was curious if there were any other gals roaming around these parts. (Not that I'm anti all the lovely gents on the boards, just reaching out.) If so, what was your first comic/what are you reading and loving these days?

Mine:
    Green Lantern #23 Threat of the Tattooed Man / Recently started C.O.W.L and digging it.

The first Silver Age comic book I ever purchased was Green Lantern #23. Respect.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited July 2015
    Welcome, @Julienae!

I'd love to see more female representation in here simply to hear more diversity in voices. (I'm not a creep. I'm happily married. Ugh... this now sounds ultra creepy.) I don't know how they could do it, but it would be nice to hear the Geeks "advertise" the forums for more females or more people in general. I know they @ShaneKelly does his usual blurb at the end of each show, but I think we have a wonderful, polite (for the most part), and welcoming community in this corner of the interwebs and just wish more people knew about it.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451

I thought this was going to be a Jerry Lewis thread.

photo 678259_zpsputhx67i.jpg

• Options
    kiwijase said:

photo 678259_zpsputhx67i.jpg

Excuse me, Mr. Ethnic Guy, if you pull the trigger on that machine cannon while holding it that way, you will break your wrist and shoot your feet off.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

Funny thing is... I thought the same thing!
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

Funny thing is... I thought the same thing!
    I thought it was going to be about this guy.
  • Options
    JulienaeJulienae Posts: 23
    fredzilla said:

Welcome, @Julienae!

I'd love to see more female representation in here simply to hear more diversity in voices. (I'm not a creep. I'm happily married. Ugh... this now sounds ultra creepy.) I don't know how they could do it, but it would be nice to hear the Geeks "advertise" the forums for more females or more people in general. I know they @ShaneKelly does his usual blurb at the end of each show, but I think we have a wonderful, polite (for the most part), and welcoming community in this corner of the interwebs and just wish more people knew about it.

Thanks! I totally agree, everyone has been so welcoming and polite. And sorry all for the misleading thread title - I was thinking more Beastie Boys. :)

• Options
    Julienae said:

Thanks! I totally agree, everyone has been so welcoming and polite. And sorry all for the misleading thread title - I was thinking more Beastie Boys. :)

Ah! Unfamiliar reference... which was why I defaulted to Jerry Lewis. Never mind; carry on.
  • Options

Julienae said:

Ah! Unfamiliar reference... which was why I defaulted to Jerry Lewis. Never mind; carry on.
    Come on Chuck my 18 month old knows that one ;)

Just kidding she hasn't listened to Paul Boutique yet. Now if this was a Sabotage reference she would already be running out the door playing chase.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Julienae said:

(shrug) I don't listen to rap, and, apart from the iconic line, "Fight for your right to party", I know absolutely nothing about the Beastie Boys repertoire... apart from having heard twenty seconds of the aforementioned number which only served to hasten my distance from their material altogether.
  • Options
    We love you anyway chuck.
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

Julienae said:

(shrug) I don't listen to rap, and, apart from the iconic line, "Fight for your right to party", I know absolutely nothing about the Beastie Boys repertoire... apart from having heard twenty seconds of the aforementioned number which only served to hasten my distance from their material altogether.
    OTOH, your lawn is completely unpopulated.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

OTOH, your lawn is completely unpopulated.

Derned kids anyway!