Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

December Solicits Are Out! (October Previews) | What Looks Good?

Comments

• Options
    Well I have to say that BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #1 is certainly an eye catcher. For me it is about the writer. I have been trumpeting James Tynion IV's writing on here for over a year. He has pulled off some fantastic work on Batman Futures End and Batman with Snyder, as well as his own stand alone on-going The Woods from Boom! and a 3 issue mini called Memetic. Considering the titles he is partnered on with Snyder and getting this title, is it safe to assume that he may be the next heir apparent to writing a Bat title on his own? I would be in!

SCARLET WITCH #1 looks interesting. Having never read it before, I might jump on here and see how it carries itself.

PATSY WALKER, AKA HELLCAT! #1 holds no interest to me storywise, but the Perez cover is awesome. The bright yellow offsetting the purple is striking, and visually pleasing.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    compsolut said:

Well I have to say that BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #1 is certainly an eye catcher.

That looks very interesting to me as well (although I've decided let you be the sole discussion leader for the book on John's podcast: )

I'm also quite interested in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Gallery Edition (which I know I cannot afford).

The 3rd volume of the Jiro Kuwata Batmanga tpb

The Star Trek: John Byrne collection

Symmetry #1 (mostly for Raff Ienco's art - I'm still miffed that Heavy Metal cancelled his Mechanism series)

And from Marvel, I'm really only interested in the Doctor Strange series and the new ongoing for Weirdworld.

Though I agree with you about the Perez cover for AKA Hellcat! - but I'm not sure that the cover is enough to make me invest in the book.
  • Options

The 3rd volume of the Jiro Kuwata Batmanga tpb

I completely missed that! Sweetness!!!

As for John's podcast - I appreciate it, but it would be great to get your audio too, you might like it from a different angle :)

• Options
    Thanks. I'll decide after we see John's picks. If he doesn't pick it, then I will.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Well, there's a new Vampirella Archives HC out...so that'll be on the list for sure.
  • Options
    Is Agent Venom an interesting character? I know 0 about him, but he looks visually very cool. Is Flash Thompson an interesting hero?

Is it worth picking up the Rick Remender Venom series? I believe that's the origin story?

https://www.comixology.com/Venom-By-Rick-Remender-Vol-1/digital-comic/26593?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL3NsaWRlckxpc3Qvc2VyaWVz
  • Options
    Very interesting stuff. Here are nearly 50 people weighing on on Agent Venom by Remender.
  • Options
    awesome thanks
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The "Damn! Another Hernia-Inducing Vampirella Archive!" Edition

DC Cray-Cray
    DC Comics Bombshells #1 *Clearance* - Planned on waiting for the trade on this one but picked up an issue and really liked the art, so I figured I'd at least get the first issue on clearance.
    Batman The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga TP Vol 03 (of 3)
    Batman Harley And Ivy Deluxe Ed HC - Potential candidate for the dump pile. But for now I'm kind of thinking I want it.

Let's Give the Seijic Family Our Paycheck
    Ravine TP Vol 01
    Sunstone Ogn Vol 04 (MR) - Seriously, if you're not reading Sunstone do yourself a favor. It's excellent, no matter what you might think of the subject matter.
    Blood Stain TP Vol 01 (MR)

Manga Mayhem
    Pandora In The Crimson Shell Ghost Urn GN Vol 03 (MR) - The Guilty Pleasure book of the order.
    My Monster Secret GN Vol 01
    Master Keaton GN Vol 05
    Dorohedoro GN Vol 17 (MR)
    Testament of Sister New Devil GN

It's Too Late For Me - Save Yourselves!
    Vampirella Archives HC Vol 13 - Thankfully we're coming close to the end of the line on this. I think maybe 3 more books and they've got the whole run complete.

Other Random Fun Stuff
    Superzero #1- In Palmiotti We Trust :)
    Sex Criminals TP Vol 03 Three The Hard Way (MR)
    Revival TP Vol 06 Thy Loyal Sons & Daughters (MR)

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Torchsong said:

The "Damn! Another Hernia-Inducing Vampirella Archive!" Edition

DC Cray-Cray
    Batman Harley And Ivy Deluxe Ed HC - Potential candidate for the dump pile. But for now I'm kind of thinking I want it.

I want to get this but I may wait to and see if it comes out in softcover.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    DC:
    Batgirl vol 1
    Showcase Presents Batman vol 6
    New Teen Titans vol 4
    Injustice Gods Among Us Y3 vol 2

Marvel:
    Thunderbolts classic vol 1
    Star Wars vol 2
    Darth Vader vol 2

Other:
    Manhattan Projects vol 6
    GI Joe RAH vol 13

The Maybes:
    House of M Warzones
    Harley Quinn's Little Back Book
    Harley & Ivy

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Eltingville Club HC
    Giganto Maxia vol 1

DK3 - 2
    Batmanga Europa - 2,3
    DCP - Robin Wars
    Batmanga vol 3
    FBP vol 4

Ghostbusters Get Real

Totally Awesome Hulk 1
    Daredevil 1
    Miracleman 5

Voltron 4
    KoDT 226
  • Options
    I wonder when the CGS Previews episode is coming out? I usually wait for my final orders until after I've listened to it along with the Comic Book Page Previews podcast
  • Options
    I know one thing there is so much I would order from previews if I could afford it all. Its very hard for me to narrow down my list to stay within my budget!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    ILLUMINATI is a poor title choice for that book. Are they trying to deceive readers or is there an actual reason a group of villains would be given that name?
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I wonder when the CGS Previews episode is coming out? I usually wait for my final orders until after I've listened to it along with the Comic Book Page Previews podcast

Excellent: http://thecomicforums.com/discussion/3565/episode-1571-talkback-previews

After listening to this episode along with the monthly ComicBookPage Previews podcast, which came out today, I can usually get my DCBS order tightened up.