Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What's the Best Marvel Crossover Event?

124»

Comments

• Options
    @shaneb ... I picked up Operation: Sin and it's not necessary to reading or understanding Original Sin. It was, however, pretty cool in it's own right though. It revolves around a character introduced in Original Sin and his involvement "back in the day" with Peggy Carter and Howard Stark.
  • Options
    Operation SIN is a prequel set int he 50's, with Tony Stark's dad and Peggy Carter. It's not all that good and I don't see a tie-in to the mini-series yet.
  • Options
    shanebshaneb Posts: 109
    Infinity is not exactly working out as well as I thought it might, a little to focused on the long cast of characters in Marvel Cosmic. I know that Original Sin does some of this as well, but I am such a big fan of Jason Aaron's Thor, that I have some higher hopes for it.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    i just read ORIGINAL SIN last week, man was that kind of a turd...

usually we fault cross overs for execution, but love the concept...

for this one, the concept was stupid and the execution was quite good. The Mike Deodato art was amazing. There is no way he drew this himself, he must have a staff that helps him. Plus the Jim Cheung art for issue 0 was amazing.

SPOILERS AHEAD

But the concept that one dude, Nick Fury, has been protecting the earth for decades from an alien invasion with one giant gun in a secret space station is just lame... it feels very derivative... unrealistic that no one would notice this... wtf are the Illuminati doing?... just lame concept overall... and now Bucky is the secret space defender of Earth
    ??? sorry just not buying a dude with a giant gun can protect the earth in secret...
  • Options
    Any crossover that is in a suffering title and doesn't F-up a title that is successful on its own.