Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

March Solicitation Are Out! (January Previews 2016) | What Looks Good?

Comments

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    At first pass through these, I'm interested in the following:

Lords of the Jungle #1 (Dynamite)
    Back to the Future #6 (IDW)
    Lobster Johnson: The Forgotten Man (Dark Horse)
    Rebels Volume 1: A Well-Regulated Militia tpb (Dark Horse)
    Mockingbird #1 (Marvel)
    Captain America Omnibus (New Printing)
    Wonder Woman ‘77 Special #3,
    Scooby-Doo Team-Up #15

Still combing through the solicits, though. If anyone sees March 2016 solicits for a publisher I haven't included, please provide a link to it. Thanks!
  • Waid and Samnee on Black Widow? Yes, please.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Superman Man of Steel vol 9
    Suicide Squad vol 3
    Wonder Woman 77 #3
    Batman Adventures vol 4
    Black Widow #1
    Star Wars: Vader Down tpb
    G.I. Joe vol 14

I am on the fence about the silver age Supergirl omnibus.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    The Infinity Entity
    Jim Starlin WITH ALAN DAVIS!!!!
    featuring Adam Warlock.

Just try and keep me away.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I like the look of IDW's Deviations (aka What Ifs). I'll be picking up Ghostbusters for sure.

Would have got Metal Men if it was a self contained mini, but in the Legends of Tomorrow format at $7.99 I'm out.

New Archer and Armstrong from Valiant too. Always good!
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Pretty thin for me. No Lazarus or Black Magick.

Valiant and my regular DC titles. Big item I'm seeing is the Invasion TPB.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Hex said:

The Infinity Entity
    featuring Adam Warlock.

I agree...though I'll be waiting for the collection.
    edited December 2015
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Hex said:

The Infinity Entity
    featuring Adam Warlock.

I agree...though I'll be waiting for the collection.
    Ditto to this. Excited, but will wait for it. All four issues are being solicited for this weekly, usually not a sign of confidence, but I love Alan Davis art and Jim Starlin's work.

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Expensive month for DC fans, with all those $5 #50s.
    David_D said:

Expensive month for DC fans, with all those $5 #50s.

Ouch, plus another Wonder Woman '77
    I should also mention there are some interesting new Valiant titles being solicited, and that Bloodshot Annual #1 (p437) cover is kinda cool looking...
  • In addition to my regular monthlies here are a few things that caught my eye:

Aw Yeah Comics: Action Cat! #1 (Dark Horse) - This looks like so much fun.
    Lost In Space #1 (American Gothic Press) - I'm a sucker for anything related to any Irwin Allen project. The covers I saw for this book in Previews remind me a lot of the old Innovation series which I loved as a kid.
    Pirate Penguin VS. Ninja Chicken, Book 2: Escape From Skull-Fragment Island! HC (Top Shelf/IDW)
    Scooby-Doo Team-Up #15 (DC) - The Flash and Gorilla City! I love this book!
    Thoreau: A Sublime Life HC (NBM)
    The Unmentionables (One Shot) (Big Planet/Retrofit Comics) - This is a publisher I generally try to support as often as I can as I've been impressed with the material I've bought in the past.
    I think I will look into a couple of these. Thanks @Evening639
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The Order from DCBS as it stands right now

DC Stuff

Wonder Woman 77 Special #3 - I've been loving these. Need a Drusilla/Wonder Girl episode!
    Suicide Squad TP Vol 03 Rogues *Special Discount*
    Injustice Gods Among Us Year Three TP Vol 02
    He Man The Eternity War TP Vol 02
    Batman 66 HC Vol 05

Manga Stuff
    Silent Voice GN Vol 06
    Pandora In The Crimson Shell Ghost Urn GN Vol 04 (MR)
    Nisekoi False Love GN Vol 14
    Mysterious Girlfriend X GN - This one has potential...
    My Neighbor Seki GN Vol 07
    Master Keaton GN Vol 06 Urasawa
    Ancient Magus Bride GN Vol 04

Indie Stuff
    Vampirella Vol 3 #1 - Hopes are not high given what I've read about it, but I'll give the first issue a day in court
    Superzero #4
    Rat Queens TP Vol 03 Demons (MR)
    I Hate Fairyland TP Vol 01 Madly Ever After (MR) - Been waiting for this one...

Guilty Pleasure Stuff - Look if you put Sheena or any kind of jungle girl in it, I will read/buy it...
    Lords of The Jungle #1 (of 6) Cvr A Ross
    Jungle Fantasy Vixens #1 (of 2) Sirens
    Jungle Fantasy Annual #1 Commemorative Cvr

Free Stuff!
    FCBD 2016 Rom Space Knight #0
    FCBD 2016 Oddly Normal Chapter One (Net)
    FCBD 2016 Doctor Who Special (Net)
    FCBD 2016 2000 Ad Special (Net)
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635
    DC
    DK3 #4
    Suicide Squad tpb vol 3 this is the Ostrander post Crisis series

IDW
    Ghostbusters Deviations

Marvel
    Infinity Watch vol 1

Other
    HipHop Family Tree #8
    KDoT #229
    One Punch Man vol 5 I know this is a parody of the DBZ/One Piece boys manga. It also happens to be a really excellent example of it; it's almost to good to be considered a parody.
    @Torchsong are the FCBD offerings showing up when you complete your DCBS order? I can't see them via search.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

@Torchsong are the FCBD offerings showing up when you complete your DCBS order? I can't see them via search.

I missed the FCBD offerings last year on DCBS because they switched their website design just at that time. In the past the offer came up once I placed my order, and I could add the FCBD books then. No pop ups last year. And when I realized it, it was too late. I could have emailed them, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Luckily, I was able to take my kids to our LCS and got all the ones I was hoping for. So that's a long explanation to simply say, I would like to know about this too. Thanks!
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    When I clicked on checkout after uploading the order sheet/items, the FCBD offerings appeared.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The FCBD stuff comes up when you're checking out. You can pick four...generally I'm at a store on FCBD hawking stuff so I pick up the freebies then, but the 2000AD book is always a must get.
    edited January 2016
    Torchsong said:

The FCBD stuff comes up when you're checking out. You can pick four...generally I'm at a store on FCBD hawking stuff so I pick up the freebies then, but the 2000AD book is always a must get.

Thanks for the heads up. That's how they've done it in the past. Just wanted to be able to confirm that for others.

Looks like there are 50 offerings this time. I don't recall this being the past procedure, but apparently DCBS is limiting Free Comic Book Day quantities based on your 2015 order history. Based on my 2015 orders, I was only eligible to add up to 3 FCBD titles to my order. My average monthly order last year was around $75-$90

Be sure your decision is final because your selections will not be available to edit after placing your order.

Another curiosity. That 75th anniversary Captain America magazine says in the DCBS solicit that it is FREE (twice), but my order form says it costs $5.99 with the 40% off discount.
    A reminder for DCBS folks-- a very early due date this month (tomorrow, 1/20). And I have found that if I get orders in late, some books I order are getting delayed. So best get those January orders in already if you haven't.
    David_D said:

A reminder for DCBS folks-- a very early due date this month (tomorrow, 1/20). And I have found that if I get orders in late, some books I order are getting delayed. So best get those January orders in already if you haven't.

Thanks David. Also, if you've already ordered, this is the last day to change your mind by removing stuff from the order :)

You can still add stuff after today.
    edited January 2016

David_D said:

Thanks David. Also, if you've already ordered, this is the last day to change your mind by removing stuff from the order :)

You can still add stuff after today.
    True-- though my experience is that if you submit after the order date (and, in fairness, these early cut-offs are Diamond's date, not DCBS choice) there seems to be more chance that an item that shipped damaged, or shorted, will not end up in your box on time. So I have been trying to now observe the order cutoff date as the final date, if I want to get my things on time.
    Good practice.
    I just had a funny moment where my own post on this (and your response to it) reminded me that I have to do this tonight.

I may start leaving all my reminders to myself here!
    I'm glad you brought it up, I'd forgotten to order a copy of Previews. Now, my order is complete.