Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Punk Rock Jesus

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Now first off I am not a Christian. But I see nothing wrong with Punk Rock Jesus. In my studies,Jesus was rebel and punk rock was all about rebellion. I can understand how in some ways it might offend some people. But it is just a comic book. I mentioned it the other day to my cousin who is a youth minister. He said that he found nothing offensive about it and can how it might in some small way bring more people into Christianity.
  • Options
    Turn the other cheek... And move on.

The Tiki
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    If they attacked Muslims they would... risk someone finding where they lived and killing them. Attacking Christians is the most popular form of bigotry because bigots are natural cowards.
    WHAT?! A muslim will automatically track you down and kill you because you insult their religion?! That is a silly and hate-filled statement. Should I fear Christians because of their loooooong history of violence in the name of religion (e.g., Ireland in the 1970s)? No, I shouldn't, and I don't. Ugh, what a disgusting statement this is.

• Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    Turn the other cheek... And move on.

The Tiki
    I think there's another forum for that kind of thing.
  • Options
    Now first off I am not a Christian. But I see nothing wrong with Punk Rock Jesus. In my studies,Jesus was rebel and punk rock was all about rebellion. I can understand how in some ways it might offend some people. But it is just a comic book. I mentioned it the other day to my cousin who is a youth minister. He said that he found nothing offensive about it and can how it might in some small way bring more people into Christianity.
    That's what I'm talking about.

• Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    Per-natal non-aborted Mike fears not being born in this conservative anti-women climate.
    The government wants to control our women! That is just wrong! Do you have any idea what will happen if they try to contain all that crazy? Well, do you?
    Post-natal non-aborted Mike has spoken!!!
  • Options
    You do know, going forward, your new name will be 'Post-Natal, Non-Aborted Mike' or PNNAM! for short. :-)
  • Options

Probably because you touched us...

...in the heart. >:D<
    I think there's another forum for that kind of thing.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

- Jesus is the most sacred of beings in the history of mankind.
    Not everyone shares that belief. In fact, some think he's as imaginary as the costumed people we love to read about.
    - My world revolves around my faith, I see fit to defend it.

As a fellow Catholic... mine does not.

Perhaps that's why I am more easy going about it. In fact, I can even laugh about some of the funny stuff. (Like the aforementioned God/Jesus bits on Family Guy, and even South Park)

Not saying that there's anything to laugh about here. I actually don't care about Punk Rock Jesus, one way or another. It just exists. (Or is going to)
  • Options
    I'd be more offended when people say that Jesus appeared in their toast rather than in a comic-book.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    I'd be more offended when people say that Jesus appeared in their toast rather than in a comic-book.
    I just saw Jesus on a punk rock album! Not quite as good as toast I know but hey it could be him right?
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Man I thought this thread was about done and then it blew up with 45 new responses. I'll respectfully bow out since my initial comments were deemed inappropriate anyway, but you guys have fun with this crazy discussion, don't go too wild with each other.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Per-natal non-aborted Mike fears not being born in this conservative anti-women climate.
    The government wants to control our women! That is just wrong! Do you have any idea what will happen if they try to contain all that crazy? Well, do you?
    Post-natal non-aborted Mike has spoken!!!
    The government doesn't want to just control our women, it wants to control us all. And I for one welcome our governmental overlords. They are warm and welcome and want what's best for us. Our government always does what's right. When Uncle Sam touches me in inappropriate places, it's always appropriate. Please take me some more, Uncle Sam. I don't even need lube. I will even remove my tin foil helmet so that you may control my mind because I love you.

Wait.... what were we talking about?
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    On a side note here. What does troll mean because I seem to be getting a few of them?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    On a side note here. What does troll mean because I seem to be getting a few of them?
    :-O

Seriously?
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130

Seriously?
    I think he just trolled us.
  • Options

Seriously?
    We've been 'ric-trolled?
  • Options

Seriously?
    We've been 'ric-trolled?
    Bwah hah hah!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Uh...would a punk rocker have so much hair? Don't see how that look would work.
  • Options
    MikeGallagherMikeGallagher Posts: 547
    The ramones had hair
  • Options
    The ramones had hair
    Agreed. :) But I was thinking facial hair. Were there any punk rockers with facial hair?

• Options
    The ramones had hair
    Agreed. :) But I was thinking facial hair. Were there any punk rockers with facial hair?

Yeah there has been,but most punk rock musicians are clean shaven. I was in a shitty punk band for a year and had a massive goatee. Does that count?

• Options

All the Ramones had longish hair,and I want to say when Henry Rollins joined Black Flag he had long hair. Plus there is all the punk rockers with dreads.
  • Options

All the Ramones had longish hair,and I want to say when Henry Rollins joined Black Flag he had long hair. Plus there is all the punk rockers with dreads.
    I am going to want to see a full beard with hair to the shoulders type punk rocker as Jesus would have. I think heavy metal maybe with punk influences?
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    Still want to know what troll means.....
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    The ramones had hair

Photobucket
  • Options

Seriously?
    We've been 'ric-trolled?
    Bwah hah hah!

Ahhh, @WetRats... are you the Blue Beetle to my Booster Gold?
  • Options
    Still want to know what troll means.....
    "One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary.