Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

All-new 'Justice League Action' coming to the Cartoon Network | Fall 2016

Kevin Conroy will return to his iconic role as the voice of Batman, and the Justice League will return in a new Cartoon Network animated series, but one that appears to be different in tone to previous incarnations. In addition to Conroy reprising his fan-favorite role as Batman, Cartoon Network promises "an all-star lineup of regular and guest cast voices, including Mark Hamill as Joker, James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold and many more portraying your favorite DC Comics Super Heroes and Super-Villains."

Comments

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I'm not that crazy about it, apparently it will be in the same vein as Teen Titans Go!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

Booster Gold

If Booster is there, then so am I!

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited February 2016

I'm not that crazy about it, apparently it will be in the same vein as Teen Titans Go!

No, not in the same gag comedy vein, just targeted to the same age group, with 15-minute (minus commercials) stories. It's basically going to be all the fights of the Timm-verse Justice League, but without all the boring subplots and character development and all the stupid talking. ’Cause, you know, kids hate that junk. ;)

I'm not a big fan of Sam Register-produced stuff on the whole, but Butch Lukic and Alan Burnett are involved, so it has a chance to be mindless fun at least. The weird thing for me is going to be hearing Kevin Conroy’s voice coming out of a Batman who looks to be in his late teens/early 20s.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

The weird thing for me is going to be hearing Kevin Conroy’s voice coming out of a Batman who looks to be in his late teens/early 20s.

I was momentarily taken aback by this as well. I'm intrigued. I'll check it out for sure.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617

Kevin Conroy will return to his iconic role as the voice of Batman,

Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold

RIP Diedrich Bader Batman. We loved you greatly and you left us far too soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

Kevin Conroy will return to his iconic role as the voice of Batman,

Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold

RIP Diedrich Bader Batman. We loved you greatly and you left us far too soon.
    He was quite good. He does a good Guy Gardner too.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    Best guest appearance in a cartoon (one of the best in TV history) was Ted McGinley as Aquaman on B&B.
    Maybe we will get a body swap episode so I can hear DBader as Bats one more time.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Here's the trailer from SDCC:

https://youtu.be/Pctd-ThJDOo

Looks good!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Here's my issue with the show; there looks to be some interesting stuff...then it gets completely undermined by the Firestorm stuff. Is that a one off or an episode regular type of bit?

M
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Remember, 30+ year-olds are not likely the target audience. I can see how you find it off putting, but maybe he's taking the role the Flash had in the original Justice League as the comedy relief?
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited July 2016
    I'm not much liking the art style. It may grow on me, but it's certainly not my first (or second, third, fourth, fifth...) choice.

ETA: I think I've put my finger on it. It's just far enough removed from Timm to be jarring, but not far enough to be its own thing.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Here's the trailer from SDCC:

https://youtu.be/Pctd-ThJDOo

Looks good!

Looks great. The Bruce Timm influence is on the nose. How involved, if at all, is he? Sam Register is executive producer, along with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg. It also features Mark Hamill as the Joker, James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold and many more.

• Options
    I don't think Bruce is involved at all. However, Shane Glines, who worked on B:TAS, S:TAS, Batman Beyond, and Justice League, is the lead designer.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I'm in. Looks like fun.
    Btw, Matt. I feel the same way every time I hear or read Captain Marvel speaking like a kid.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.
    Btw, Matt. I feel the same way every time I hear or read Captain Marvel speaking like a kid.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited July 2016
    hauberk said:

ETA: I think I've put my finger on it. It's just far enough removed from Timm to be jarring, but not far enough to be its own thing.

This can be said for most of WB's superhero output and a lot of other superhero cartoons. Too many characters with identical body types making it look like they just used the blank templates you get with superhero RPGs as the basis for all the characters.

That being said, this looks more my sort of thing than Young Justice ever was.
  • Options
    Matt said:

aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
    The original.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
    The original.
    Batson or Mar-Vel?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
    The original.
    Batson or Mar-Vel?

M
    The original ... Batson.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
    The original.
    Batson or Mar-Vel?

M
    The original ... Batson.
    I consider both "original", it's just what company that I look for reference.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
    The original.
    Batson or Mar-Vel?

M
    The original ... Batson.

M
    Hmm. I thought the toon being discussed was a DC/WB and could not include Mar-Vell from Marvel Comics.
  • Options

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

aquatroy said:

I'm in. Looks like fun.

Which Captain Marvel?

M
    The original.
    Batson or Mar-Vel?

M
    The original ... Batson.

M
    Hmm. I thought the toon being discussed was a DC/WB and could not include Mar-Vell from Marvel Comics.
    I actually don't watch any of the cartoon shows, so I wasn't certain if Mar-Vell has appeared in one.

M
  • Options
    Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    I'll definitely give the series a shot, though at first blush it appears to be for the "Short Attention-Span Theatre" crowd (i.e. the kiddies and the easily bored). If anything, I need to watch it just to see that version of Brainiac with the huge, Leader-like head.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Seems about what I was expecting. An amalgam of its predecessors (jlu, b+b with a dash of tt). Animation and such looks a bit better in motion than expected though based on the initial still images. The one superman shot though looked pathetic. Not what I'd personally prefer or want, but could be worse. I'll take what I can get and will give it a shot.