Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Thunderbolts #1 [MARVEL NOW] aka The Wolfpack

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Sounds like a win-win for me.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Sadly, I cannot buy a book that has Thunderbolt Ross and his amazing disappearing moustache.

I know, it is petty... but it just irks me to distraction whenever I see that.

His body quadrupling in mass, his skin turning red, his pants turning black and magically staying on while the rest of his clothes rip off...and you're worried about his 'stache? C'mon 8-| ;)
    I was at a panel at Comic-Con a few years ago, touting the release of The Incredible Hulk TV show on DVD.

In that panel, one of the people that worked on the show talked about how they would get notes back on episodes, and how they often had to fight the insanity of the notes.

In particular, there was a note on the episode where the Incredible Hulk battled a Grizzly Bear.

The note?

"The Six Million Dollar Man is really popular. How about making the Grizzly Bear a ROBOTIC Grizzly Bear?"

:-$

This is where the guy working on the show had to meet with the executive that came up with this brilliant idea. He explained that, on every show, the makers only have so many "buys" that they can ask of the audience, before it becomes too much for them to be able to suspend disbelief long enough to enjoy the show. They were already asking the audience to believe that Bill Bixby could turn into a muscle-bound green guy, and that the opportunity to battle a Grizzly Bear would come along. Randomly asking the audience to accept the Grizzly is a robot would be too much.

The executive countered that it worked on The Six Million Dollar Man.

The guy working on the show then had to explain that it worked on The Six Million Dollar Man because that was their "buy," and that if The Six Million Dollar Man tried to introduce a guy that could transform into another big green guy, that audience might have issues with it.

In the end, I think the guy working on the show only convinced them by finally saying that it would put them over budget.

:))

So... yeah. I can go with a guy quadrupling in mass, turning red, his hair turning black... but the idea of his upper lip somehow sucking in the mustache in durning the transformation throws me. People spent months trying to figure out who the Red Hulk was, and having it turn out to be Ross with the conveniently disappearing mustache seemed a cop-out on the level of when DC changed the identity of the villain back in the Armageddon 2001 event.

[-X
  • Options
    Yep. Back in the day all I had to buy was the pants not ripping.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

So... yeah. I can go with a guy quadrupling in mass, turning red, his hair turning black... but the idea of his upper lip somehow sucking in the mustache in durning the transformation throws me. People spent months trying to figure out who the Red Hulk was, and having it turn out to be Ross with the conveniently disappearing mustache seemed a cop-out on the level of when DC changed the identity of the villain back in the Armageddon 2001 event.

[-X

Please. It was always going to be Hawk.

The fact that there was an annual devoted to clearing him of being said villain means nothing. Nothing at all.