Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1283 Talkback: Skype Me with Julian Lytle

2»

Comments

• Options
    Corwin said:

@julianlytle I had to really sit back and think about your theory. And in a lot of ways it makes sense. But we've really got to see how Marvel does this going forward.

I thought what the Phoenix Force did was reignite the mutant gene. So there should be new mutant births, powers kicking in at puberty and people who have had a deactivated x gene now being active. New Mutants will show up in Wolverine and the X-Men since they're probably brought into the Jean Grey school. I'm sure we'll see mutants popping up in the X-Men books.

As for the movies influencing the comics...it's got to be all about bringing in new readers and making it fresh for new eyes.

Yeah I really don't think those births if there are any are going to be the same type. I think they could contractually keep them from FOX that way. We'll see where they debut.
  • Options
    Corwin said:

As for the Infinity Gem the Illuminati came together and considered it was reasoned that using one uncontrollable cosmic power versus another wouldn't be a good thing...

Yeah I can't buy that. I've never seen the IG as uncontrolable at all. Also just using one gem for one person would be that much.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549

Corwin said:

As for the Infinity Gem the Illuminati came together and considered it was reasoned that using one uncontrollable cosmic power versus another wouldn't be a good thing...

Yeah I can't buy that. I've never seen the IG as uncontrolable at all. Also just using one gem for one person would be that much.
    I agree with you, if they were really desperate they would have used the gems. But Reed Richards talked them out of using it. I think Reed stated something about if they raised the stakes it could lead to things escalating or something. I just wanted to let you that Bendis brought it up.

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Yeah, MorrisonCon did sound good. But I don't think I could ever afford it. Hint-hint! Haa. "Send AlienAL to Morrison Con, yo!" As for the cynical rant: Ah, who cares? If it's a good story I'll probably buy it. When I become disinterested, I'll stop buying it. It's like McDonald's: I've heard how they make some of their food, and if I ever stop liking the taste, I'll stop buying it. Until then, I'll keep buying it. Anyway, I don't buy toys so I don't care if they change costumes for that reason. Well, and overall I'm not buying Julian's theory of it all being about new characters being in movies. I think it's about writers using the characters they like best and trying to fit them into stories.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Just listened to this. Julian's "rant" was awesome.

I may not agree with everything, but it made me think.